Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time On My Hands
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Time On My Hands

Jun 13, 2018, 9:09 PM

Sometimes we need only look at history to discover solutions to problems that surround us every day. There have been and probably always will be wars and rumors of wars. But there was a different strategy a few hundred years ago. It was not us peons that did the fighting, it was the King and all his henchmen. The peons were there to cook and pick up the dead bodies and body parts like heads, arms and legs. Maybe we need to revise the "Rules of Human Warfare" and have our elected leaders and self appointed leaders in other countries on the front line. I believe that would be an excellent means of preventing future wars. Our states and country seem to operate just as efficiently when our legislative branches are not in session so it appears we would fair quite well while they are out on the battlefield. Better yet, they may do some serious thinking and actually determine how our problems can be solved in a peaceful manner.

Now, let's take a look at our mounting deficit. I just can't understand the concept that if we spend more money, which we don't have, we can reduce our debt. It most certainly does not work for me. Unless I robbed a bank or won the Publishing House Sweepstakes I'd have to file for bankruptcy. I offer this solution free of charge but I'd bet my Publishing House Sweepstakes prize it wouldn't get to first base. If Congress can not come up with a balanced budget, the Senators and Representatives receive no pay or allowances. If there is a deficit not due to an extra ordinary event, they will forfeit all funds in their re-election war chest and are barred from accepting any campaign contributions.

I realize these are drastic measures and will never be adopted, but if they were adopted we would see a dramatic change in how our elected officials respond to some of the problems we face as a nation.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Time On My Hands

Jun 13, 2018, 9:41 PM

Of course we all know who was President the last time there was a balanced budget! The haters don’t want to hear about the days of PEACE AND PROSPERITY.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Time On My Hands***

Jun 13, 2018, 9:42 PM

Re: Time On My Hands***

Jun 13, 2018, 9:42 PM

Dems and Reps working together. Never happen again.

No it won't.

Jun 13, 2018, 10:36 PM

Not in this political climate. Maybe if the climate makes drastic changes we will see our politicians work for our country and not their base.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had the good sense to pass pub legislation.

Jun 13, 2018, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Time On My Hands ]

All in all he was a good president. To that time the best since Reagan and may still be though our economy is soaring right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our financial system is a debt-based Ponzi scheme designed

Jun 13, 2018, 11:22 PM

to fail.

The hundred year "experiment" is at its end game. Prepare thyself accordingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk94iPw7VVQ

Re: Time On My Hands

Jun 14, 2018, 12:11 PM

I would like to see term limits set for Congress

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post reminds me, B-Meist should make a board

Jun 14, 2018, 12:23 PM

for politics or something similar. Then any political posts can be posted there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic