Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Can UNC upset Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Can UNC upset Clemson?

Nov 30, 2015, 3:58 PM

WATCH: Can UNC upset Clemson?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need to rewrite the headline here. That' s not the question

Nov 30, 2015, 4:02 PM

they asked. They asked if UNC could get in if they beat Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.***

Nov 30, 2015, 8:30 PM

Tiger/bleacher/report.net?

Nov 30, 2015, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Need to rewrite the headline here. That' s not the question ]

Tnet is suffering from hit lust.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Can UNC upset Clemson?

Nov 30, 2015, 4:02 PM

Wow! Thanks guys, I feel so much better having seen that it wasn't "Can UNCheat beat Clemson?" It was more "When UNCheat beats Clemson!" This really shaping up to be a real nightmare.

Nov 30, 2015, 4:13 PM

Kevin Weidl said that UNC will defeat Clemson on Saturday. He made the comments on one of the college football shows on the four-letter sports network.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 30, 2015, 4:47 PM

Yes! And they will if the defense doesn't play better than the last few games.

Nov 30, 2015, 4:56 PM

turnovers hurt more than the busted defensive assignments... in my opinion.

I don't think so. A LOT more points scored...

Nov 30, 2015, 5:02 PM

on the busted plays than after the TO's.

That said, I sure am tired of all of the questioning. yes, They could upset us. As we saw from last week, a sh!tty team played pretty well against us (u$uc). I am banking on we really had our minds set on this coming game, and not the one with 3-8 record.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just FYI

Nov 30, 2015, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Can UNC upset Clemson? ]

Not that I disagree.

Anyhow, jus FYI, in the last three games, Clemson put the ball on the ground 6 times and lost all of them. On the other hand, in the last three games, UNC fumbled 11 times, while only 5 were recovered by their opponents.

So, they have the same problem as well.

Nov 30, 2015, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Can UNC upset Clemson? ]

SC could have rolled over when they got down but they did not - they played with some real heart. Our turnovers really sapped momentum (even though they didn't capitalize).

Nov 30, 2015, 6:59 PM

we also need to play all 60 minutes looking for points. Many times there is time left on the clock before half and we take a knee. UNCheat was still trying to score with just a few seconds on the clock and they had a 20+ point lead on unst. In 30 seconds we can run all the way down the field in 2-3 plays.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2015, 8:22 PM

I am going to disagree with you about the points we have scored at the end of the 1st half. We have been exceptional in my opinion with the 2 min offense. See the recap below of the past 6 games:

Miami: Scored TD with 0:42 left in 2nd Qtr
NC St: Scored TD with 0:40 left in 2nd Qtr
FSU: Scored FG with 0:29 left in 2nd Qtr
Syracuse: Scored FG with 0:37 left in 2nd Qtr
Wake: Scored FG with 0:00 left in 2nd Qtr
SC: Took a knee with 0:24 left in 2nd Qtr

We have just one time in the last 6 games where we weren't aggressive in the final moments of the 2nd Qtr. The offense hasn't been a problem. We have had 500+ yds of offense for the past 8 straight games. If we can stop turning the ball over and giving up explosive plays on defense, then we can blowout UNC. If not, then the game will be close. Either way, I believe we have more than enough to beat UNC.

Nov 30, 2015, 8:32 PM

Thank you! I was wondering what this guy was talking about. I hadn't seen it all year, but once myself. These guys love to repeat what they see on the message board without going and researching it on their own. We will be ready. You have to think this is 10 games in a row without a break. This guys are tired. Our depth at LB is a killer and I think Venables will get more kids in at LB to help out in the rotation to help Ben and BJ out. We have to.

Nov 30, 2015, 10:20 PM

Thanks for the correction. I did not see it written on any message board, it was my belief, but I do stand corrected.

The other belief I have if you care to correct me i am all ears....I believe Our best games are when we get the ball first, we seem to take the momentum of the games earlier and shut down the opponents and play better throughout the game. When we do not get the ball first, we seem a little sluggish. Comments are appreciated.

Nov 30, 2015, 11:12 PM

No problem. In the end, we are all wanting Clemson to do the same thing -- win it all. I personally like it when we defer and get the ball in the 2nd half. I like knowing that if we get off to a bad start, then we will get the ball after the half with a chance to regain momentum. But when our defense comes to play, it really doesn't matter if we get the ball first or not b/c they, when focused, can cause havoc and get our offense multiple opportunities. And when that happens, it's lights out for whoever we face. But this is one of the years where I have seen the defense bail out the offense and the offense has bailed out the defense. This is a special team. There doesn't seem to be finger pointing; only a mindset of let's help this team win.

This question would not be relevant..

Nov 30, 2015, 11:21 PM

..if the coot game wasn't as close (score-wise). That score, combined with defensive mistakes that gave up big plays, made us look beatable.

I was going to watch the video buuuut....

Dec 1, 2015, 12:25 PM

As soon as I seen Paul Finebaum I decided to save myself 10 mins of wasting my time, and another 30 minutes trying to decode and digest his BULL CRAP

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic