Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This undoubtedly has to be the lowest point in the rivalry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

This undoubtedly has to be the lowest point in the rivalry

May 6, 2019, 8:49 AM

for UofSC.....i can't imagine the depths of their despair right now after 2 titles and now recruiting going nutso. They absolutely have to be wondering if they will ever see another win against the Tigers at this point. Think about if the shoe was on the other foot....it would be miserable.

Can anyone remember a time when the dirtpeckers were in a worse spot in the series?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's gotten so bad my Bamacoot little brother

May 6, 2019, 9:00 AM

won't even talk football with me anymore. He said "I've just given up." Poor guy is broken. Not much strut in his rooster these days. Hilarious at family get togethers. I tell him "Bad news bro..Clemson's gonna be good. Again." And he just walks away shaking his head.

Re: It's gotten so bad my Bamacoot little brother

May 6, 2019, 9:13 AM

I sent my coot cuz a picture of the new DOT sign and he flew off the rails....got super angry. We've had some fun bets on the game over the years but he won't touch it nowadays. He only wants to bet when the Tigers play Bama...lol.

May 6, 2019, 10:10 AM [ in reply to It's gotten so bad my Bamacoot little brother ]

Pretty much the same with my TWO coot brothers. When they had 5, they couldn't WAIT to bring it up, working it into every conversation. It killed them for us to win that that Natty with DW4.

One of them went so far as to say shortly after that signing day that Trevor Lawrence probably won't amount to anything at Clemson, and that [whoever they recruited at QB that year] was going to be the ticket to SCAR getting back on top.

In my pity for them, I just said "We'll see." and let it go. I don't even try to needle them anymore. It's like playing basketball with a 3-year-old kid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 10:30 AM

I hope it's different in that you let the three year old win. Otherwise I'm shakin' my head.

Re: This undoubtedly has to be the lowest point in the rivalry

May 6, 2019, 9:15 AM

I think that it is a little unfair... uOFsc IS the low point of the "rivalry".

Lets be honest, the coots failed to score in 7 of the first 11 meetings. They started at rock bottom and remained at rock bottom.

I always like to remind them of this meme...

http://2f13yq12csmv2yraq925m73i-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/SCar12.jpeg

I lived in Cola, a literal stone's throw away from W-B

May 6, 2019, 9:38 AM

during the 5-game losing streak, the back-to-back-to-back 11-win seasons, and their 2 Baseball Natties. It was a bleak time for Tiger fans and I couldn't imagine us turning it around this quickly and this emphatically.

So I'm really enjoying the run right now!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 9:40 AM

What rivalry???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would think the lowest point would have been right after

May 6, 2019, 9:44 AM

our game in 1999, when the reality set in that they had a perfect DEFEATED season under Lou "Slobber Slinger" Holtz.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 10:03 AM

I think the fan base is pretty demoralized but delusion hasn't disappeared completely. I heard just yesterday a podcast where the host, Keith Allsep, who refers to himself as "The #### Father," (I'm not making that up), lays out a scenario in which SC has 8 wins heading into the A&M game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 10:11 AM

First, win 8 games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: This undoubtedly has to be the lowest point in the rivalry ]

Every team on their schedule could lose their starting QB and they wouldn't have 8 wins heading into the A&M game.

I love my mother dearly

May 6, 2019, 10:09 AM

even though she has two degrees from that school in Columbia (my dad and I are Clemson alum). She used to go to most every home game, but the magic is gone and she's content to stay at home. It's actually kinda hard seeing her not have something to be passionate about anymore in Gamecock football.

That being said, I freaking love where the rivalry's at lol. I agree with you; how could they be any lower than right now? Five in a row and now they're watching us put together a legendary recruiting class. There's no end in sight for them. We're gonna be counting toes soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 10:17 AM

Clemson has no ceiling .

Coots have no floor .

One climbs the ladder of success well ahead of all others in pursuit while UofSuC slogs lost through the jungles of anonymity...seemingly forgotten .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

What you smokin mon?

May 6, 2019, 10:20 AM

Scar and clemson are even over the last 10 years.

No difference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: What you smokin mon?

May 6, 2019, 10:34 AM

Ah....a glass is half empty kinda guy.

That's ignoring a truth.

May 6, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to What you smokin mon? ]

We're on a five win streak which has no end in sight. If I didn't know better I'd think you were advocating for the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i imagine during the 7 straight losses to CU it got pretty desperate.

May 6, 2019, 1:53 PM

Here’s to hoping we shatter that streak.

Roar Tigers

May 6, 2019, 2:00 PM

The Sparky Wood Mutiny incident comes to mind. Good times!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're in a rivalry with the dirtpeckers?

May 6, 2019, 2:07 PM

Who knew....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic