Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts from the game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 990

Thoughts from the game

Jan 9, 2019, 9:33 AM

Got back last night and after a few cups of coffee this morning wanted to post my $0.02 from the game.

1. First off, on a personal level, this was the trip of a lifetime for me. My dad, who has never been west of Tennessee and never been on a plane, called me on Tuesday and said he wanted to go. We booked tickets, a flight and a hotel and off we went. My wife and I are expecting our first in April, but outside of that I don’t know of many experiences I will cherish more than this one.

2. The Bama fans we encountered were very subdued prior to the game. And not in a “we’ve been here before” way. I think, given their performances against UGA and OU, they had it in the back of their minds a loss, and potentially a big one was a possibility.

3. Having said that, I think this loss was stunning to them. Anytime Bama loses it is somewhat of a surprise, but this was an epic beatdown of a top-notch Tide team. I know they lost to Louisiana-Monroe in Saban’s first year but that wasn’t a championship level team. This was, and we smoked them.

4. I thought Levi’s Stadium and the surrounding areas were very nice and easy to get to. We stayed in the Fisherman’s Wharf area of San Fran and it was an easy hour or so drive to the stadium. Parking was nearby albeit expensive, but I’ve been to many stadiums in worse areas than this.

5. On that note....call me old-fashioned, but if a team is called the San Francisco 49ers....shouldn’t they play in...San Francisco?? The stadium is an hour away from downtown San Fran and at least 2 towns over. Weird.

6. Last note...as we were boarding the plane to leave, a random Tide fan was in line in front of us. This was about 9AM and he was probably in his 50s, so this wasn’t a still-drunk student. He announced to no one in particular, “reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated. We will be back.” There were a few Bama fans nearby but they weren’t paying him any attention. The whole thing almost seemed sad.

All in all, what a great 48 hours with my dad. And, as Dabo says, the best is yet to come!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts from the game

Jan 9, 2019, 10:03 AM

Thank you for your recap of your trip.

Congratulations on your first child on the way!

I think the Bama fan is right. I don't buy that Clemson dominating Bama means that there is something wrong with Bama. It means that there is something very right with Clemson. Losing to this Clemson team doesn't mean Bama is falling as a program. It means they are second place and Clemson has passed them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 990
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic