Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This makes me sick to my stomach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

This makes me sick to my stomach

Dec 19, 2013, 12:40 PM

An anti-Clemson twitter page posted a link to the article of the student with Down-Syndrome being admitted to Clemson. Their comment: "Pretty sure they accept retards there every day". The tweet was later deleted.

Make fun of Clemson all you want coots, but do not ever ever ever make fun of children with special needs. That subject is extremely close to me (I have family with special needs and have volunteered with multiple special needs programs) and many many other people as well. Grow up and get your priorities straight, because these kids are braver than Clemson or Coot fan I know.

They really take classless to a whole new level.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have to overlook some. They are lower that a snake

Dec 19, 2013, 12:44 PM

in a wagon rut.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have to overlook some. They are lower that a snake

Dec 19, 2013, 2:54 PM

Bandwagon rut?

Re: This makes me sick to my stomach

Dec 19, 2013, 12:46 PM

that really aint anything new is it. witness it firsthand by going to a game there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2013, 12:46 PM

The kid with Down Syndrome has already accomplished more in his lifetime than the coward who took the time to create that hateful page.

I normally let bygones be bygones when it comes to trolling, but that's absolutely uncalled for.

Can you PM me the Twitter handle? I have several ideas.

Dec 19, 2013, 12:48 PM

see we can agree on some things afterall. go get him.

Dec 19, 2013, 12:52 PM

I'm going to try to for sure

THIS and THIS AGAIN!***

Dec 20, 2013, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: This makes me sick to my stomach ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Dec 19, 2013, 12:57 PM

I too have spent a lot of time volunteering for Special Needs children and have a very much loved member of the family that has Downs syndrome. Clemson use to sponsor Camp Sunshine every year for special needs kids and still may. With that said, the dirtpeckers have a special needs camp also they call gamecock football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I definitely think your head is in the right place,

Dec 19, 2013, 12:59 PM

but isn't using the term "special needs" as an insult to their football team kind of counterproductive?

The ClemsonLIFE program is an amazing program, only

Dec 19, 2013, 1:31 PM

a moron would dare insult it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: The ClemsonLIFE program is an amazing program, only

Dec 19, 2013, 2:10 PM

anyone know the history on this program? I know it has been around for a while. I just wonder how it got started at Clemson. Aynone who knows please share. Thanks

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know the origins of it, but here's some information on

Dec 19, 2013, 2:12 PM

it: http://www.clemson.edu/hehd/departments/culife/about-clemson-life/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Don't know the origins of it, but here's some information on

Dec 19, 2013, 2:31 PM

Thanks

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And people balk when we say we're a classier fanbase

Dec 19, 2013, 2:32 PM

and that it means something

Re: And people balk when we say we're a classier fanbase

Dec 19, 2013, 11:19 PM

at least you don't make broad, sweeping generalizations.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

whats his twitter name?

Dec 19, 2013, 3:02 PM

lets blow that page up and let him know what we think of him and his coward tail.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: whats his twitter name?

Dec 20, 2013, 3:43 PM

Don't be cruel to animals law will protect him. But we can stop his tail from wagging!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2013, 3:10 PM

All fan bases have their renegades. No school's majority of fans would condone that kind of cruelty and thoughtless behavior.

Dec 19, 2013, 7:01 PM

This. I will join in if yall blast him on twitter.

Mark, you are one of the few gamecock fans on

Dec 19, 2013, 9:30 PM

here that I could sit down and have a beneficial conversation with. Not sure how you got pulled to the wrong side. Lol.

Re: Mark, you are one of the few gamecock fans on

Dec 19, 2013, 11:08 PM

Birth. I don't hate clemson. I pull against clemson sports. I love going to games at clemson. I spent time at clemson at academic summer camps a couple of summers. Had a blast. It was a fun place. I separate clemson from clemson sports. Same with carolina. No attachment to the school except my wife having a degree there. Dont like columbia particularly. Was just born to a dad with gamecock season tickets and grew up from an early age going to every game at williams brice.

Dec 19, 2013, 11:29 PM

Its like....its like he's a person!!!

I see what you're up to Coot. You're not fooling anyone with your insinuations of humanity.

I started to mention that it was probably due to birth.

Dec 20, 2013, 12:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Mark, you are one of the few gamecock fans on ]

That seems to be the reason for a lot of fan's loyalty. Attended my first Clemson game in 1948 with my Dad also.

Dec 20, 2013, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark, you are one of the few gamecock fans on ]

We're sorry you got drug through all that as a child. So it is true that child hood memories can be the cause of children taking the wrong path as and adult. Sorry, but it's still not to late for you to change and you will become a better person for it;)

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was a post

Dec 19, 2013, 3:15 PM

On TBS saying how good it was to see that. Apparently several universities in the state have such a program. Very touching story, especially for me.. An ex of mine had a little brother with downs, he died 5 years ago from primary pulmonary hypertension. It's so good to see something like this happen regardless of where it is.

Please be more specific...

Dec 20, 2013, 12:16 AM

WHAT OTHER UNIVERSITIES IN THE STATE HAVE A PROGRAM LIKE CLEMSON'S "LIFE PROGRAM"???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if this wasn't offensive...

Dec 19, 2013, 3:37 PM

...their arguement that Clemson is not a very intelligent college is just ignorant. I wonder if the person running that page has ever taken a class at Clemson? I'd sure love to see one of them try out Clemson's Math 1080 class, then we'll see what they think.

Plus, almost every statistic has Clemson as the most academically superior college in the state (and even if we're not number one, we're certainly above South Carolina).

Not to mention, I've had friends that have been in basically the same classes at both USC and Clemson. From what I heard, USC you could slack off and easily make an A. At Clemson, you bust your tail to make a C.

Amen. That's messed up.***

Dec 19, 2013, 3:46 PM

We all know 90% of coots got rejected by Clemson

Dec 19, 2013, 4:17 PM

probably upsets them that Rion got in they could not.

So technically they are dumber than a kid with down syndrome.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

It's "University of Second Choice" for a reason.***

Dec 19, 2013, 5:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 19, 2013, 5:46 PM

Coots are just mad because they are too stupid to get in.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, some Clemson fans used to make fun

Dec 19, 2013, 6:04 PM

of Frank McGuire's special needs child... and they did it before and during basketball games.

So I don't think either program has a clean slate when it comes to being classless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must be a coot to bring this up...***

Dec 19, 2013, 8:33 PM

Re: Unfortunately, some Clemson fans used to make fun

Dec 19, 2013, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, some Clemson fans used to make fun ]

Someone on this board has an avatar pic of Marcus' leg broken in half.
Still, I hang out with Tigers all the time and they aren't classless; and this incident doesn't represent Coots either. Just one idiot.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

the coots also made fun..

Dec 19, 2013, 6:51 PM

of Javis Austin when he shot himself. FGF was full of comments about him. The main one was a women that went by cocky in dallas, who still logs on to TigerNet to read. She was a terrible human being

I'm pretty sure every now and then they accept someone

Dec 19, 2013, 6:53 PM

who's not.

totally agree

Dec 19, 2013, 6:58 PM

i worked in a special needs classroom for 10 years. no need for that type of behavior. classless doesn't even begin to describe it.

100% agree. That is an absolute low class individual.***

Dec 19, 2013, 7:04 PM

So, who is this guy on Twitter?***

Dec 19, 2013, 7:21 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

What's his twitter name?

Dec 19, 2013, 7:25 PM

I knew it was a matter of time before some jackas$ made a comment like that about the video. Just remember that Clemson is doing something to better that kid's life and help him accomplish a dream. Can't let a moron with internet privileges take the joy out of welcoming Rion to our family. But, I would still love to give that guy a piece of my mind, because that goes past rivalry banter

Tell'em Coot***

Dec 19, 2013, 9:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2013, 11:12 PM

If that is true then it sucks. I love the rivalry but it is just football.
Both fan bases have idiots, but on behalf of a Coot, I apologize for that stupidity. That is ridiculous and not representative of the majority of our fans.

Who knows so no need to apologize for an assumption

Dec 19, 2013, 11:34 PM

besides, some of the comments are from scar people giving praise to both Rion and Clemson. Going to keep a half full perspective in light of the inspiring story

was waiting for that...

Dec 19, 2013, 11:32 PM

thought for sure one of them would make a comment like that on one of the many Facebook stories.

Stupid Stupid Coots!

Dec 20, 2013, 7:20 AM

nm

Dec 20, 2013, 3:35 PM

I see a person that does things like that of being a special needs person them selves B/c, there has to be something terribly wrong going on inside their own brain. NORMAL thinking people just don't think that way. If someone knows who this person is, they should try and get them some mental help before they end up spending the rest of their miserable life in PRISON.

I didn't know about this program until recently

Dec 20, 2013, 4:27 PM

it seems like a great thing that it's doing. Helping the disabled be more independent and self sufficient.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic