Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lakebum left out one:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Lakebum left out one:

Oct 30, 2018, 3:32 PM

Single guys with a Christmas tree.

How ghey is that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are two things in particular that make me suspicious

Oct 30, 2018, 3:50 PM

of a young single guy:

1) Being really into the holidays

2) Wanting to work with children. Youth group leader, etc. Not talking about the guy who coaches cause his kids play the sport, or something like that. I mean like the Young Life leader who comes to eat lunch with the high school kids. That's creepy and weird.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

30 year old single guy who goes to first week at the beach

Oct 30, 2018, 3:52 PM

every year. Lots more to be concerned about than a Christmas tree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In Columbia you can keep that up well into your 40s

Oct 30, 2018, 3:54 PM

while running a successful law firm.

There's some disgusting folks out there who've yet to be prosecuted.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess civil engineers get screwed.***

Oct 30, 2018, 4:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only person I know matching that description

Oct 30, 2018, 4:20 PM [ in reply to In Columbia you can keep that up well into your 40s ]

offed himself when the accusations started coming out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This one was known to referee church league basketball

Oct 30, 2018, 4:23 PM

games. Still practicing out of an office downtown.

Weird, this guy coached them...

Oct 30, 2018, 4:39 PM

his teams were actually always good. I coached against him for a few years when I coached my younger brother's teams.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quarters or ping pong

Oct 30, 2018, 8:52 PM [ in reply to In Columbia you can keep that up well into your 40s ]

Pick your poison

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

What is this first week thing you keep talking about?***

Oct 30, 2018, 3:59 PM [ in reply to 30 year old single guy who goes to first week at the beach ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We called it "Senior Week"

Oct 30, 2018, 4:11 PM

where I'm from.

Like, the day after graduation, everyone goes down to Dirty Myrtle to make a bunch of bad decisions.

I don't remember that being a thing

Oct 30, 2018, 4:16 PM

It might have been though?

Why "first week"? What was first about it?

First week of summer after classes. Pretty simple really***

Oct 30, 2018, 4:18 PM

I remember my "first week" being "first week at work"

Oct 30, 2018, 5:25 PM

to save for college expenses.

I guess I am old as that doesn't seem to be a thing any more.

That was "second week" when work started.***

Oct 30, 2018, 9:21 PM

School was out, so I guess first week you could go.***

Oct 30, 2018, 4:18 PM [ in reply to I don't remember that being a thing ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. That's it. But we did it as juniors and seniors.

Oct 30, 2018, 4:18 PM [ in reply to We called it "Senior Week" ]

Even some sophomores who got their licenses early. Drink beer, cruise the strip in a 1987 Toyota 4 runner with the top off, with girls in the back with their tops off. Yeah, good decisions like that.

For me it ended senior year, as it should. Heck, even in college you can get in serious trouble at first week. In college I was known to ask for ID on more than one occasion even up at Clemson after attending a party freshman year and seeing a guy almost walk off and commit a felony with zero knowledge.

This is very aero like.***

Oct 30, 2018, 5:23 PM

What part? Or all of it?

Oct 30, 2018, 9:23 PM

I'm one of those people who, if I went back to my teenage and college years, wouldn't change a #### thing and probably could never pull off better if I tried.

My high school PE teacher / asst bball coach

Oct 30, 2018, 3:53 PM [ in reply to There are two things in particular that make me suspicious ]

was unmarried and never had a gf for what we knew....about 40 yrs old at the time. He always hung out with students (doods) on the weekends. I thought it was the weirdest thing...b/c it was.

So, 15 years later, he marries a super hot former FEMALE student who is 20 yrs younger.

Only had to stay in high school for 30 years to get the girl

Oct 30, 2018, 3:56 PM

Our highschool PE teachers were pretty much losers, too. One was a recent Clemson grad and thought he was hot stuff rolling up in his wind breaker suit every day. There were rumors they were banging students, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think guys like that would aspire to be something more

Oct 30, 2018, 3:57 PM [ in reply to There are two things in particular that make me suspicious ]

reputable...like a university-sanctioned osteopathic physician specializing in treating gymnasts.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, you remember GG, the drama teacher at

Oct 30, 2018, 3:58 PM [ in reply to There are two things in particular that make me suspicious ]

Mann/Beck back in the day?

Dude clearly played for the other team, but he liked hanging with the boys and chaperoning first week beach trips a little too much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he was before my time

Oct 30, 2018, 4:08 PM

But I remember having several parents and one gym teacher, in particular, who acted kind of like that. There was one girls dad who always seemed to 'surprise' all of the girls at sleepovers and what not.

Quite frankly, I always thought ole Deb was a little bit creepy with some of the more masculine girls.

yep

Oct 30, 2018, 4:12 PM

I never can recall her befriending and "mentoring" a completely ugly girl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic