Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boyd getting a small sampling of life as Peyton Manning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Mar 28, 2011, 9:58 PM

New offensive coordinator Chad Morris puts more of the responsibility of the pre-snap reads and line protection calls squarely on the shoulders of his signal callers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you love the positivity in Spring Ball?

Mar 28, 2011, 10:10 PM

Everyone's always "improving faster than expected", "healing quicker than expected", etc.

Then September comes and we still have no clue who the starting WRs should be.

I hope this year is different.

The nice thing is if you turn it over

Mar 28, 2011, 10:12 PM

your team gets the ball. a win win

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, we can just call it a dominant defense if we're awful

Mar 28, 2011, 10:17 PM

on offense during the spring game.

The D is always ahead of the O this time of year

Mar 28, 2011, 10:21 PM

Unless they're not

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Often times, recently, the D was ahead of the O***

Mar 29, 2011, 8:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Spring football ... the ultimate activity for a

Mar 29, 2011, 2:00 PM [ in reply to The nice thing is if you turn it over ]

manic-depressive

"YAY! Our defense caused a turnover!! CRAP that was on our offense"

"YAY! Our receiver was wide open! CRAP that was against our defense."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

God, I Can't Wait Either DeAndre, Don't Worry.

Mar 28, 2011, 10:15 PM

You're not alone.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boyd getting a small sampling of life as Peyton Manning

Mar 29, 2011, 8:09 AM

Great article. I how hard Boyd and it sounds like this offense will be difficult to handle once our guys get a grasp on it.

As far as the spring ball optimism, I remember teams in the past where the WR were not progressing, or the O-line was struggling. I prefer to hear good things over the bad, because when things are bad in the Spring they are usually a lot worse than they care to tell us.

null

This is profound.

Mar 29, 2011, 8:13 AM

It sounds like we may actually have a viable passing attack for the first time in years.

by "first time in years" do you mean since 2009?***

Mar 29, 2011, 8:40 AM

Re: by "first time in years" do you mean since 2009?***

Mar 29, 2011, 3:48 PM

Jacoby Ford and Spiller running wheel routes did not a passing attack make.

It was a very small and predictable playbook that worked because of exceptional talent.

Mar 29, 2011, 9:00 AM

I know one thing, I doubt there is a harder working or more dedicated QB in the country. Tajh is working his butt off.

Sounds like he's becoming a solid leader for this team

Mar 29, 2011, 11:16 AM

Great news. I can't wait to see how this translates on the field

This season, Morris said he wants his offensive linemen to

Mar 29, 2011, 9:05 AM

concentrate on getting set to block the man in front of them.

Thank goodness.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This season, Morris said he wants his offensive linemen to

Mar 29, 2011, 9:41 AM

What a novel idea. I wish we had thought of that a long time ago. I have said many times that our OL need to whip the guys in front of them, and if they do, then we will have success running the ball, and our passing game will improve, too. Not rocket science, but that is what it takes to be a good program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2011, 10:03 AM

I've always said that if our OLine could just make a hole, then even an AVERAGE RB could run for big yardage. If they can NOT, then even our great RB's can't run for big yardage. Let's hope that the OLine can make those holes PLUS protect our QB. We're a little thin at Qb right now.

Mar 29, 2011, 10:28 AM

Agreed!!! I do believe that now, since Brad Scott is gone, the OL will be better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2011, 11:29 AM

Give it a rest about Brad Scott. The difference is in the OC. This year the QB makes the call, in Napier's system the linemen did. What we have is making the assignments simpler for the O-Line which is the most complicated position on the field after the QB

Mar 29, 2011, 1:46 PM

Having been an OL, I agree that it is a very complicated job, but I certainly saw no reason over the last many years to "give it a rest" for Brad Scott. He was responsible for our OL, and it was our Achilles Heel for many years, whether you like it or not. You should see a marked improvement in our running game in the future. He was, however, a very good recruiter, but he didn't do much with them after they arrived on campus.

well, in 2006 the ground game was pretty awesome

Mar 29, 2011, 6:53 PM

until teams found out we had no real QB threat.

Re: well, in 2006 the ground game was pretty awesome

Mar 29, 2011, 11:43 PM

I look at all the struggles we had in the red zone and on 3rd and 4th and short yardage stuations, and we really struggled to get the short yards. Heck, there were many times we ran sweeps, or passed the ball to try to get a yard or two, and we constantlyhave to use an H-Back or TE to be a lead blocker, because the OL can't get it done ithout help. I think Brad Scott is a very good man,and a great recruiter, but IMHO he was a pretty poor OL coach. As I said, it is just my opinion, but I was an OL at Clemson. I guess that's why I notice it so much.

Millions of dollars and easy women? sign me up***

Mar 29, 2011, 11:22 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

I think we got us a couple of good coordinators***

Mar 29, 2011, 1:58 PM

Regarding the color coded cards...

Mar 29, 2011, 6:19 PM

What's to stop the opposing teams from figuring them out and stealing our signals? Do they change the colors from game to game? Even with that, if they can figure out our scheme they could decode the change in colors.

Was glad to hear that Tahj stayed at CU over spring break. I love the commitment.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Most teams have two guys hold cards up

Mar 29, 2011, 6:39 PM

One guy is holding the real card, the other is holding a dummy card.

Teams do the same thing with signaling plays. Sometimes two guys will signal plays, one will be the dummy signaler, the other the real signaler

(TN)-what position battle are you following the...

Mar 29, 2011, 7:42 PM

closest?

Mar 29, 2011, 8:20 PM

I have stated in previous posts that Tiger Nation is going to be impressed with Tajh Boyd and his work ethic is going to pay great dividends on the field. I am just thrilled to see that people in the media are starting to notice what I found out last year: Tajh is going to be a real super star at CU and when his career is over I think he will be a fan favorite as well and we all know what that takes:

A Championship!!!

This is a dis to Peyton Manning...***

Mar 29, 2011, 8:58 PM

"It’s like a turtle that has always walked slow, and now

Mar 30, 2011, 8:05 AM

you’re telling it that it has to run.”

I love it!

I don't want to degrade Billy Napier. Perhaps his ultra robust and complex turtle will be a great offense after he develops it for a few years, but last year the turtle was real slow and aloof.

It's shocking to think of the amount of talent that didn't get the ball.

Chad Morris, make the turtle run like it should.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic