Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on Tallahassee trip
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,068

Thoughts on Tallahassee trip

Oct 29, 2018, 11:25 AM

Went to Tally for the first time since 2006, and really enjoyed it.

1.) Bird's Oyster Shack is a great seafood dive. Went there Fri night and highly recommend

2.) Campus has some cool areas, especially Wescott Fountain area.

3.) The whole "College-Town" area near Doak--especially the restaurant/bar Madison Social--was great for pre-game. Looked too crowded after the game.

4.) Stadium experience is not as good as VT, and is not close to the level of what we have going on at Clemson. Stadium needs upgrades, the configuration makes it seem surprisingly small, and the crowd is fair-weather.

5.) I had no trouble with obnoxious fans, but it could be that they just knew were were going to win.

6.) Watching our guys on the sidelines is very interesting (we were 5th rown right behind defense's benches). They mix a focused "business" vibe with also being laid-back, at ease, smiling, and laughing. Only one team in the nation even has a CHANCE of beating this team this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on Tallahassee trip

Oct 29, 2018, 1:02 PM

It was my first trip ever to FSU. While I understand they are "down", I was wholly unimpressed. Obviously the students don't care (10,000) empty seats, the stadium is actually a bit of a dump that they have bricked over to make the best of it. Campus was nice, but overall, I was left with the impression of how did this school ever have a period of domination at all. Clearly, like I have always said - Bobby Bowden fell into a barrel full of tittys at FSU due to the talent situation in the state of Florida.

Re: Thoughts on Tallahassee trip

Oct 29, 2018, 1:20 PM

First trip for me also. I was the only tiger amongst FSU fans but they were all very nice and cordial. Several were very complimentary of our team. Parked a bout a half mile from the stadium and zero issues with traffic. this was probably due to the fact that most fans left at half time. Stadium was not what I expected. It is in desperate need of a paint job and some serious upgrades.Experience overall was good and I plan on going back in 2 years.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The steps we're aweful

Oct 29, 2018, 1:25 PM

I thought the stadium looked nice from the outside, but the steps we're way to big. We all hurt our legs on those steps. I did love to Spear lights, though.... would love to see them lit up.

Was there for first time. Went to Madison social for lunch

Oct 29, 2018, 1:31 PM

yesterday.

Agree with what you said but one thing that impressed me is that most seats are great seats as far as being able to see the action which is impressive for a place that holds 79,000. I sat on the forty FSU side 35 rows up but feel the top row would have been great also as it’s not that high. It’s a better place to see the game than DV for the highest seats. In DV the upper deck is fine if you’re in the lower part but you can’t see from the upper UD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx all for your personal comments from your trip to Tally..

Oct 29, 2018, 2:32 PM

And thanks for going to show support for the Team too since I know the planning, time, effort, many $, etc it takes for an away game!

Attended in 1989 in a RV with my Clemson Son who was a junior then and we enjoyed sitting in the Clemson end-zone when we led big at the half due to Terry Allen running wild but Tigers had to hold on at the end to win.

Was unreal hot & humid that game day and I yelled so hard & loud the 1st half that my chest & lungs hurt so bad that i stayed in seat at half-time to rest up for the wild 2nd half.

Oh, the stadium was rather smallish back then, b/4 their major renovations.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,068
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic