Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts concerning Dabos Press Conference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Thoughts concerning Dabos Press Conference

Nov 27, 2018, 12:03 PM

Anyone listen to the press conference and care to express an opinion. Did he try to walk back his reaction to felt like a loss comment and place context around NC coaching comments. So ridiculous how this spun out of control or is there something not being shared? Did a power broker make the ridiculous comment. For me who was not all in with Dabo in the beginning but is now we need to be very happy with our program, our record, this teams 12-0 and 5-0 accomplishment and optimistic about Pitt and onward. Frankly did not feel program in South Carolina could be built to compete at this level. So proud of the Tigers, Dabo, AD and support of the administration. If anybody should be questioned its how quite the stands got as the game grew tighter but never out of control. I remain a Frank Howard fan that believes we expect 110% or keep your hands off the rock and feet off the field. True Clemson fans celebrate effort as well as results and are happy with wins and supportive in times of loss. We have a big opportunity and road ahead so don't move the cheese or disrupt the focus. 1 game at a time. Keep your eye on the prize of winning.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Re: Thoughts concerning Dabos Press Conference

Nov 27, 2018, 12:20 PM

I listened.

He did seem to walk it back a bit by saying fans can have their own opinions, but he doesn't want the mentality of a win is not enough creeping into his program. He elaborated for a long time about the goals and how win the national championship was never an expressed goal and how hard it is to win. Says he would like to win 15 championships in a row but he knows how hard it is and he is not a failure if he doesn't succeed. He seemed in a happier demeanor which was a relief to see.

He also said 98% of the fans are awesome. It just a few outliers that cause the issues.

The discussion got brought up when he was discussing Fedora. Dabo said 3 years ago NC played us down to the wire and we were happy to get the win. Now just 3 years later Fedora is out... fickle business.

So I feel a little better I guess... I understand how he doesn't want a bad mentality creeping into the culture, but I always felt fans were at the heart of the culture... the fans showing up to welcome the team back win or lose, the fans hanging over the overpass to wish the team good luck, the fans showing up in droves to games and giving time and money as support, and the fans in the stands rain or shine.

Now it kind of feels like 98%er fans are getting lumped in with the negative nellies and are not seen as helpful to his team :( It kind of makes me sad.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 2.5 minute audio.

Nov 27, 2018, 12:55 PM

https://twitter.com/sportstalksc/status/1067471071547465728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1067471207925190657&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fclemson-football

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic