Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thought: I think the 56-7 drubbing has been Coots primary catalyst for improvement this year..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,323

Thought: I think the 56-7 drubbing has been Coots primary catalyst for improvement this year..

Nov 25, 2017, 8:25 AM

and tonight they put it to a test to see where they really are. Should be interesting and i believe they will be disappointed imho.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Improvement ?

Nov 25, 2017, 8:28 AM

You on the Rum already ? Improvement is relative to how bad the SECleast sucks this year. Tonight is gonna be as ugly as UGA thinking they could hang with Auburn.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Improvement ?

Nov 25, 2017, 8:30 AM

Don't worry LBB, the Tigers will leave little doubt about the coots. Keep trying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots primary catalyst for improvement

Nov 25, 2017, 8:30 AM

Weak scedule that will change tonight.

^Bingo^***

Nov 25, 2017, 8:59 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their "improvement" has been a bit deceptive.

Nov 25, 2017, 8:44 AM

Their 3-9 team was 85th in S&P+ with a margin of -3.1 (meaning they were 3.1 points per game worse than a dead average team).

Their 6-7 team last year was 79th with a -3.6 margin. They won 3 more games, but they were only 6 spots better and their team actually performed a little worse when compared to an average FBS team. There was no improvement in the Gamecock football team, only regression from the other teams around them in their league that allowed them to win more games.

This year their vast improvement has landed them at 63rd in the S&P+ with a margin of 1.8. Congratulations Coots, for the first time in 3 years you are actually slightly better than the average FBS team! They are the lowest rated 8-win team in all of FBS (G5 schools included), 4 spots behind 8-3 Army and fourteen spots behind 8-3 Northwestern, the 3rd worst 8-win team in the country.

Also, if you look at second order wins - which tries to measure how many games a team SHOULD have won based on their game stats, there hasn't been a great deal of change for the Coots in the last 3 years.

2015 - 4.6 (1.6 games better than they actually finished)
2016 - 5.3
2017 - 6.5

There's some steady progress there, but nothing like going from 3 to 6 to 8 wins would suggest. Muschamp is certainly not a magician.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,323
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic