Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Three divisions in the ACC to bring Notre Dame into the league
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,179

Three divisions in the ACC to bring Notre Dame into the league

Apr 7, 2015, 8:43 PM

Atlantic
Clemson
Georgia Tech
NCST
Wake
VA Tech

Coastal
Miami
FSU
UVA
UNC
Duke

North
Notre Dame
Boston
Pitt
Syracuse
L vile

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25139160/college-football-conference-title-game-restrictions-to-be-relaxed-by-201

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need four with four teams each.

Apr 7, 2015, 9:05 PM

Pod winners play a two game playoff and we've got a true conference champion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We need four with four teams each.

Apr 7, 2015, 11:42 PM

I think the POD thing would be a good idea also.

ND probably comes in if they can bring along Navy (ND always has and always will play Navy... so put them in same POD, and one of ND's "problems" of joining the conference goes away.

4 Teams each POD... We would play the 3 other POD members each year. Then we have one perm "rival" from each of the other three PODS. Then rotate the three teams left in each POD. 9 conference games each year. In five years, you will have played everyone in the conference.

One issue: means one year you have five home, four away... and opposite next year. Probably have all POD A and POD B on the same 4/5 schedule; and all POD C and POD D on same 5/4 schedule. POD A winner plays POD B winner (home of best record) -- C plays D... (home of best record)... Winners play in Charlotte.

Make it 16 teams with bringing in Idaho

Apr 8, 2015, 12:31 AM

Make 8 divisions with 2 teams each. The 2 teams alternate home and away 6 times a year, every other week. Therefore playing each other 12 times a years. So, if we get in the division with the Idaho Vandals we would play each other every week, home and away. The winner of each division goes in a 12 team playoff with 4 wildcard teams, each played at a neutral site. The championship will be decided in a 3 game series, with each game played at a different neutral site.

Re: Make it 16 teams with bringing in Idaho

Apr 8, 2015, 12:58 AM

Bingo! (LOL...) What a truly wonderful plan, and it's just so obvious. However, I've always had a notion of stealing ASU from the PAC12 - they'd be an ideal member of the "Atlantic Coast" Conference - and they'd bring a highly rated, competitive program (more so than Idaho) to enhance the credibility of the ACC. Just imagine playing the ACC Championship game in Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe!

Consider my mind bottled***

Apr 8, 2015, 3:29 AM [ in reply to Make it 16 teams with bringing in Idaho ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 16 teams 4 div play 9 Conf Games add UConn like this

Apr 8, 2015, 7:04 AM [ in reply to We need four with four teams each. ]

South
Miami, FSU, GaTech, Clemson

Mid-Atlantic
UNC, NCST, Wake, Duke

North
Syracuse, BC, UConn, Pitt

West
UVA, VT, Louisville, ND

Play your 3 div teams every year and alternate 2 teams from the other Div annually. Take the 2 best records in championship game if a tie the 2 highest ranked teams per some predetermined poll.

Clemson 2015 scheduleschedule
FSU H, Miami A, GT H, Lou A, ND H, BC A, SYR H, Wake A, NCST H, SC A, Aub A, App St H (6 H - 6 A)

Clemson 2016
FSU A, Miami H, GT A, Lou H, UVA A, BC H, UConn A, Wake H, UNC A, SC H, Aub H, Ga South H (7 H - 5A)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we should try to get, and likely could get, Penn

Apr 8, 2015, 8:14 AM

They seem a bit disgruntled with the Big 10 and it would be nice for them to play Pitt every year again. With everything cooling from the scandal, I think it would be a great time to strike. Also, we could repay the Big 10 for taking Maryland (not that I miss their sorry fanbase).

Or Navy, who would give us access to Maryland again, and who fits the academic quality of the ACC. The downside would be having both Navy and GT in the same conference. It could mean a terrible time for teams who hate the triple option.

why do we need divisions? As long as we play GT & FSU every

Apr 7, 2015, 10:07 PM

Year the other 6 conference games can just rotate home & home. Doing this means we would play everyone twice every four years.

How about fifteen one team divisions.

Apr 8, 2015, 8:25 AM

To heck with the ACC. AMIRIGHT?

GO TIGERS!

16 teams with 32 divisions. Each team is in two desperate divisions.

Apr 8, 2015, 9:07 AM

You play round robin in you respected divisions ns while also playing yourself twice. The winners of the divisions will then play in a 32 team tournament with each team taking 2 bracket spots in opposite ends of the spectrums. At the end of the tourney a 5 game series for the title. In which case it would be possible to be playing against your own team. Each game at a different neutral site.

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,179
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic