Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Sammy was left off the Biletnikoff list because of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,612

If Sammy was left off the Biletnikoff list because of

Jul 17, 2012, 1:21 PM

character concerns, that's BS. Here are some of the "high character" guys who won the award or were finalists:

Randy Moss (self explanatory)
Antonio Bryant (failed drug tests)
Charles Rogers (multiple failed drug tests in college and NFL)
Peter Warrick (finalist) (Free Shoes University, etc.)
Dez Bryant (finalist) (ineligible last year, arrested for assaulting his mother this week...)

These were just guys who finished in the top 3--not "watchlist" guys.

If they say he's left off for "character issues"--that's legit. I think an arrest would cause an organization to question one's character. BUT, you can't suddenly overnight decide that character really matters when you have a history of winners like this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Addendum: Now I see last year's winner Justin Blackmon

Jul 17, 2012, 1:26 PM

had TWO DUI arrests and UNC "We Love to Smell Our Farts" Tarhole Watchlist Candidate Jheranie Boyd was arrested in January of this year.

I'm calling you out Tallahassee Football Club!! "Character" hasn't been a factor in your award until now and Sammy has more in his pinky than most of these guys do in their entire bodies!

Tallahassee Football Club

Jul 17, 2012, 1:41 PM

someone is still a little upset at what Sammy did/will do to FSU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Another Winner, Braylon Edwards

Jul 17, 2012, 1:44 PM

Edwards has often been in trouble with the law as he has been pulled over several times over the last eight years for speeding violations.[10] The most recent of which was in October 2008 when he was pulled over for driving 120 mph in a 65 mph zone.[11]

Two days before being traded to the New York Jets, on October 5, 2009, Edwards reportedly punched Edward Givens, a local party promoter, in the face at 2:30 A.M. outside of the View Ultralounge & Nightclub.[12] Givens, who is an acquaintance of LeBron James, alleged that Edwards was jealous of James' success thus prompting Edwards' attack. This prompted James to call the incident "childish."[12] On October 26, 2009, Edwards was charged with misdemeanor assault[12] and later plead no contest to the charge of aggravated assault on January 12, 2010.[13] Edwards was given a suspended 180-day jail sentence, was fined $1,000 and placed on inactive probation.[13] Though Edwards offered no explanation or apology for his actions, he reportedly regretted the entire ordeal according to his lawyer.[13] The NFL did not suspend Edwards for his actions.[14]

On September 21, 2010, Edwards was arrested on a drunken driving charge in New York early in the morning.[11] He was originally pulled over for having excessively tinted windows on his Range Rover.[11] Police smelled alcohol on Edwards who blew 0.16—twice the legal limit.[11] He was arrested on a DWI charge.[11] He is still on probation for the altercation that occurred in October 2009.[11]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: If Sammy was left off the Biletnikoff list because of

Jul 17, 2012, 1:50 PM

I have been on twitter discussing this with reporters who claim its the policy of the committee. Apparently Tim Bourrett thinks it's the policy as well. You can go to the site and it is NOT policy. Not to mention, there are at least 3 guys on there that have been arrested recently. Also, did Sammy kill someone? No, that's right, it was a misdemeanor. Hmmm, kind of like a speeding ticket. They screwed up, and everyone is making excuses for them for some reason.

This just proves that the award is BS,

Jul 17, 2012, 2:07 PM

why would you leave off a player that was one of only three players named an AP All American as a freshman?

Think of all the thousands upon thousands of freshman football players over the years, and only 3 freshman have ever been named to the team.

Hershel Walker

Adrian Peterson

Sammy Watkins

And he is left off the list?? What a joke this award is.

Are you kidding me?

Jul 17, 2012, 2:08 PM

Yes there are plenty of names that have won it but the major one to me is Blackmon.. He just got his 3rd DUI as a Jaguar but he apparently had 2 in college. Do we expect any different from Tallahassee?

Re: If Sammy was left off the Biletnikoff list because of

Jul 17, 2012, 2:49 PM

Sammy was left off b/c he didn't use his awesome talent in a Florida school. And they are sending a message to other 5* talent in Florida. If you take your talent out of state, we will black ball you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suspect that may be the real reason as well. Sour grapes

Jul 17, 2012, 3:41 PM

because he shunned Osceola and Co.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,612
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic