Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those that think Dabo overreacted to the punter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Those that think Dabo overreacted to the punter

Dec 7, 2015, 12:47 PM

A play like that would have cost almost any other Clemson team the game(especially post Ford/pre Dabo teams). We normally fold at that point. Huge momentum switch and the other team jumps all over us. Im talking average middle of the road teams much less a Top 10 team! Not enough is being said about the heart and fight of this team. These guys bring their guts every single game. Ive never seen a Clemson respond like these guys do and a lot of that credit goes to Dabo and DW4. Every single one of us, including Dabo, knew that play could have and normally would have cost us the ACC Championship game and the playoffs. Dabo knows what hes doing and how to handle these kids... please see our response to the monumental momentum switch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's okay... Put the team's whole season at risk. Skip it.***

Dec 7, 2015, 12:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its the punter. The majority of people without a dog in the fight thinks Dabo was wrong.

Dec 7, 2015, 12:54 PM

I'm glad Dabo is out coach, but that doesn't mean I agree with him chewing out the punter. Who did he rip into on the kickoffs we allowed for touchdowns?

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Re: its the punter. The majority of people without a dog in the fight thinks Dabo was wrong.

Dec 7, 2015, 12:55 PM

There's a difference between blowing an assignment and taking the game into your own hands.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

i don't think he decided to be a hero. It was probably a lack of communication.

Dec 7, 2015, 12:57 PM

i have low expectations for our special teams when we are near last in every category. That's what makes me to believe someone thought of the dumb idea of a fake.

If someone thought of it, why were there no receivers for a

Dec 7, 2015, 1:00 PM

pass? Even if he completed a pass it would have been called back due to ineligible receivers downfield.

Poor comparison. That's more of a team thing. This is one

Dec 7, 2015, 12:55 PM [ in reply to its the punter. The majority of people without a dog in the fight thinks Dabo was wrong. ]

guy calling his own number. If he felt the kick was going to be blocked, he had room on the weak side to get off at least a pooch kick.

a right footed kicker is going to punt while running to his left?

Dec 7, 2015, 12:59 PM

The told him to do a rugby punt and he thought it was going to be blocked so he tucked and ran. It's the teams fault that 6 unc guys were in position for a block. And there is no roughing the kicker on a rugby kick.

He has 1 job. Kick the ball. He decided not to and put

Dec 7, 2015, 1:04 PM [ in reply to its the punter. The majority of people without a dog in the fight thinks Dabo was wrong. ]

THE TEAM and SEASON on the line. Are you kidding me?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

so many things put the game on the line. People just come down harder on a kicker.

Dec 7, 2015, 1:09 PM

What if we hadn't dropped all the third down passes? There's is always what ifs. As that idiot at notre dame about ifs lol.

Dude please stop. The receivers didn't intentionally drop

Dec 7, 2015, 1:14 PM

the third down passes. The fake punt wasn't an accident. It was willfully disobeying a coach's instructions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

has dabo said that he decided to do a rouge fake punt?

Dec 7, 2015, 1:15 PM

I can't imagine a kicker deciding to be the hero.

You don't have to imagine... You witnessed it.***

Dec 7, 2015, 1:21 PM

Re: has dabo said that he decided to do a rouge fake punt?***

Dec 7, 2015, 1:21 PM [ in reply to has dabo said that he decided to do a rouge fake punt? ]

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Exactly, THE PUNTER

Dec 7, 2015, 1:11 PM [ in reply to its the punter. The majority of people without a dog in the fight thinks Dabo was wrong. ]

He has 1 job and could have cost the entire team. If DW4 throws an int or Gallmam fumbles... they dont get the same chewing bc of their contribution to our success... but the punter? The punter!

Re: Those that think Dabo overreacted to the punter

Dec 7, 2015, 12:55 PM

I missed a block on an extra point and it got blocked and I got blasted like that ,.,but I knew
I was wrong and if I had blocked like I was coached it would not have happened ,.,

It never happened again ., Some learn the hard way ,., Coaches Coach it happens .,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 1:01 PM

After re-watching the video, Dabo is within his duties as coach and molder of men to "coach" a player up after a huge mistake BUT in this silly Politically Correct society in which we live, placing hands in anger on another human being is seen as wrong. Since he's winning, nothing more will probably be said but he needs to understand that now the world is watching him and accusing him(wrongly) as being like Muschamp. Perceptions matter, remember it's easier to curse through a smile than to take the heat of this sort of publicity. Just my thoughts.

Dec 7, 2015, 1:02 PM

And couple plays later he made a good punt & Dabo was 1st on sideline to pat him on his back & he smiled at Dabo. Dabo is the best coach around & sometimes only way to get message across to a player is let him know you are not happy with what they did.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic