Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on Brad...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Thoughts on Brad...

Jan 19, 2017, 10:07 PM

I am 41 years old and other than seeing Ellis win a regular season championship and being at Clemson while Barnes was there, I have never expected much from our basketball team. We are a football school and have always put the emphasis and resources towards that. With all that said, it is time to make a change. Brad is probably a great guy but, hell the expectations at Clemson are virtually nonexistent...make a Tourney appearance once every 2 or 3 years, ocassionally finish above .500 in conference? He can't seem to even do that.

Unless this team dances this year, let's make change and get a fresh face in LJ.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's lost this team. He even said so in ESPN preview of

Jan 19, 2017, 10:15 PM

this game

He did?

Jan 19, 2017, 11:03 PM

What did he say?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basically said he can't get team to do what he says***

Jan 19, 2017, 11:06 PM

We were a football school in 1990...

Jan 19, 2017, 10:18 PM

And I was there that night when we won the regular season ACC championship in BASKETBALL.

Hire a good coach who can get the potential out of his players and inspire recruits to come here and we can have a real basketball program too. This staff will doesn't have what it takes to do those things.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at that game as well

Jan 19, 2017, 10:23 PM

Again, that was Cliff's crowning achievement.

Our best years IMO were with Barnes. I was in school to witness it. I am not saying it can't be done. I am just saying most of us, like you, don't have super high expectations. However what we are seeing now is well below those expectations...most would agree.

Nothing against Brad, it's just time to move on.

He 's certainly losing fans

Jan 19, 2017, 10:22 PM

I have been a Clemson basketball fan for 25 year and would never miss a televised game if I wasn't in attendance. Now it's hard to watch...

Re: Thoughts on Brad...

All I ever hear is "how good of a coach BB is". Your record is what you are. BB is the Tommy Bowden of Clemson basketball...nice guy...he will only take you so far and his seven years haven't taken us far enough (NIT should not be a destination). With facilities and dollars we have, there is no reason we should just be a "football" school...somehow the baseball team and soccer teams must nout have gotten the e-mail telling them that. It also looks like he has lost the team and they haven't been engaged for quite some time. BTW...didn't we just re-up BB's contract...how long does he have?

He's not in Tommy Bowden's league.***

Jan 19, 2017, 10:29 PM

Jan 19, 2017, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on Brad... ]

BB is not a T.B. T.B. at least had a team that was respected and feared by all that he played.

Jan 20, 2017, 9:33 AM

Good point...thanks for the correction.

Jan 20, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on Brad... ]

Except TB had a lot more talented roster

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Please fire him tomorrow

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2017, 10:31 PM

He's got to go

In Brad's defense, his teams have finished almost every

Jan 19, 2017, 10:33 PM

single season, if not all of them, with a better league finish and record than pre-season predictions. Much like Dabo has done with pre-season rankings in football, though obviously not at the same level.

I will also say that, though it's been a slow and steady build, we have far more talent and depth on this year's squad than at any point in his tenure, including his tourney team in year one that Purnell left behind.

Unlike Coach B when he arrived, this is an attractive roster for whomever may follow, and it's becoming quite obvious that someone else is soon to follow.

With the new facilities and roster potential, plus the undeniable allure of competing the ACC, Clemson basketball should be a very attractive head coaching gig when the time comes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be honest...

Jan 19, 2017, 10:47 PM

I though it was a bad hire seven years ago and very little has happened during that time to change my mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Thoughts on Brad Scott

Jan 19, 2017, 11:09 PM

without him we wouldn't have Jeff Scott

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dudes! Purnell got us there. It can be done.

Jan 20, 2017, 12:19 AM

And it was a fun product to watch. Littlejohn was PACKED and LOUD. Unfortunately, BB is getting the Leggett treatment without any of Leggett's accomplishments. Been time to move on for years now. My opinion.

Jan 20, 2017, 10:41 AM

Brad has been a great ambassador for our Football program and his son has been amazing as a coach.

You are talking about Scott rgiht since this is on the Football board?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic