Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts and ramblings from the game last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,089

Thoughts and ramblings from the game last night

Feb 26, 2014, 8:41 AM

- Last night was my first visit to Joel Coliseum. Easy to get into -- and out of -- the parking lot...parked practically at the front door.

- Where do all the WF students eat? I know the coliseum isn't on campus but geez we drove all around that area looking for restaurants. Finally settled on a Wendy's (if that counts as an actual restuarant)

- Attendance was listed at over 8,000 but there was no where near that many people in the building. Upper decks and end zones were about empty (except for Wake pep band). Maybe 3-4k there I'm guessing.

- What was up with KJ? Was he sick or something (I'm sirius). They could have built an addition onto Joel Coliseum with all those bricks he was throwing up. On one of his last two free throws (which would have tied the game), it looked like he was leaning to the side when he shot, and then -- airball. I really think he was ill or something.

- Demarcus almost single-handedly kept us in the game.

- WF had more free throws than we did, but (from my vantage point) I didn't notice that many bad calls.

- WF had waaaaay too many dunks (right in front of us) in the first half.

- Tough loss, but we need to come back strong against the Twerps -- can't loose the last regular season ACC game ever against them ya know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Thoughts and ramblings from the game last night

Feb 26, 2014, 8:47 AM

Looked like KJ hurt his arm at some point. Saw him flexing and wincing on tv.

Youre right about Harrison.

I wondered how many times Blossomgame ould get back door cut before he'd catch on. He never did the must have burned him the same way 5-6 times at least

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought the same thing when we went up a few years

Feb 26, 2014, 8:47 AM

ago, think we ate at a fast food place also right near the coliseum. Maybe they eat at places in the dt area then go to the game? Although on tv it looked like there were only about 50 students that showed for it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

You're right, there didn't seem to be many students there...

Feb 26, 2014, 8:49 AM

maybe they had an engineering exam?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or those free bumble bee t-shirts scared them off***

Feb 26, 2014, 9:21 AM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Feb 26, 2014, 8:51 AM

We looked a step slow especially in the second half. The quick turn around and on the road at that didn't help us.
If KJ had played anywhere close to his normal game, we would have won. Rod Hall kept us in the first half and Harrison kept us in the second half. Nice to see some help from them as of late.

We made our best run in the first half after KJ

Feb 26, 2014, 8:53 AM

sat down after getting his 2nd foul. Seemed to play worse when he was in the game. Oh well, hopefully he'll be back to normal against UMd.

Feb 26, 2014, 8:54 AM

Good analysis. Tough loss but we just had too much go wrong for us. Should have been an easy win. Oh well. Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2014, 9:00 AM

Some guys have a knack for making off balance shots. Even though his shooting has improved greatly since his freshman year, KJ doesn't have that ability. When his balance is good, he shoots well. Last night his balance was a little bit off, and so were his shots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought Djambo showed more confidence and aggressiveness

Feb 26, 2014, 9:05 AM

last night even though his stats don't really show it. Seemed to play a little "bigger" than he has been.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2014, 9:29 AM

I live in Winston and also went to the game. Wow! The student section was nonexistent. Only the band was there. The campus and coliseum are divided by a really busy 4 lane road and is not really walkable. As for food, there's Putters at the coliseum. Students go downtown. University Parkway doesn't represent Winston well and that's usually what most people see when they go to WFU games.

Feb 26, 2014, 10:28 AM

Due to midterms I'm sure

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL: DR***

Feb 26, 2014, 11:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,089
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic