Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have won 40 of 44 games in 3 years.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

We have won 40 of 44 games in 3 years.

Jan 6, 2018, 12:50 AM

We have played in 3 of the 4 playoffs.
We will be favored to go back next year.
Along the way we have beaten everybody who is anybody.
We won a National Championship against what people were saying was a GOAT team.
We lost an entire offense, and went back to the playoffs with a QB who had never taken a meaninful snap.
We finessed some people in some of those wins, chess against checkers.
We manhandled some people in some of those wins, dominating otherwise physical teams on both lines.

Our head coach has a nearly 80% winning percentage, 90% during the playoff era.
We have attracted and maintained a coaching staff no one can match.
Our recruiting is such that we get better every year, and next year will continue the trend.
We have a team culture everyone now tries to copy, but no one can because it aint about the vocabulary.

We have a program we would not have dreamt of 8 years ago. We couldn't have made it up.

And some lowlife idiots on this board question the character of the players and the ability of the coaches because - and I am not making this up ($1 to Dave Barry) - we lost one game.

If those posters are actually Clemson fans (doubtful, one hopes) they are idiots. If you are reading this, you are an idiot.

If those posters are scu fans (lack of intelligence favors this alternative) they are exactly who they are, jealous of something they will never, ever, ever have. And that is true if Clemson never wins another game, because we are Clemson and no one else can be, so suck on that. But the 5 bomb is coming, and you know it, and 6 and 7 will get you great odds in Vegas right now too. And you know you will be watching us in the playoffs next year. Again. It hurts to watch, doesn't it? Because somehow you have to make do with an idiot qb and his idiot dad on the coaching staff. And the idiot who thought up that idiot idea. Sure, go recruit some more qb's with that staring at them. Idiots.

So it really doesn't matter if you who wrote that idiotic stuff are Clemson fans or scu fans. You're all the same. Idiots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have won 40 of 44 games in 3 years.

Jan 6, 2018, 12:57 AM

What you say is true. It’s a wonderful time to be a Tiger and will/should be for many years to come. But please tell me that you see that there are some things that need changing/tweaking. And if you do, what do you think they are?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Three words

Jan 6, 2018, 1:03 AM

You're a fraud.

Re: Three words

Jan 6, 2018, 1:11 AM

Who’s a fraud?

I tink he said you?***

Jan 6, 2018, 4:01 AM

Know who’s the biggest fraud?

Jan 6, 2018, 7:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Three words ]

Megaladon.

Why?

1) It’s spelled Megalodon, not “Megaladon.” Fraudulent spelling.

And

2) A Megalodon is a big ace shark that’s been extinct for over 2 million years. Sharks of today don’t have the waterproof cell phones/laptops to connect to the T-Net. Sharks that don’t exist have it even worse. So this person clearly IS NOT a real Megalodon thus making him/her a...

FRAUD!

Got your back, Blizz. Good to know you’re still alive and kicking.

~JKB

You know John, I did realize 'lodon is the correct

Jan 6, 2018, 10:08 AM

spelling, but there are several reasons for spelling it with the "a".

Secondly, megaladons are NOT extinct. I saw one in a late-night b movie just the other day. So save me the bogus science crap, okay buddy?

You're not a fraud...you're a COOT fraud...any questions???***

Jan 6, 2018, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Three words ]

That is a fair question, but is way different from what

Jan 6, 2018, 1:11 AM [ in reply to Re: We have won 40 of 44 games in 3 years. ]

those posters were saying.

If you ask Nick Saban what he would tweak about his team, even in the game Monday, he would probably have a long list. Everybody has tweaking to do. But if the question is what should Clemson be doing differently, the only answer is absolutely nothing. To take an offense that was mostly question marks, with inexperience and no known quantities at most positions, and put up the numbers they did was a job that gets nothing but attaboys. I mean, it was pretty incredible.

So back to tweaking, sure, we showed up for the Monday game in a frame of mind that seemed to not be up to that of the opponent. Figure out what caused that, do a few things differently next time. But please, nothing major. We showed up loaded for bear the previous year, so we have done it. Just do it again. Not a big deal.

Has it occurred to anybody that Alabama lost a big game last year? They panic? Nope. Get over it, people. We are living in a world we wouldn't have dreamed up if we took lsd. There. Is. Nothing. Wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 1:03 AM

I agree with almost everything you mention, but to say we went back to the playoffs
with a quarterback who had never taken a meaningful snap is just wrong because if that quarterback
had not been part of the ACCCG win, we might not have gotten back to that playoff.

Went back: the season that took us there. A qb who had

Jan 6, 2018, 1:20 AM

not taken a meaningful snap led us back to the playoffs. Slice it however one wants, that was a remarkable thing.

Re: Went back: the season that took us there. A qb who had

Jan 6, 2018, 1:28 AM

Just an add on. Repeating is very hard to do. Fine season IMO. Look at ways to improve and get better. Go Tigers.

Jan 6, 2018, 2:49 AM

I was in agreement with your post until .... "If you are reading this, you are an idiot."

What?

Carried the addressee in the first sentence in the paragraph

Jan 6, 2018, 11:23 AM

through to the end of the paragraph.

Most Clemson folks think like you and are pleased

Jan 6, 2018, 4:51 AM

and excited about our program.

Champions in any endeavor will continue to train vigorously and along with study seek ways to improve their efforts. That we continue to do so is crucial lest we become complacent, which often is a foreboding of disaster.

I believe we have the right staff in place to continue our development, and although some tweaking here and there may be in order, I prefer to defer to our leadership, as you do. Most folks here on TigerNet, I believe, would agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 7:47 AM

It's amazing if you think about it, Dabo started 19-15 in his first 3 seasons and is 82-15 since with 3 playoff appearances.

+1....***

Jan 6, 2018, 9:55 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 10:37 AM

Clemson is year-in/year-out one of the top 4 teams in the country. I personally thought you guys would beat Alabam, and was surprised you lost. But that does nothing to subtract from what Dabo has done both regionally and nationally.

I would love it Tech had even 1/2 of what Clemson currently has.

Can you get better? Well, sure. There's no such thing as perfection. My guess is that Dabo will go back to work, and maybe try and build a little more of a road-grader OL that won't get dominated by Bama in the future.

If I was going to say what my favorite part of Clemson's program is: Probably Venables and that defense. Those guys are really good every year, and they played well enough to beat Bama.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic