Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This just in from FGF
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,753

This just in from FGF

Oct 14, 2015, 1:12 AM

SC is a better position than USC. Granted, I only read the first 2 lines, but comedy gold. Kind of just want to get a cold beer and go down to Columbia to watch the impensing show. I have a feeling it will be great. If you have any friends who are SC fans, make sure they're on suicide watch for the next decade.

http://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-hbc-cost-several-schools-a-lot-of-money-today.72977/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

complete idiots if they think there are many jobs better

Oct 14, 2015, 1:17 AM

than the REAL SC

easy to recruit

boatloads of $$$$

awesome facilities

great fans

i don't give a #### about the SEC SC is probably better job than any sec school

null

At the real USC you get fired in two years if you can't win.

Oct 14, 2015, 3:25 AM

It doesn't matter that scholarships are not there. It doesn't matter if you need three years to develop linemen and it doesn't matter if the staff you want refuse to step into such a volatile position and you have to do all the work yourself. Tejus is the same way, OSU, Michigan, Tennessee, AU and ND are just as bad.

So yeah, USC will pay you well and show the patients to let you do the job. I hate to agree with USuCk fan about this but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Now if you like winning, winning is part of who you are and where you get your self esteem then USuCk is no place for you to coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This just in from FGF

Oct 14, 2015, 4:52 AM

An opening at South Carolina puts pressure on who?

Seems like South Carolina is no better than the 3rd or 4th worst job in the SEC. It's a better football job than Vandy, about even with Miss State and maybe Kentucky. Every other SEC job is better than the Gamecock job. What coach wants to take a bottom feeder job at a school that broke both Holtz and Spurrier recently?

SoCalis a marquee program. The Trojans will not notice that the Gamecocks are looking for a coach because the schools are not remotely on the same level.

I don't think the ##### can attract a marquee coach. I think they will end up with a Toledo like guy, or a coordinator like Smart from Bama wanting to move up or a re-tread like Houston Nutt, Turberville or Butch Davis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This just in from FGF

Oct 14, 2015, 6:26 AM

My guess is that the Bowden brothers will get a look.

this old classic sums it up pretty well

Oct 14, 2015, 6:29 AM

Re: this old classic sums it up pretty well

Oct 14, 2015, 8:45 AM

It is time for an update to that one. Maybe with Shaun Elliott cleaning up trash around the head stones.

null

SC ranks 3rd of the 4 openings

Oct 14, 2015, 8:30 AM

Southern Cal is clearly the leader. Resources, location, recruiting ground, cheerleaders in sweaters.

Maryland is probably 2nd. Under Armour money. They will start getting their full Big 10 share early in the coach's tenure. Lower expectations. Play in the harder division of the Big 10.

SC is a close 3rd. Best calling card for them is that they play in the East so its an easier path to a championship game.

History wise and resources Maryland and SC are equal.

Illinois is way down the list.

Re: SC ranks 3rd of the 4 openings

Oct 14, 2015, 8:41 AM

Steve Sarkision was wasted the entire time and still went 9-4 pulling in a top 10 recruiting class. Hell socal went 10-4 the year they fired lane kiffen. Spurrier comes off a couple 11 win seasons and cant out recruit their in state rival. Anyone who thnks the gamecock job is in anyway better than the socall job is a delusional. The sanctions are done and the talent is already there.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,753
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic