Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now let's see if Rahshaun can pull Saivion with him.**
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,075

Now let's see if Rahshaun can pull Saivion with him.**

Mar 26, 2015, 7:06 PM

This is going to be another very special class.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder why Smith........

Mar 26, 2015, 7:42 PM

when asked who was on his wish list to play with him at CU said his hs teammate Felder instead of Saivion? I'm guessing he just wanted to respect his IMG's teammate decision to go to LSU and named a hs friend who had not committed yet???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder why Smith........

Mar 27, 2015, 12:20 AM

he didn't want to pull out Savion's name. Because he knows he will follow him lol JK. Just hoping.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now let's see if Rahshaun can pull Saivion with him.**

Mar 27, 2015, 12:21 AM

sounds really gay if you think about it

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2015, 12:25 AM

I talked to a buddy of mine right after the commitment and he said he hoped the same thing. I think Clemson still has a good chance of flipping Smith. With both Shaq and Chase whispering in his ear for almost a year about how awesome it would be for them to continue their careers together, it'll make him really consider it. Plus I think he pulled the trigger very fast on his commitment after the LSU visit.
Long time between now and NSD. This class will be just as special as the last.
#### It feels good to be a Tiger!

Mar 27, 2015, 2:17 PM

Highly chance to flip Saivion 'cus LSU have money issues right now...

Mar 27, 2015, 1:15 AM

These IMG kids are different cats. They pick schools on who can best put them in the NFL. They are not down there to get scholarship they are trying to be pros. Chase came to clemson because we put wr in the NFL smith went to lsu because they have a lot of high Round draft picks in the nfl. I bet IMG even has a break down they show player about which schools do which potion well

Mar 27, 2015, 1:59 AM

> This is going to be another very special class.

Dude...we had Savion.

LSU got to the dad.

This ain't peer pressure. This is...much bigger than that. Clemson - and Dabo - DO NOT play that way. They've been marketing Clemson pretty much the same way since they took over. If you're serious about your football, if you're serious about your schooling...you'll love Clemson, because there's not much else to do here. We're simple. We're uncomplicated.

If you don't (truly) love those things, you won't like Clemson. It's a very simple message, and one they've repeated - and meant - about 1,000 times since then. Sometimes it plays - with the very best, the ones who are serious about their football and their schooling and aren't interested in...other stuff, it plays.

If there's other considerations in play, it doesn't.

It really is that simple.

I would suggest we treasure Dabo while he's here, because he's made that cool, among a very significant portion of the elite. It's why everybody except John Oliver (even though I personally agree with John Oliver about the notion that elite D1 athletes are "amateurs", or even close...sorry, try telling me Deshaun Watson, Sammy Watkins, or CJ Spiller were "amateurs"), is warming to him, he means it.

I'd love to get every 5-star out there. It's never going to happen, under Dabo. He's actually about the worst possible fit for the football-factory Alabama culture...if he ever accepted the job, he'd probably feel like he just walked into a nest of snakes. He will get a big, big chunk of the serious student-athletes, which is why it's stayed so easy to love this program.

But Dabo doesn't complicate it. We will graduate you, and if you work hard and bust your tail, even if you're the lowliest walk-on...we will play you. And he's delivered.

As I said...with a lot of guys, that plays. With others...well, fill in your own blanks.

Nice post, and very true***

Mar 27, 2015, 6:33 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice post, and very true***

Mar 27, 2015, 6:46 AM

Savion is the number 1 corner in the class for sure but man looking at Kareem Felder JR's highlights, he appears to be much more physical. Kareem is a straight headhunter.

Kareem is smaller @ 5'10" 160lbs but a few years in a college weight room and he may be the better prospect.

Kareem might be a better fit on a Venables defense than Savion. Go check out his highlight reel.

Re: Nice post, and very true***

Mar 27, 2015, 7:03 AM

Savion Smith will be a Clemson Tiger if he wants that , if not we wish him luck and good health .
We all know how much he loves Clemson and it's not outside the realm of possibilities that the kid has a change of heart. CU has become a place that every elite HS football player in the USA knows about , or considers visiting . Dabo has designed this program with the goal of taking Clemson football back to national prominence ...and he has successfully done so . Future so bright , I gotta wear my scratch-resistant , polarized prescription sunglasses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

This thing with Savion Smith is not about Swinney or Clemson

Mar 27, 2015, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Now let's see if Rahshaun can pull Saivion with him.** ]

And, it is not about pressure on a recruit. It's all about teammates and friends being able to have influence on someone they care about. Our players and recruits recruit for the Tigers everyday.

A Great Example of The Themes You Touched On Is

Mar 27, 2015, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Now let's see if Rahshaun can pull Saivion with him.** ]

Clemson and FSU. The Clemson and FSU programs attract two entirely different types of individuals with different priorities.

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,075
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic