Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need advice on Stealing Signals in football....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 51

Need advice on Stealing Signals in football....

Dec 21, 2020, 12:25 AM

Assuming it happens, which seems likely, HOW does it happen? Do you have a small unit on the sideline or up in the press box? Can anyone participate? Chickeneers over on FGF saying it's why we were able to throttle ND's O yesterday...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need advice on Stealing Signals in football....

Dec 21, 2020, 12:31 AM

FGF is wrong. Great and powerful ND said they beat us last time by huddling and running in plays so we couldnt steal. So in a few weeks they suddenly forgot this? Dont listen to those idiots would be a good start. They dont know squat about football only about delusion

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND used a wristband on QB to combat stealing signs

Dec 21, 2020, 1:19 AM

ND got their tail beat all on their own.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So?

Dec 21, 2020, 7:09 AM

As long as you're not cheating to do it, signal stealing is a time honored tradition. They're just mad they're no good at it.

Dec 21, 2020, 7:46 AM

It's actually very intricate, you'd be shocked, but I'll share all I know if you promise to keep it just between us on Tigernet. It started several years ago with Dabo building a trustful relationship with Vladimir Putin. You know, like Dabo sent him a few gallons of Clemson ice cream and some blue cheese and stuff like that. After a few shipments and gaining Vladimir's trust, Dabo shared his problem of not always knowing what play the other team was going to run. Vladimir said "no promblem, I have spy satellite tapped into every American electronic communication. I filter out whatever you need and send it back to you. Just keep ice cream and blue cheese coming and we have deal." And that's how it all got started.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:43 AM

Russian collusion!! I knew it!!!

Just stupid....

Dec 21, 2020, 8:05 AM

It is not stealing if they are giving it away. Coach V has a vision I think might make him genius.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This ridiculous accusation... yet again...

Dec 21, 2020, 9:26 AM

One would think after 10 consecutive 10 win seasons this whole "signal stealing" BS would finally die. Clemson wins because we study our opponents, have better players, with better coaches, and ultimately out execute our opponents. Simple as that.

But if you want to give the coots something to chew on how about this:

2016, USuC bought into this whole "Clemson is stealing signals" BS and had Bentley run to their sideline to get every offensive play call. Didn't matter - Clemson whipped the coots 56 to 7. In 2019 USuC went to an offensive huddle between plays; result Clemson 38 USuC 10.

The 2018 and 2020 Clemson games against Pitt... Pitt notoriously does not use sideline signals - they huddle or go off scripted plays. In 2018 Clemson beat Pitt 42 to 10, and earlier this year beat Pitt 52 to 17.

How about the 2020 game against Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech huddled their offensive play calls and the result: Clemson 45 to VT 10.

No this whole stealing signals garbage was started by some sour grapes ACC coach (I suspect Dave Doeren) in order to make themselves feel better about getting their butts routinely kicked by Clemson.

The truth is Clemson has some world class football analysts (GA's and the like) who put together film studies of our opponents that properly prepare our coaches and players for our opponents tendencies. Take the 2014 Louisville game where with 27 seconds left Louisville was trailing Clemson by 6 with a 4th and goal at our 3 yard line. The Clemson defense held Louisville out of the endzone on that 4th down play (a roll out pass) to win the game. The reason?? Brent Venables said after the game that we had studied Petrino's 2013 Western Kentucky team that ran the same exact end-of-game play the previous year against Arkansas State. Excellent film study and a coaches tendency was how we prepared our defense - not "signal stealing"...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This ridiculous accusation... yet again...

Dec 23, 2020, 7:56 AM

That's an awful spirited defense for the fact that we do, indeed, steal signals--legally and ethically.

Here's an SI article all about it

Dec 21, 2020, 9:41 AM

Should have some of the info you're looking for:

https://www.si.com/college/2020/11/06/clemson-signal-stealing-dabo-swinney-daily-cover

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And not one other team in the nation is smart enough

Dec 21, 2020, 9:49 AM

to figure out how to stop it or copy it. Clearly we are not better due to talent, we are only top 5 and can not recruit like ohio st and bama and georgia and lsu and others

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2019/2/7/18215228/college-football-recruiting-rankings-2019-class

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's an SI article all about it

Dec 23, 2020, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Here's an SI article all about it ]

Reading the arcticle, lots of speculation involved. The article describes a lot of reasons why it's so hard. Watching film to understand the plays called then figuring the signals out is meaningless unless a D1 team isn't smart enough to change signals between games. So, you have to figure out the new signals in the first part of the game which is really hard. The fact the Clemson brings so many staffers to the game is really the only evidence presented along with the allegations that we typically start slow on defense until we figure at the new play calls.

Re: Here's an SI article all about it

Dec 23, 2020, 3:53 PM

I hate to say it, but yes indeed reverse engineering opponent's signs does seem to match well with our D getting smoked early but all of a sudden stiffening up!

Dec 23, 2020, 8:29 AM

As long as their time is taken up worrying about their signals being stolen it’s an advantage for the Tigers.

Just keep winning while the coots keep losing!

Can’t believe they recruited 19th overall after 4-8 & 2-8. They better start stealing....lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Just between us, I'm part of the Clemson sign stealing

Dec 23, 2020, 8:35 AM

brotherhood. We watch football games from the couch and watch for signs and tendencies from Clemson's opponents.

There is a dedicated phone line (similar to the "bat phone" that batman used to talk with the police commissioner) that we use to contact the coaches in the booth to tell them what we see.

It's oddly effective. You would think with the time-delay in the broadcast that this would not be the case.

Anyway, don't tell anyone because it's on the down-low.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This to me is the funniest knock on Clemson.

Dec 23, 2020, 1:50 PM

“Clemson cheats...they steal signals.”

“Is that against the rules?”

“No, but it’s, like, bending them.”

“So no one else tries to steal signals?”

“No, everyone does it...they just do it more.”

“You mean they’re better at it? How do you know?”

“Just look at how good they are on defense!”

null

Dec 23, 2020, 2:00 PM

Stealing signs is poor sportsmanship. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. This board presents Clemson athletics as being wholesome and godly. Sign stealing will get you suspended in baseball. If the article was about Bama, you m'fers would be outraged. Consequently, if I hear Bama is doing this as well, I will certainly be disappointed. Sportsmanship comes from within when competing in any sport.

Dec 23, 2020, 2:03 PM

Allow me to resummarize the SI article in less words so you might get it:

Clemson's staff is smarter than your staff. That's probably not fair.

Dec 23, 2020, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Need advice on Stealing Signals in football.... ]

As I've said many times in the past.

If I'm a coach, and I think you are stealing my signs, and I don't know how to use that to my advantage, I'm not a very good coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em. Coot.

Dec 23, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Need advice on Stealing Signals in football.... ]

What a dumba$$ coot, pretending to be a Bammer fan. LOFL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LAPTOPS -- gotta have plenty of laptops on

Dec 23, 2020, 2:10 PM

the sideline to do it efficiently

null

Dec 23, 2020, 3:58 PM

Another thought...with the number and frequency of coaching changes (and GAs moving on) among schools, if Clemson were really doing this any differently than other schools there would be "whistleblowers" out there revealing how it is done...

Replies: 21
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic