Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This season is already a huge success.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,671

This season is already a huge success.

Dec 8, 2017, 11:11 AM

If you had asked me at the beginning of this year about my expectations for this season I would have said, if we make a new years 6 bowl, I will be happy, if we can make the playoffs again I will consider it an over-successful year.

Why did I think that? We lost the best QB in Clemson history, arguably the best WR in Clemson history, one of the best RB's in the country, our best Defensive Back, one of the best Tight Ends in Clemson history and an elite, NFL quality Defensive Tackle.

Did I expect us to suck? NO. I know our program in built differently. But making it to a New Years Six bowl despite all of those monumental losses is a huge accomplishment in and of itself. Making it to the playoffs? Over-achievment.

If we lose to Bama, it will be a major disappointment, but this season would still be a major success. We have already proved we are not reliant on a few individuals. We are a powerhouse. That much has already been demonstrated.

3 straight trips to the playoffs. Currently a 3-1 record in the playoffs. 3 straight conference titles. 4 straight state championships.

I'm looking at this playoff as icing on the cake.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This season is already a huge success.

Dec 8, 2017, 11:19 AM

I had an discussion with some co-workers and asked a simple question. If we beat USuCk and Miami and lose in the 1st round would you still consider this a great year. I had nothing but praises for our team and their success. Everyone agreed they would take losing in the 1st round and wins over the last two, than to take a chance at losing one of the last two. Personally I would just hoping for a 10 win season to keep the streak going. With that being said, if we lose to bama by 21 I'll still consider this season a huge success.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

21 points? Now that's pushing it. ;)***

Dec 8, 2017, 12:27 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best is the standard! Just Keep Winning Baby!***

Dec 8, 2017, 11:29 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2017, 11:38 AM

That pretty much sums up the entire offseason discussion this year. Think most of us realistically felt 10-2 w NYD bowl was a very successful year.

I'll admit I was wrong on one count though. I was very adamant that I felt we could be right where we're at but in order to do that we'd have to play HJ at QB. I, like others who have posted have thoroughly enjoyed eating crow on that one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2017, 12:00 PM

Yep, me too. In August, I thought we may go 10-3 with no ACC champ game and a decent bowl game, maybe NYD 6 bowl. This is beyond successful to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,671
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic