Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is why we will beat Alabama.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,748

This is why we will beat Alabama.

Nov 19, 2018, 10:12 AM

There are many reasons why I think we have the team to beat beat Alabama, but one of our advantages that will be key to me is our ability to throw and catch against NFL quality secondaries due to our superior size to go with talent at receiver. It was the difference two years ago. It will be the difference this time too.

Check out the video at the 4:15 mark and watch the release in the replay that follows of Justyn Ross against 6'3" 205 lb. JR. safety Brandon Feamster. Did I mention that Feamster is 6'3" 205 pounds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=248&v=CPga5HI6XV4

Is Justyn Ross THE best wide receiver in the country? He'll have a month to heal up his hamstring before the playoffs and get a bit stronger and a bit sharper. Look out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your assessment Chuckston

Nov 19, 2018, 10:20 AM

And would be interested to know:
1) would you start Justyn Ross and play him majority of snaps over Rodgers on outside, and have Rodgers split time with Renfrow in slot?
2) how do you see specific Bama secondary matchups with Tee, JR, HR, AR, etc. Is there a corner or S Tigers can pick on?

TIA for perspective ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not know the answers to your questions.

Nov 19, 2018, 10:49 AM

I don't know whose reps would be taken because they are all great players. One of our advantages is our superior depth. That depth should allow to increase our tempo in the playoffs, play a lot of wide outs, and run the secondary raggged. Make those oversized Bama lineman run to the sidelines in our screen game. I noticed they need their oxygen on the sidelines often. Our QB gets the ball out to the perimeter and with more accuracy than a lot of NFL QBs and we have the size and strength(Rogers, Higgins, Ross) to break some tackles. By the 4th quarter, they won't be able to stop our offense.

I don't know Bama's specific players' abilities, but I don't believe they have the overall experienced quality depth that we do and that includes the secondary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is why we will beat Alabama.

Nov 19, 2018, 10:44 AM

I’m good with this theory. Whatever it takes

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 10:45 AM

Also, both Tua and Jalen are injured.

The Citadel showed us everything we need to see with Alabama.

Alabama has 0 motivation. They have nothing to play for. Saban does, thats beating Bear Bryant's record, but thats it. Players dont care about that. They are becoming complacent with the idea that they are "the best" and "unbeatable". This Bama team doesnt have the spark they normally do. I think we will catch them by surprise.

Nov 19, 2018, 10:52 AM

Plus we just might be the best overall offense and defense team, ever! So Bama, has not seen a team like us this year, but we are in the same boat, but Clemson is playing with controlled revenge and it starts in the ACCC against Pitt!! It will carryover until the NC game against Bama, hopefully they make it, because if the are complacent, then UGA or AU might get that ###....

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,748
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic