Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This loss is as big as any in the last decade...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

This loss is as big as any in the last decade...

Nov 16, 2014, 9:55 AM

The repercussions are immense:

For the season: lost chance at Orange Bowl and any real shot of beating the Chickens.

Longer term:
- Watson's durability is now going to be storyline for the rest of his Clemson career. I hate to say it, but I doubt we ever get a full season out of him. For whatever reasom, he is an injury magnet and it's taking its toll on him and the team

- Rebuilding not reloading...We have not shown ourselves that we're not anywhere near an Alabama type program that reloads and keeps on winning. Look for a several years process to get us back to 10 and 11 wins

- Chad has hit the ceiling of his ability and it's pretty apparent now that he is unable to adjust or run any other type of offense than what he knows and with a few key, gifted players in place. Do you guys really think he could install the Wildcat or Pistol, etc. in the next two weeks? I just don't see it.

- Moral is down on this team. Hopefully, the malaise doesn't taint recruiting, but at this point one can only assume we're going to have some defections

This program is currently hanging in the balance a lot more than some on this board wish to admit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This loss is as big as any in the last decade...

Nov 16, 2014, 9:59 AM

We are in a terrible situation no doubt. This team is begging favor a leader! Even the defense looked sick.

Agreed. This should be cause for sober reflection.

Nov 16, 2014, 10:05 AM

Clearly the offensive system is not as good as it looked when we had studs to execute it.

Clearly our lack of depth has hurt us. This is especially true on the OL.

I would like to see an offense in which we can execute from under center, we have the option of using a fullback and tailback at times (and a jumbo package on the line), and can use the TEs as more than either a blocker or another wideout (in other words, a traditional 2-way TE, not an either/or TE).

We then have to recruit to that model consistently. IF we can keep BV, I think our defense will be of the quality that can make a more traditional style offense work well.

Winning football has not changed. It involves ball control on offense, a great defense, and excellence in special teams. We have only one of the three.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol no...we lost to Duke in 2004

Nov 16, 2014, 10:11 AM

And WVU 70-33. not saying this wasn't a terrible loss but those were much much worse.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not like we lost to Kentucky***

Nov 16, 2014, 10:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This loss is as big as any in the last decade...

Nov 16, 2014, 10:17 AM

The team lost their leader to a devastating injury. I'm sure that had NOTHING to do with them playing dowm

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Surely you jest.***

Nov 16, 2014, 10:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Funny a poster that came here after the FSU loss

Nov 16, 2014, 10:24 AM

and whines after a loss. This board is joke with those types around here. Chit happens, injuries happen, the season goes on.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic