Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Though I'd be happy with a Monte Lee hire I have to admit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Though I'd be happy with a Monte Lee hire I have to admit

Jun 15, 2015, 4:31 PM

I'm a bit surprised we can't do better. I mean lord, the coots can bring in a HoF coach to their mediocre football program but we can't draw one thats even been out of the Super Regionals to one of the top 10 winningest programs in College Baseball History? No doubt every good coach has to start somewhere (much like Dabo did) but I'm not big on gambles. Not when you can have a guaranteed win.

Of course, Vandy and Florida hired assistants so maybe college baseball is a different beast.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Though I'd be happy with a Monte Lee hire I have to admit

Jun 15, 2015, 4:40 PM

Pat Murphy is still available. Better interview him before the Padre's snap him up. ;)

I honestly think he would do well here...

Jun 15, 2015, 4:46 PM

He has done pretty well at CofC the last few years and lost two 1-0 games that would have sent them to the CWS not long ago (last year I believe)...either way he will have more support, better facilities and everything here to recruit top level talent...I mean h3ll he got some pretty good athletes to CofC...with him and Lecroy I believe we would be hosting a regional by year 3. His teams just seem like they play hard and are fundamentally sound much of the opposite we have seen from our program the last few years. Also We have all of these kids getting drafted but have terrible season...so that tells me we are doing less with more. On the other hand CofC is getting to regionals and winning 40 games a year and they don't have near the players we have so he is obviously doing very well with less....which he will get some talented players in here and I think would be a very solid coach for us.

Any coach that you hire is a gamble. There is no such thing

Jun 15, 2015, 4:51 PM

as a guaranteed win.

Just because a coach has been successful at one place doesn't mean he'll be successful at another. You do understand how many Hall of Fame coaches Carolina had to hire before they had a lick of success don't you?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the good thing is he's not a HOF coach so it'll be easier to

Jun 15, 2015, 4:53 PM

fire him in a few yrs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the good thing is he's not a HOF coach so it'll be easier to

Jun 15, 2015, 6:24 PM

I don't know about that. How many more hits of negative front page ads will our programs reputation be able to withstand from the new Gen coach attachment fans that will blast their own for wanting better than what we were receiving.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCAR has brought in, and ruined, many HOF coaches !***

Jun 15, 2015, 5:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very true but no doubt Spurrier is the exception***

Jun 15, 2015, 5:41 PM

Jun 15, 2015, 5:03 PM

So how many of u know more about baseball than Lee. Sounds like alot of people do.

A little testy there...Just saying their are more qualified candidates***

Jun 15, 2015, 5:45 PM

there******

Jun 15, 2015, 5:47 PM

Re: A little testy there...Just saying their are more qualified candidates***

Jun 15, 2015, 5:48 PM [ in reply to A little testy there...Just saying their are more qualified candidates*** ]

Did not realize Tanner was a Hall of Fame coach when the coots hired him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you read the post?***

Jun 15, 2015, 5:50 PM

Re: A little testy there...Just saying their are more qualified candidates***

Jun 15, 2015, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: A little testy there...Just saying their are more qualified candidates*** ]

My mistake. He was referring to Spurrier. They can keep that HOF coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2015, 6:13 PM

It's all about money Money MONEY M O N E Y! ! ! !

Jun 15, 2015, 6:27 PM

It is all about money. We are so cheap at Clemson that we hire you cheap then eventually pay you. Hell we got DABO on a steal because we couldn't afford anyone else but now we pay coordinators 800,000 to a million in football. Course thats football everyone else we let leave because we don't want to pay them more to keep them or to bring them in.

Jun 15, 2015, 7:17 PM

What had Leggett done when he got the job?

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic