Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Recruiting, Integrity, Keeping Your Word and Ray-Ray McCloud
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: Recruiting, Integrity, Keeping Your Word and Ray-Ray McCloud

Jun 11, 2015, 2:41 PM

Recruiting, Integrity, Keeping Your Word and Ray-Ray McCloud

The process of being recruited to play for a big-time college football program can be an exciting time for a young player and his family, with college's providing the chance at a college education and maybe even the opportunity to one day play in the NFL. But there's also a dark side, something that the family of Ray-Ray McCloud witnessed firsthand. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same thing is about to happen with Rashaun Smith

Jun 11, 2015, 2:48 PM

My advice....RELAX.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: New Story: Recruiting, Integrity, Keeping Your Word and Ray-Ray McCloud

Jun 11, 2015, 2:48 PM

Great article. Really refreshing. I remember trying not to buy in on all that hype, but it was hard! Can not wait to see the man run down the hill!

Is TCI listening?***

Jun 11, 2015, 2:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

They've created their own reality, so probably not.

Jun 11, 2015, 2:57 PM

nm

Jun 11, 2015, 2:53 PM

Every young man should have a father like Mr. McCloud. If they did, this would be a better world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2015, 2:54 PM

Agree 100%

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 11, 2015, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Recruiting, Integrity, Keeping Your Word and Ray-Ray McCloud ]

I could not have said it any better. What a great gift Mr. McCloud is giving to these young men, and especially to his sons. It makes you know that Ray Ray can deal with the hype and continue to be an outstanding young man who will make his family and the Clemson family proud of him. Sure am glad he chose Clemson. Thank you Mr. McCloud. You have set a high bar for parents of gifted athletes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Recruiting, Integrity, Keeping Your Word and Ray-Ray McCloud***

Jun 11, 2015, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Recruiting, Integrity, Keeping Your Word and Ray-Ray McCloud ]

Jun 11, 2015, 2:54 PM

Integrity...

Is there a book or something on that a certain Clemson Sports website could maybe read?

Not naming any names but it starts with The and ends with Insider.

null

Jun 11, 2015, 2:55 PM

Sounds like his Dad is a great guy. I also think the organization is doing a great job of exposing these kids to the right life lessons before they even get into college.

I heard he's transferring to Flurida

Jun 11, 2015, 2:57 PM

Silent commit, for now.

after reading davidhood's article, I don't think

Jun 11, 2015, 2:59 PM

that's going to happen. Go back to fgf you coot troll you

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oh yea?

Jun 11, 2015, 4:22 PM

Well you belong on TCI! So there!

Great story

Jun 11, 2015, 3:02 PM

And testament to the relationship you built with the dad. You always had him as solid to Clemson

really nice, thanks dhood.***

Jun 11, 2015, 3:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know how we got him away

Jun 11, 2015, 3:29 PM

From all the FL schools, especially since it seems like him and his dad have a great relationship and always going on recruiting trips to the Florida schools with his dad. Really says alot about how great of a school Clemson is. I give alot of credit to our recruiting staff for getting this kid.

It may be because of all those trips to the Fla teams

Jun 11, 2015, 3:43 PM

and he didn't like what he saw out of the schools and or the coaches.

So we'll have another McCloud in the class of '23?

Jun 11, 2015, 3:34 PM

Sounded like it to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I'm think Jordan is in the '19 class. don't know where you got '23

Jun 11, 2015, 6:21 PM

Nm

Many in the media are slimy as lawyers***

Jun 11, 2015, 4:00 PM

This was great

Jun 11, 2015, 4:02 PM

I wonder if Ray Jr (Dad) will shut down communication with the media outlets that questioned his integrity? I'd be feeding their competitors as punishment for their unscrupulous behavior.

He's going be a special talent***

Jun 11, 2015, 4:13 PM

Great story ... should be the headline story in the news

Jun 11, 2015, 4:25 PM

With Fathers Day coming up and so many stories about bad or absent fathers, it is so nice to hear such a good story about a father and son. You can just read between the lines....this is a father doing it right. Kudos to Mr McCloud. So glad to have Ray-Ray and the McCloud family as part of Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats a family and man that gets it

Jun 11, 2015, 4:46 PM

Of course everytime we actually got to hear from them it was the same thing. They seem to be level headed forward thinking honest people. glad they are apart of our university.

Re:Feaster will have similar situation

Jun 11, 2015, 6:41 PM

Ray-Ray has a great support group with his family. Feaster does as well so I look at these two athletes and know that their strong family support will always be there. So will the Clemson Family!

The unwritten part of that article....

Jun 11, 2015, 6:56 PM

Read between the lines here. Mr. McCloud obviously meets a lot of coaches and athletes. Just like he says in the article about media outlets having integrity issues so to do many coaches and staffs. The FACT that Mr. McCloud and his son saw enough of Clemson and it's staff while seeing others in the fray, says something about this staff we are so lucky to have. I'm sure he sees it all and I'm sure his BS-o-meter is pretty good. He and Ray gave our staff their word...our staff gave them their word. A relationship based on the integrity of all parties. That has certainly elevated Clemson and the Football program. This type of thing is why Clemson will be successful for the duration of the Dabo administration. I'm sure this will bode well in the future when kids that Mr. McCloud deals with have questions about a certain little school in South Carolina where his son just happened to sign. Do you think he's going to say hey that Dabo guy and the coaches up at Clemson are a bunch of turds. They lied to me and my son. Nope. He may not steer them to Clemson but he just might be sitting on the bus giving them directions up I 85.

And now we know why our staff never worried a bit when Ray and Deon went to Auburn(?). With every passing day I thank Tommy Bowden for bringing in a no-name Wide Receiver coach that was in the real estate biz. The best thing Tommy did in his entire tenure! I can't say enough about Dabo!

Jun 11, 2015, 7:09 PM

Mr McCloud and I are the very same when it comes to giving your word. That tells me that his mom and dad was a lot like mine, and it was because of the times they lived in without your word being solid as a rock, you just couldn't make it during their times. My mom and dad like Mr McCloud's mom and dad raised us to know and fully understand that a man or woman was only as good as their word. If your word was solid, you were as good as your word and trusted. If a man or woman word wasn't any good, neither were they bc they couldn't ever be trusted.

My Pop used to say, "You can trust a thief, but

Jun 12, 2015, 9:50 AM

you cannot trust a liar....you KNOW a thief will steal.....it is what he does for a living. A liar? You don't know what the hell he might do." Sounds like Mr. McCloud is being a man and a father for his boys and a lot of other boys in a day and age where being talented does not mean you have good men around to guide you. I tip my hat to him because men and fathers like that.....you can never have too many of them in this world.

class" is something that the "many" trade on the currency of the "few"

Jun 12, 2015, 8:03 AM

you see it every day...

and it's generally only the "many" that don't get it.

Great story on a father-son rel'ship

Jun 12, 2015, 9:12 AM

and what the father is doing for putting God first. This said, your 18 year old is definitely not a grown man - he has much to learn and that is why he will be at Tiger Town for four years (hopefully). You can also never say "He can't come back", as sometimes circumstances dictate otherwise, as I have learned. But keep preaching the word, bro.

Jun 13, 2015, 8:21 PM

I get the feeling that with a family like that, this young man would be an incredible asset to Clemson as a student even if he never played a down of football. The fact that he is a great football player is icing on the cake.

Proud to have the McCloud family as Clemson Tigers.

Jun 13, 2015, 10:08 PM

Mr. McCloud could serve as a great example for all fathers to follow. Welcome.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic