Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on this?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Thoughts on this?

Dec 29, 2019, 10:53 PM

Ever since 2012 Clemson has always been much better conditioned than any SEC team they played .I always tell my non Clemson friends that Clemson is the best conditioned team in the country . SEC linemen are always described as massive (fat!).Clemson has basically the same O line (the O line that beat the crap out of Bama ) as last year and they always seem to be better conditioned than SEC O linemen and Clemson wears SEC teams down on offense and defense by making their fat guys move side to side till they wear out.I haven't watched LSU that much this season but for those who have do you think Clemson can use superior conditioning to wear down LSU ? It's been a factor in the past when we played LSU in 2012 and in Clemson's games with Bama . Rope a Dope LSU!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on this?

Dec 29, 2019, 10:54 PM

LSU is very good at the “SEC timeout” aka “cramping” to catch breathers as needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They practically invented it.***

Dec 29, 2019, 11:13 PM

Dec 30, 2019, 1:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on this? ]

LSU is very good at the “SEC timeout” aka “cramping” to catch breathers as needed.

LSU was accused of this by UTx but LSU carried it out so well several players continued to fake and stay out for weeks.

No, LSU is not poorly conditioned. Recent article on the weight room focused on the technology used for recording/analyzing of lifts and time. Not only do they do the required lifts, the time over which they are done is factored in.

Early in his career Orgeron was a Strength Coach at Ark.

LSU 2 NG are huge.: 6'3, 245 & 6'4, 355. Both had to lose significant weight to play. They alternate often, just too big to play every play. They stack up the middle tho.

Strength and conditioning training in football started with the work of Olympic Weightlifting Coch Alvin Roy and LSU Prof Dr Fred Drury. Roy then consulted to help teams across USA to start programs in football, and was the first NFL Strength Coach.

We were taught in the 50s that we needed Strength, Endurance and Flexibility.

Alvin Roy disciple and Olympic Wt Coach Gayle Hatch has added Explosiveness for the football players.

Dec 30, 2019, 1:05 AM

I’m not sure that will be a factor in this game. Most of these truly top tier teams have caught on to have more athletic linemen. At this point, the NFL demands it. As always with this caliber of game, the talent will be so close that the game will be decided by scheme/execution, turnovers, and just plain ole luck. Unfortunately, I don’t see us just simply exerting our will upon them.

I think we should establish the running game

Dec 30, 2019, 1:12 AM

Beat them up with game control drives and wear them down. Yes I think it’s possible.

Their run D isn’t the greatest. We should have better success on the ground than we did against OSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic