Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on 2017 QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Thoughts on 2017 QB

Jan 2, 2017, 11:53 PM

What are thoughts on 17 QB competition. I know it's been mentioned K Bryant is going in as lead. Is competition open to Hunter as well as Cooper? T Israel? Who else am I missing?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on 2017 QB

Jan 2, 2017, 11:56 PM

I think it's wide open. Especially if HJ is an early enrollee.

My guess is KB will begin the season but we'll see a rotation with maybe Cooper emerging as the starter.

Jan 2, 2017, 11:57 PM

Chase Brice is the only other QB that I know of.

I will be interested to see Hunter in the Army All American game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2017, 12:02 AM

Watching Sugar bowl, seeing them go from 2nd to 3rd QB. From 6'0" to 6'5". Am I the only one who thinks 5'10" may be undersized in today's game (Tucker)? Especially given the other alternatives?

Jan 2, 2017, 11:59 PM

Streeter has said going into Spring it will be wide open. Said that in interviews leading up to Fiesta Bowl.

I believe it will shake out as Cooper 1, Hunter Johnson 2, Bryant 3 (if he doesn't transfer or change position).

If Bryant moves then Tucker 3.

Chase Brice redshirt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2017, 12:11 AM

I hope it's Cooper. Just don't think Kelly has it. Too run-first from what I've seen. Wish we could find another position for him, too good of an athlete just not the QB we need.

Share your thoughts on 2017 QB

Jan 3, 2017, 8:29 AM

I like Bryant, just as I did Stoudt, but that didn't pan out either. I see Bryant beating out Johnson, Israel/Cooper and Brice (in that order), and if Bryant falters, Johnson getting PT similar to how it went with Stoudt and Watson. I, too, think someone red shirts, if not two.

What I REALLY hope for is Johnson to progress QUICKLY and win the job, as this team will go as our passing game goes, and Bryant just hasn't shown the passing skills to make passes like the TD Deshaun threw to Fuller in the Fiesta Bowl.

BTW: don't get me wrong, Fuller MADE AN AMAZING CATCH, but that's the quality receiving corps we have (I know, he's an RB...), and our QB is gonna have to get it there.....

.....once we've won the Natty, it is going to be another exciting(?) Spring Practice, summer and fall watching our Tigers working to repeat!

GO TIGERS!!!!!

#FinishThis#Beatbama

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Share your thoughts on 2017 QB

Jan 3, 2017, 10:32 AM

Something tells me you're wanting Johnson simply because he's ranked high. If I'm wrong sorry but do you know who Zerrick Cooper is? Have you seen his arm? Cooper is gonna be a very good qb as will HJ but a yr under watson redshirting and learning the system puts cooper in front imo. Spring will be a war this yr and hopefully all the fans come out.

Cooper is be our best option.

Jan 3, 2017, 11:42 AM

Some people like Hunter Johnson because he's highly rated coming out of HS, but he will be 3rd string at best next year. Bryant will likely start the season and Cooper will take over QB1 by week 4.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*will be*

Jan 3, 2017, 11:50 AM

I promise I'm not drunk. Just late for a meeting before I typed it. LOL!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: *will be*

Jan 3, 2017, 12:09 PM

There is enough time btw now and auburn for the coaches to name a starting qb. I don't want the stoudt and watson situation 2.0 and end up costing us a game or 2 before naming a "real" starter. Our defense is gonna be lights out.

It's wide open to every qb currently on the roster and wide

Jan 3, 2017, 11:43 AM

open to every qb that we have coming in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two Words....

Jan 3, 2017, 11:45 AM

Zerrick Cooper

Jan 3, 2017, 11:47 AM

From Bowl practices, ZCoop has impressed. I dont know how game ready HJohnson will be but if I had to bet on it, I would bet on Coop... though there is a lot of spring practice and fall camp to go before it is decided.

Jan 3, 2017, 12:19 PM

This is probably the 100000000000000 time I've seen this topic on a thread and once again I will say Zerrick. Cooper.

Jan 3, 2017, 12:27 PM

As the top returning QB, Bryant will start spring as the starter. I would be shocked if he held the job.

Cooper is the most likely to win the starting job. If Hunter Johnson doesn't win the job, they might redshirt him. If so, Israel has a decent chance of being the backup.

Eventually, I expect Bryant to change positions and Israel to transfer with 1-2 years of eligibility after he graduates.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic