Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on stadium music during kickoffs, timeouts, pump up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Thoughts on stadium music during kickoffs, timeouts, pump up

Jul 13, 2013, 11:55 AM

I know a lot of people like the traditional sounds in Death Valley, like Eye of the Tiger and Hells Bells (one of my favorites).

Im glad to see that we are updating our soundtrack though. Not only can the student section relate to it but so can the recruits and players. I hope we keep up with the youthful age by playing more "beat" music whether its dubstep, electronica, or hip hop. Let our speakers in the stadium BOOM, IMO.

What songs would yall like to hear?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on stadium music during kickoffs, timeouts, pump up

Jul 13, 2013, 12:03 PM

Crown- Jay Z
Bugatti- Ace Hood
Ima Boss - Meek Mill

Death Valley definitely needs an improvement in the hype department. There's only so many times I can hear Zombie Nation before I get tired of it. These hip hop songs will guarantee to hype up the crowd and our players! Anything AC/ DC can stay though; Hells Bells on third down is as dynamic as it gets in college football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2013, 3:00 PM

I have not read all of the post but I have for many years after seeing the movie The Knights Tale with Heath Ledger that the game should start with the music "We Will Rock You", just the music and the crowd will let the other team know they are getting ready to be rocked. I miss the old orange and white cheer during the game, let everyone know they were in to the game.
Anyway Go Rock Em Tigers!!

I like your style

Jul 13, 2013, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on stadium music during kickoffs, timeouts, pump up ]

Finally someone with some taste steps up!

How bout this.. no artificial sounds

Jul 13, 2013, 12:23 PM

Lets make tiger band actually be functional and pump up the crowd. Lets let our students who will likely be very drunk by kick off pump up the other 70+ thousand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess the 'new generation'

Jul 13, 2013, 12:32 PM

would prefer to get rid of those silly traditions like tiger rag. hold that tiger, the paw, the rock, orange uniforms and the rest of that silly stuff that makes Clemson suck. Let's change everything and go with the flow.
I never liked the idea of tailgating anyway so lets start by outlawing that foolish tradition. Maybe we can transform gameday into a rap session where everyone gets drunk and acts like a bunch of tarheel ######### and real football takes a backseat to the real joy of a weekend at
Clemson.

some of your ideas are good, but you do tend to take things

Jul 13, 2013, 3:20 PM

into the extreme. i don't like rap either, but if we play 1 song of 1 genre, that is appropriate for the game, i don't see why playing a song from another genre, that i don't like,that is also appropriate for the game, is wrong. that means not disrespecting anyone for race or gender or anything else.

By all means be PC***

Jul 15, 2013, 11:13 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How bout this.. no artificial sounds

Jul 13, 2013, 1:31 PM [ in reply to How bout this.. no artificial sounds ]

unfortunately, the tiger band needs to be 50-100% bigger than it is now. If you look at other bands (i.e. Auburn) we're on the small side. I'm very pro band, and I heard that it took a hit years ago when they stopped giving scholys. Don't know if that is the case now.

LOL - Tiger Band??? Was that serious suggestion?

Jul 13, 2013, 4:09 PM [ in reply to How bout this.. no artificial sounds ]

You know they already amplify the sound from our band, right? It's pathetic and sounds horrible because they are simply... too small/quiet.

That'd be fine if they could learn current songs

Jul 15, 2013, 11:41 AM [ in reply to How bout this.. no artificial sounds ]

and by that I mean ones that aren't by Miley Cyrus.

My high school's band played some pretty good marching band pump-up music that included some current songs of the time, but it seems like any time Clemson's band learns a new song it's something like Miley Cyrus's "Party in the USA" or Katy Perry's "California Girls," neither of which make you want to hit somebody or score a touchdown.

Turbulence by Steve Aoki

Jul 13, 2013, 12:26 PM

Play it whenever we kick off. Play the part where the music says "ready for takeoff" and time it so that when the beat drops the kicker kicks the ball into the air, just cut the music when he makes contact.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S0N2ZRTsJE

Some of you may not like metalcore, okay probably most of you, but it would be cool to play "Now Let Them Tremble" by All That Remains whenever our defense takes the field.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rlBrUZ6STM

They could also play "Holy Diver" by Dio, maybe even the Killswitch Engage version since it is a little heavier. Good oldies heavy metal song. I think its appropriate since the since the song talks about a tiger stalking its prey..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvW2ZjyQCAU

Jul 13, 2013, 12:52 PM

People are gonna give you grief for this...and totally miss the part where you said during KICKOFFS & TIMEOUTS.

Those same people will admit 2009 FSU was one of the loudest games they've been to...and conveniently forget about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoRNrJBJ_QA

and how awesome it was and all the pump up music we played while thrashing FSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we let "regular people" change Clemson tradition then...

Jul 13, 2013, 1:02 PM

Clemson isn't as special anymore.

Clemson should let the band pump people up. Their drums before kickoff are better than anything to start the game.

And dubstep is lame as crap. Why let a dead fad adulterate the pure essence of Clemson atmosphere?

We have to keep mediocre ideas away from Clemson tradition.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^What He Said^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jul 13, 2013, 1:19 PM

!

Do away with it ! Detest it! Detracts from the experience...

Jul 13, 2013, 1:39 PM

No piped in music at all would be great. If Tiger Band can't play it, it doesn't need to be played.

Old fart opinion. Deal with it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do away with it ! Detest it! Detracts from the experience...

Jul 13, 2013, 1:54 PM

this "old fart" sure agrees!!IMHO there are A LOT MORE of us than anyone thinks

Re: Do away with it ! Detest it! Detracts from the experience...

Jul 13, 2013, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Do away with it ! Detest it! Detracts from the experience... ]

Tell it like is is....

Nice call. The biggest shock of my life was when I returned

Jul 13, 2013, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Do away with it ! Detest it! Detracts from the experience... ]

for a game after a long departure and they were blaring "Tiger Rag" over the sound system.......with a perfectly fine band right there .

Message was edited by: Tigers84a®

Re: Nice call. The biggest shock of my life was when I returned

Jul 13, 2013, 5:56 PM

When I took my Dad to one of the last games he ever got to see before he passed away, we couldn't even carry on a conversation during the game ... at all ... pissed me off no end. It needs to be stopped.

I know the feeling. Sorry for your loss.

Jul 13, 2013, 6:36 PM

I come back once or twice a year primarily to take my 90yo Tiger to the game .

He was too ill to brave the cold of the SC game last fall.

Doubt he will ever be able to return, but if he has any chance at all he will surely be there.

Here is a good song to get the crowd pumped

Jul 13, 2013, 1:51 PM

Original Version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsjzB-TKSG4 (specifically the part that starts t 2:59)

Slightly Sped Up Version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pcXcah2r0Y (specifically the part that starts at 2:54)

This would actually work

Jul 13, 2013, 2:06 PM

jmo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is a good song to get the crowd pumped

Jul 13, 2013, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Here is a good song to get the crowd pumped ]

+1...go original

The band needs to be a lot bigger and louder

Jul 13, 2013, 1:58 PM

If they are actually going to pump anybody up. Also playing stuff like "Sweet Child O' Mine" doesn't help.

I like that they are playing current music now, it gets the student section fired up and helps make Clemson a tougher place to play.

if you say so, i guess. that is why they say the best

Jul 13, 2013, 3:29 PM

generations of music were the '60's thru the '80's. not alot of good stuff coming out since then- at least that is what my recently graduated from college kids told me.

the washington post***

Jul 13, 2013, 2:40 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2013, 2:58 PM

I'd rather hear TigerBand

+1 ... I rather be able to hear ...

Jul 13, 2013, 3:35 PM

... myself think. And maybe actually be able to talk about the game instead of having my ears assaulted.

Re: +1 ... I rather be able to hear ...

Jul 13, 2013, 3:48 PM

Are we attending the same games in the same stadium...isn't the goal to be ear piercing? Don't we typically complain about how it's not loud enough lately?

Just my Opinion...

Jul 13, 2013, 3:57 PM

Do we CREATE the noise level?????

or do we just buy it....

1M watts easy to buy...

135 dB's naturally made would be more appreciated.

JMO

You can't be serious ... there could be NO fans at ALL and

Jul 13, 2013, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: +1 ... I rather be able to hear ... ]

we could still "create" an artificial ear splitting noise in the stadium.

That kind of noise has nothing to do with spirit or fan enthusiasm.

We used to cause the officials to halt play with nothing more than our lungs and our voices.

Why can't we do That anymore??

If we roll past UGAy, I've got a feeling that will come back

Jul 13, 2013, 5:53 PM

After that, our fans will be deranged and feel that this season could really be special.

wish I had more points to give***

Jul 13, 2013, 5:57 PM [ in reply to You can't be serious ... there could be NO fans at ALL and ]

Re: +1 ... I rather be able to hear ...

Jul 13, 2013, 6:40 PM [ in reply to +1 ... I rather be able to hear ... ]

I'm OK with the noise. That doesn't bother me. Just wish it came from our band.
They're students and trying to show their stuff too and it is a pretty good band, after all.
I remember when I was growing up when we'd have a game in hand, the band would play "Take the A Train."
I always thought that was pretty neat.

Jul 13, 2013, 4:01 PM

I'm an old man, but I'd like to hear halfway there at the start of the second half when the band is going back to their seats. there is a dead spot right there.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

"Midnight Train to Georgia" after we win.

Jul 13, 2013, 5:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdfZnWsps34

dubstep, electronica, or hip hop, that's music?

Jul 13, 2013, 6:09 PM

no says I.

Re: "Midnight Train to Georgia" after we win.

Jul 13, 2013, 6:40 PM [ in reply to "Midnight Train to Georgia" after we win. ]

I just want to hear our band.
They're students and trying to show their stuff too and it is a pretty good band, after all.
I remember when I was growing up when we'd have a game in hand, the band would play "Take the A Train."
I always thought that was pretty neat.

Re: Re: "Midnight Train to Georgia" after we win.

Jul 13, 2013, 9:32 PM

All of this "I just want to hear Tiger Band" stuff is great. I'm sure all of those kids would love to hear y'all singing their praises. Unfortunately, Clemson does not have a music major and cannot recruit truly gifted individuals as they are taking scholarships to universities that actually care about the arts. If you all are as passionate as you claim to be about Tiger Band, I suggest you provide your comments or donations to the appropriate department. Otherwise, quit complaining that we are no longer in 1950 and embrace the changing world that we live in and realize that if we keep doing everything the way we have always done it, we are only falling further behind the leader.

Re: Re: "Midnight Train to Georgia" after we win.

Jul 13, 2013, 9:41 PM

Then why even have a band?

I Think "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC is perfect .... and

Jul 13, 2013, 7:46 PM

opening bars to "Blitzkrieg Bop" by the Ramones would not be bad either!

Crank it up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbDekaqw3lQ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hereby second the motion***

Jul 13, 2013, 8:04 PM

nm

Yet More Ramones!

Jul 13, 2013, 9:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qs6v5fw5Ak

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent !***

Jul 13, 2013, 9:45 PM

"Thunderstruck" is a big YES from me.***

Jul 15, 2013, 1:37 PM [ in reply to I Think "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC is perfect .... and ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 13, 2013, 11:36 AM

I love all the old traditions I really do and it does pump me up evertime I hear them games or not but a lil hip-hop writes be nice ... kinda like the right song come on and everybody dances on the boat.. not too much of it but just enough to keep everyone pumped but be respectful to the elders.... without them Clemson wouldn't be Clemson!!!

Darlene McBride songs or nothing. That is my choice.

Jul 13, 2013, 9:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqZaQKskP-A

Would be perfect for us!

ArmyTiger87....A 23-year-old niece of mine was married

Jul 15, 2013, 6:56 AM

in Charlotte last year, and the reception featured the younger crowd's music. Since I like all types of music and like to dance, those younger folks were surprised (and amused) when I danced with them, although later on they asked if I needed heart medicine. Also, my 22-year-old Grandson lives with me, and he cranks up his music.

We know that the crowd will produce the noise after a successful run...or pass reception...or field goal...or TD...or beatdown by our defense. Thus, I don't care what type of music is played, as long as the crowd stays pumped. And if the younger folks prefer their genre, then I'm for it. The University is there for them...their peers are playing the game...and I like mixing it up with them. It's something about rejuvenating the old soul....

Jul 15, 2013, 11:06 AM

I think it would be cool if they said "Lets get reay to rumblllllllle" then lead into Welcome to the Jungle .... for a night game. Perfect since tigers live in the jungle.

Other intros that pump me up
Wild Side-Motley Crue
Enter Sandwan-Metallica
Jump & Panama- VH

va.tech has got the sandman already. the other songs listed

Jul 15, 2013, 11:13 AM

are good, but just don't get me "fired-up" for a football game. if you want to use this genre plug in some "power" by rainbow.

Beethoven's 5th...***

Jul 15, 2013, 11:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing after, oh, 1986 or so

Jul 15, 2013, 11:27 AM

I'm 23, very musically inclined, and I can easily say that my generation has contributed next to nothing to the musical arts. I could do without any of the recent crap they play. But, alas, I know that will never be...

The new garbage they play is terrible

Jul 15, 2013, 12:48 PM

I love hells bells at kickoff, and seven nation army is great as well (the REAL version, not that techno remix garbage they played last year)

They could do a MUCH better job at selecting more recent music

I have grown weary of Kernkraft 400.***

Jul 15, 2013, 1:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic