Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on OSU and a win for the ages...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Thoughts on OSU and a win for the ages...

Dec 31, 2019, 1:20 PM

This is just my opinion, but Saturday's win was the best one of Dabo's tenure, if just looking at it as a singular game. I'm not sure we are appreciating how good that win was yet. Absolutely championship lore.

First, OSU fans should be disappointed. They shouldn't be disappointed in the calls, but in the fact that OSU BROUGHT THE WOOD and absolutely came to win that game. That is the hardest punch I have ever seen us take under Dabo, and that includes games against Bama. There were times I thought ETN would be knocked out, Justyn Ross knocked out, and TL knocked out. So yea, they should be disappointed they lost.

Being down 16-0 to that group, with that mindset seemed insurmountable. All we needed was a crack in the door, and the targeting call (called correctly) was it. After we scored the first TD to make it 16-7, I knew OSU was in trouble.

We took their absolute best shot the first 1.5 quarters. In that, they could only muster 1 TD and 3 FGs.

If we go on to win like we expect, and this dynasty results in 2-3 more natty's in the next 5 years... we will look back at this game and point to the time we overcame huge odds and willed ourselves to a win. Just an unbelievable effort.

That OSU team may be better than LSU, and I'm not kidding. They are good. They are ultra talented. They have not been there, and it showed.

We absolutely saw the benefit of how Dabo runs this program. We saw why he subs the way he does. Why we rotate the way we do. Why he builds for a 15 game season the way he does. Why he says the things he does. The "Daboisms". It was ALL on full display the final 3.5 quarters on Saturday.

That win will serve us for a long, long time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I seem to recall that 2012 LSU was a slugfest too

Dec 31, 2019, 1:47 PM

Seemed like both teams were really beating each other up in that Peach Bowl win.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic