Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This week may be the only time in my lifetime that I cheer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,490

This week may be the only time in my lifetime that I cheer

Nov 8, 2018, 9:56 AM

for fsu to win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This week may be the only time in my lifetime that I cheer

Nov 8, 2018, 9:58 AM

Which team would you like to play in the first game of the playoffs assuming Clemson makes it?

Of the teams I have seen, I think Notre Dame is most lacking on both sides of the ball than any other team in contention. The rest of the possible teams either have a strong defense or strong offense or in the case of UGA a little better on both sides than Notre Dame.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't seen ND play this year but I always dislike them

Nov 8, 2018, 10:05 AM

and don't think that they should make the cfp since they don't have to play in a champ game. To answer your question, I would say uga. Although they have done a good job on the ground, their run game is down this year compared to what they normally have and their quarterback has not impressed at all. Outside of Hardman, their really isn't any scary wr targets. They have a decent te but not exactly what I'd call a weapon.

Re: I haven't seen ND play this year but I always dislike them

Nov 8, 2018, 10:33 AM

I can see that. I feel the next least dangerous team would be Michigan simply for the fact that it doesn't really matter how strong their defense is, if we can keep them from scoring it's hard for them to win. The thing I would worry about if we had to play Michigan would be recovering for another big game after playing their physical style of play for such a big game the week before.

I think recovery is a huge aspect of performing well in the championship game and why I think Bama had a slow first half last year after playing us.

True, but if we get a big lead then we can rest our starters***

Nov 8, 2018, 10:34 AM

Re: I haven't seen ND play this year but I always dislike them

Nov 8, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to I haven't seen ND play this year but I always dislike them ]

in my younger,more foolhardy days i was a ND fan,but as i've matured(disputed by my wife),i came to despise them,because of the favoritism they have received.we get penalized for giving a hat or a ride to a recruit years ago-unfair advantages,but it was ok for ND to sign a contract with nbc to televise virtually all of their games.unheard of back in the day.it's all about $$$$,and ND is a big draw,so i have done a 180 and am now a hater.hope we kick their ### each and every time we play them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I want OhSt to make it in to the #3 and Clemson be #2.

Nov 8, 2018, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: This week may be the only time in my lifetime that I cheer ]

Not that I want to necessarily see another Clemson-OhSt match up, but we would make 31-0 look respectable against this year's Buckeyes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 8, 2018, 10:38 AM

No, do not want 2 $ec teams again. But don't really care who we play

Nov 8, 2018, 11:32 AM

Understood, but I will be pulling for ND. I would rather play them or Michigan in 1st round and do not want UGA to get into playoffs as I dislike them and the SEC more. Also the rating would be through the roof if we play ND.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 11:42 AM

I understand wanting ND to win out for the following reasons espoused by many:

1. Easier oppenent for Clemson in the potential 2 vs 3 matchup
2. Makes it even more unlikely two SEC teams will get in

I agree with these opinions, however I’m playing the longer game here, not just about this season. If ND loses and finishes 11-1, without the opportunity for the conference championship they are most likely not going to make the playoffs.

Meanwhile, they will have to watch other 1-loss teams like potentially Michigan (who they beat) and OU make the playoffs. Their administration and fan base will soon realize that not being in a conference hurts their aspiration to win a national championship. They can still do it, but their margin for error is razor thin. They almost have to go undefeated each year. The same is not true for P5 conference members.

So an 11-1, playoff-jilted ND pushes them closer to joining the ACC fully, which would be good for the conference.

My preference however is that Syracuse beats them and not FSU.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,490
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic