Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson recruiting coordinator: "We can get anybody and everybody"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson recruiting coordinator: "We can get anybody and everybody"

Dec 23, 2017, 8:01 AM

Clemson recruiting coordinator: "We can get anybody and everybody"

Wednesday was a good for the Clemson Tigers, and recruiting coordinator Brandon Streeter says it shows the Tigers can get anybody and everybody. The Tigers' recruiting footprint is also expanding.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson recruiting coordinator: "We can get anybody and everybody"

Dec 23, 2017, 8:36 AM

Whatever Coach Streeter and the other coaches are doing is working. We'll done.

Are there other targets we need this class? Seems I remember an OT, a DB.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson recruiting coordinator: "We can get anybody and everybody"

Dec 23, 2017, 10:07 AM

What is happening at Clemson now is, we are keeping our staff pretty much together, and when we lose one, Dabo fills that spot with another good top coach at that position, the same as he does when a player moves on to their future. But the next best thing that Dabo does, he keeps up with what ever is new and needed in future facility changes, that helps us to stay ahead with having a top FB facility, and that is what most of these recruits are looking at, are we keeping up with the Jimmy's and Joe's, but most of all, are we keeping up with the Jones's!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Headline sounds a little arrogant.

Dec 23, 2017, 11:18 AM

Just say'n.

It's honest.

Dec 23, 2017, 11:30 AM

It's not as if we recruit kids that aren't of excellent character as do the other top programs. Clemson is extremely selective of players who have natural ability and are trainable with a high skill potential and superior work ethic.

The qualifier is 'who we want,' and we only want those who have the best balance of the qualities listed above. The catch is that only those who fit our criteria want to come to a program with such high demands and expectations.

Many programs can offer a kid to training and exposure to reach his goal if his only goal is to play in the NFL and make a ton of money. Few can grow them into men by surrounding them with the quality of men who lead our program.

I'll admit the headline projected a certain lack of humility by our QB coach but I excuse that due to the exuberance of his youth and success and the effect it will have on our incoming class.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“It ain’t bragging, if you can back it up”- Muhammad Ali***

Dec 23, 2017, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Headline sounds a little arrogant. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell'em coot...***

Dec 23, 2017, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Headline sounds a little arrogant. ]

Haha. Good one cool guy!

Dec 23, 2017, 5:47 PM

Nm

Re: Headline sounds a little arrogant.

Dec 23, 2017, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Headline sounds a little arrogant. ]

I thought the same thing. Better to be a little humble.
The intent is pure in that Clemson can appeal to the best athletes anywhere in the country. Headlines tend to sensationalize things in a slanted view.

Dec 23, 2017, 6:35 PM

Even if it is a true statement, it can be used as a negative recruiting tool. Would like to know the context in whic it was used. On it's face, it doesn't sound like Streeter.

Dec 24, 2017, 8:14 AM

How you would pitch this one line negatively to a recruit? I think that a recruit would like to hear that Clemson could recruit anybody and still chose him to target.

There's a fine line between arrogance and swagger. I'm impressed by our staff's ability to toe that line!

Dec 24, 2017, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Headline sounds a little arrogant. ]

Perhaps it was a response to someone questioning why we didn't get Baker Mayfield? We can get anybody we WANT. :)

Dec 23, 2017, 1:14 PM

Clemson recruiting reminds me of the ZZ Top song “I’m bad. I’m nationwide “. Goooo Tigers!

One of the biggest catches .... imo...

Dec 23, 2017, 7:29 PM

Is KJ Henry. Mr. Wilkins has been a mainstay in our defense for several years. He will be missed BUT Mr. Henry will make up a lot of the slack from Wilkins loss to the NFL. On he field and in leadership as well. I think he will play from the opening game next year. Anyone agree with this?

Re: One of the biggest catches .... imo...

Dec 24, 2017, 8:33 AM

I think we open next season with Furman, anybody that is not red shirting and not injured will play. I do not think Henry nor XT will start in the first game. The best player will start and everyone that deserves to play will play.

Dec 24, 2017, 9:41 AM

Brandon..... there's only one qualified to use that statement.......Kirby says hi!

Three out of the top five in an intentionally small class***

Dec 24, 2017, 11:10 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic