Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This whole flood and praying confuses me.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

This whole flood and praying confuses me.

Oct 6, 2015, 10:39 PM

People pray for rain, now they pray it stops. Now they pray that God protects their family and friends from the rain God caused?

Did the devil somehow cause rain? I don't get how the praying folks wouldn't pray God staps being a d!ck and make it stop raining and flooding.

Is God the ultimate politician where he can be the only one that can cause the problem, but simultaneously be the only one to fix it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Please God, protect us..."

Oct 7, 2015, 12:29 AM

"... from the natural disaster that you could have just not sent to being with."

God: "Hark! I have heard your prayers. I have destroyed your home and cars, but here is a raft upon which you and your family can float."

People: "God is good!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You talk like one who's never met Him.***

Oct 7, 2015, 7:30 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one has, and no one ever will.

Oct 7, 2015, 8:32 AM

Fairy tales are for children and the weak minded.

OK***

Oct 7, 2015, 8:45 AM

Re: You talk like one who's never met Him.***

Oct 7, 2015, 8:39 AM [ in reply to You talk like one who's never met Him.*** ]

You have actually seen, heard, smelled, touched (and not to be silly) but tasted God?

If he tried my BBQ, he would have tasted God.

Oct 7, 2015, 8:42 AM

Boom.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Point*

Oct 7, 2015, 8:47 AM

+ 1

I hope one day to have that opportunity.***

Oct 7, 2015, 8:59 AM [ in reply to If he tried my BBQ, he would have tasted God. ]

Yes, every day.***

Oct 7, 2015, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: You talk like one who's never met Him.*** ]

Re: Yes, every day.***

Oct 7, 2015, 8:47 AM

Is it one of those things where he's only visible when you are looking but if you try to show someone else he goes invisible?

Only those who want to see and hear him do.***

Oct 7, 2015, 8:48 AM

Re: Only those who want to see and hear him do.***

Oct 7, 2015, 8:49 AM

So... yes.

It's not that he goes invisible...

Oct 7, 2015, 8:51 AM

Have you ever tried to show someone something who was doing this?

To my shame, I still spend more of my time like that...

Oct 19, 2024, 4:26 PM

than I do looking and listening.

Re: It's not that he goes invisible...

Oct 7, 2015, 8:54 AM [ in reply to It's not that he goes invisible... ]

I'm all ears buddy, what am I missing?

Is there anything other than "just believing"?

Nope.***

Oct 7, 2015, 8:55 AM

Re: Nope.***

Oct 7, 2015, 8:57 AM

Can I just believe in Thor?

Yes.***

Oct 7, 2015, 8:57 AM

Re: Yes.***

Oct 7, 2015, 9:03 AM

Well there is no logical reason to believe in Thor, or any other supernatural being, so I don't.

I'm sure if there is a god, and he wants me to know him then he would let me know. Furthermore, he wouldn't build a world that looks exactly like it was created naturally with no indication of supernatural origin.

At some point, if He hasn't already...

Oct 7, 2015, 9:05 AM

He will knock on your heart's door. It is not possible for you to believe Him until He does. Maybe He already has...thankfully, most of us get many chances. You will either say yes or no, and so it will be until the next time He knocks.

Re: At some point, if He hasn't already...

Oct 7, 2015, 9:16 AM

So according to this map, jesus statistically knocks at some places more than others... if I look closely at the map, it almost seems as if you religion has nothing to do with it's validity but more to do with where you are born...

You say jesus knocks, Buddhist say something else and muslims say yet another thing. But your particular sect of your particular religion is probably right huh?

I guess jesus just doesn't care about china or north africa or even a lot of the "catholics" who according to you aren't christians. Seems like a lot of people have to burn in hell for something that is extremely vague and has no evidence. I'm not sure why so many people believe this crap.

If there is a god and he wants everyone to know him, it would be pretty simple to do so.

And you wonder why you can't see Him.***

Oct 7, 2015, 9:22 AM

Re: And you wonder why you can't see Him.***

Oct 7, 2015, 9:30 AM

Prodigal, honestly you are either really dense or just an ###. You are making an extraordinary claim and yet you can provide zero evidence.

If there really was a devine creator you would think it would be exceedingly obvious. But it's not. We see stars and planets being created around us all the time, we know how that process works and it takes more than 6 days. We also have a clear record of our natural origins in the fossil and dna records.

So either here is no devine creator or he make it look like there isn't one. I think that you don't know anything more than anyone else regarding the supernatural. I think you've been fed some bs by either your parents or some other religious nuts. I had the same thing happen to me, I know exactly how powerful that can be.

Re: And you wonder why you can't see Him.***

Oct 7, 2015, 9:39 AM

darealmvp: Prod already said that you can believe in Thor. He all but explained that this is simply a choice you can make. He has made the choice. He knows it doesn't make sense. What more do you want?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I would prefer dense, I guess.***

Oct 7, 2015, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: And you wonder why you can't see Him.*** ]

I hear you knocking but I don't believe you and I'm going to

Oct 7, 2015, 12:12 PM [ in reply to At some point, if He hasn't already... ]

leave you now. Those folks in Nashville are pretty good.

Go all Tigers, don't knock your fellow man, be nice.

You talk like one who becomes smug for no good reason.***

Oct 7, 2015, 9:32 PM [ in reply to You talk like one who's never met Him.*** ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The prayer is probably more in lines with this...

Oct 7, 2015, 8:07 AM

Lord, have mercy on us, a foolish people. We have turned our hearts against you in every way, and have denied you before all to see. We have kept our hands busy with the work of our own desires; we have secured the lusts of our hearts and of our flesh despite your warnings against such ways. You are our creator; our Father, though we have not honored you with words or in deeds. Forgive us and relent from your anger so that our lives will be spared; so that a time of repentance is permitted to all. Grant us this mercy, and not only for ourselves, but also for those who still stand in defiance to You. You are our hope and our strength. Have mercy and let your peace fill us anew. Set now for us a day of mercy, we ask, that we may once again be the people you call us to be. And strengthen us to be neighbors to one another in this time of need, as you have taught us. Strengthen us to your glory and let the praise of your grace resound in our hearts and in the land as we look to the work that is at hand. We thank You, and praise You, for the strength and the healing You will provide. Amen

For those that are praying, that is.

Message was edited by: HuntClub®

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Ah... so was all the rain a punishment?

Oct 7, 2015, 8:41 AM

Maybe you can get God to explain why this sweet young lady perished the way she did in the floods. Help me understand that punishment.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2015/10/05/jl-mann-graduate-died-columbia-flood-alexandria-holmes/73376490/

She died as a warning to Huntclub to stop sinning

Oct 7, 2015, 8:49 AM

whatever that is.

So you think he's angry and this was punishment?***

Oct 7, 2015, 8:41 AM [ in reply to The prayer is probably more in lines with this... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope, for your sake, that you are not serious.

Oct 7, 2015, 10:20 AM

NM

Your confusion is in conflict with the Good Book.

Oct 7, 2015, 10:22 AM

The Earth is going to be destroyed by fire. We must blame the God of rain for this past week. At least we don't have to start all over again like Noah. The God of environmental management isn't lily white either.

Go all Tigers, place blame where it rightly belongs.

Science and the Good Book agree on the Earth's Destruction

Oct 7, 2015, 11:44 AM

by fire, only science calls it a supernova. End result is the same.

There is a lot of sense in the Good Book and even more in

Oct 7, 2015, 12:08 PM

Science. It is only when they are used incorrectly by unscrupulous religious fanatics and fake scientists. Unfortunately, we have a pot full of both in our great country.

Go all Tigers, be true to yourselves.

Only stupid people pray for the weather.

Oct 7, 2015, 9:42 PM

There are plenty of brilliant religious people. But only an idiot thinks that begging God to do something that THEY think is good, whenever they say they believe that God knows better than humans, amounts to anything.

Asking God to cure Cancer is an exercise in futility. If there is a God then He or She has made it pretty clear that it doesn't work.

A lot of religious people like to personalize their idea of God. They are not aware that their whole concept of God is nothing more than an imaginary justification of all their bias and ignorance. They like to think of God as having some of the same parochial preferences they have. Like the silly scene from Talladega Nights. People sense a higher power, but most eff it up by convincing themselves that God is their personal ego prop.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best answer so far.***

Oct 8, 2015, 7:53 AM

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic