Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame scheduling 13th game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Notre Dame scheduling 13th game

Jan 7, 2019, 3:37 PM

What do y'all think about Swarbrick's offer to schedule a 13th game so ND can have a 13th data point and be on par with the other playoff contenders.

I say BS! Why make ANOTHER concession to Notre Dame to justify their inclusion in the CFP? Join a conference or lack the 13th data point. Your schedule is already weak enough. Who would you add?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So every year some team has to play more games than anyone

Jan 7, 2019, 3:39 PM

not in a CCG? Seems like it would be hard to know who would be available that's better than a bottom feeder

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson

They talked about BYU (also independent) as an annual

Jan 7, 2019, 3:41 PM

opponent on Championship Saturday

Re: They talked about BYU (also independent) as an annual

Jan 7, 2019, 3:44 PM

Trying to leverage more money from NBC.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame scheduling 13th game

Jan 7, 2019, 3:43 PM

Just have an at large bowl game championship weekend for the top two teams not playing in a conference championship.

Wouldn't suprise me if Swoffie gives them an in to the

Jan 7, 2019, 3:45 PM

ACC Championship Game without full membership, He has given them everything else they want.

Join a conference.........

Jan 7, 2019, 3:47 PM

nm

Re: Join a conference.........

Jan 7, 2019, 4:07 PM

Yep...it's that simple. Swarbrick's offer is a joke and simply reinforces ND's self-perception of grandeur. They don't deserve any special dispensation whatsoever. They're either a P5 member playing by the same rules as everyone else...or they aren't. There's no gray.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But they are playing by the same rules

Jan 7, 2019, 4:09 PM

It would seem what you want is not for them to play by the same rules as they are now, but rather for the rules to be changed to require conference membership.

Quite a difference there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This year their schedule wasn't great

Jan 7, 2019, 4:08 PM

But to be fair they can't help it that FSU and VT had nearly historic bad seasons, and that USC wasn't amazing. Stanford is also historically a pretty decent team. Problem is all of them had underperforming seasons in the same year. They did also play a strong Michigan team.

I'm not sure that scheduling those 5 teams in a year and finding out that 4 of them underperformed (and also playing and beating the team we did in our conference championship) is really their fault.

I'm all for the ACC trying to force their hand (all-in or all-out), but I don't really think them not being in a conference made their schedule significantly easier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not about the schedule, per se,

Jan 7, 2019, 4:12 PM

But the 13th game being something of a CFP elimination game for the conference championship game participants. Notre Dame won over 'idle', while other teams put their entry on the line by playing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And against teams with pulses, not BYU or Hawaii***

Jan 7, 2019, 4:14 PM

I get your point

Jan 7, 2019, 4:21 PM

But I just don't think the order of the games really matter, and had they added one of the lesser teams (the BYU/Hawaii team from your post) then it's the same as any number of P5 conference teams who played a number of lesser opponents during the season.

I understand the argument

Jan 7, 2019, 4:19 PM [ in reply to It's not about the schedule, per se, ]

And I think it'd hold a bit more water if ND didn't beat the same team we beat to win the ACC earlier in the season.

If they had played 1 more scrub and that game against Pitt just happened to be the last game they played I don't think it'd have changed my perception of the team or it's schedule.

I don't think an extra week off really makes a huge difference when you are talking about the difference between 4 and 5 weeks.

But I do understand your point.

When will the NCAA & the conferences going to stop pandering

Jan 7, 2019, 4:23 PM

to Notre Dame? If they want a 13th game, get ALL IN with the ACC! Then, if they win their division, they will get a 13th game, just like anyone else who wins their division!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 4:46 PM

I really am so sick of Notre Dame! They’re like the Clintons ,they get away with everything ,they don’t have to conform to anything and they ‘re never penalized! I wish the ACC had never considered them and frankly somebody needs to stand up to them and say join a conference or be penalized not having a 13th game.After all Jesus is for everybody!

Jan 7, 2019, 4:48 PM

I really am so sick of Notre Dame! They’re like the Clintons ,they get away with everything ,they don’t have to conform to anything and they ‘re never penalized! I wish the ACC had never considered them and frankly somebody needs to stand up to them and say join a conference or be penalized not having a 13th game.After all Jesus is for everybody!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic