»
Topic: This year’s team isn’t as good as the ‘18
Replies: 14   Last Post: Sep 29, 2019 5:25 PM by: 76er®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 14  

This year’s team isn’t as good as the ‘18

[1]
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 1:57 PM

Champs were. Pretty obvious at this point as we watch offensive talent squandered. But there’s a whole lot of year left and I’m hopeful we will get better and maybe approach last years finish. Go Tigers. Beat FSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: This year’s team isn’t as good as the ‘18

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 2:13 PM

That tends to happen when you lose 3 starters to the first round of the draft and a handful of others in later rounds and unsigned’s. Coaches have been saying all through summer camp that this was a young team and we weren’t where we need to be yet but apparently many were disregarding their words.

[3]
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 2:21 PM

Yeah. I think (at least for me) I expected a bit of a drop off defensively due to talent loss. But I thought offense would more than make up for it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I definitely agree with that

[1]
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 2:27 PM

Unfortunately it hasn’t been shaping up that way the entire off-season. I think BV is just proving how great he is with taking what he’s given. Also a lot of those guys on defense got a fair amount of snaps last year, thanks to Dabo’s philosophy of playing a lot of people even if it doesn’t show up as well on the scoreboard.

[2]
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 2:55 PM

Add in Mr. clutch..third and renfrow! Missing that safety blanket underneath and in the middle.

[1]
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 5:21 PM

Yea but coaches were saying this was going to be one of our best offensive lines. They have not shown that to me and all of yesterday’s penalties were horrible.

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 5:22 PM

The offense is littered with talent and it’s being squandered

Well '18 squad was Best Ever - right?***

[2]
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 2:37 PM

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 2:51 PM

Just saw that the ‘18 team was ranked as the number 5 ALL-Time team in history.

So this team isn’t as good as that team?

What’s the point?

Sheeeesh. Relax and enjoy

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 2:56 PM

But this is the team we have to work with so lets see how things shake out.

Our 2016 team struggled

[2]
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 3:00 PM

Lost to Pitt, should have lost to ncst, we only beat Troy by a TD i think. FSU, Auburn and VT were all close games that year as well but we ended up winning the national championship. Plenty of time to improve

Re: Our 2016 team struggled

[1]
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 3:02 PM

And if you remember, DW struggled early in the season like TL is now. It wasnt until the Louisville game i believe that DW started playing like DW.

[1]
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 3:01 PM

Right. Last year's team was the best and most talented Clemson team of all time. CW42, CF99, the Power Rangers and KJ34 provided tremendous senior leadership that does not exist on this team -- at least not yet. Hopefully, Trevor Lawrence, Isaiah Simmons and this year's seniors can make some moves these next two weeks to step up player leadership.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 5:14 PM

Comparing this team after just 5 games to last year's finished product national champions is a dumb waste of time.

Yet. 2018 team wasn't exactly world beaters after five games

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 5:25 PM

either. Keep the unbeaten streak alive, continue to improve, and grow into what THIS year's team can be. 2018's team can't win a single game this year.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 14  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Fiesta Bowl
FOR SALE: Selling 2 tickets in 101 for $525 total. Message or email if you are interested.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1202 people have read this post