Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo doing Dabo things
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Dabo doing Dabo things

Dec 8, 2016, 10:56 AM

Those of you that live in the Upstate may have seen where a Boiling Springs man named Tom Sheriff passed away last week after a tragic accident. A father of three and a husband. He was a big Clemson fan, and head coach Dabo Swinney reached out to the family yesterday and had a special note for the boys.

Neat note: the wife Ashley is a die-hard Gamecock fan, but I've been told she has been overwhelmed by all of the support from the Clemson family throughout all of this. Former linebacker Brandon Maye was told the story and he's the one that reached out to Dabo to see if there was anything that could be done. Dabo obviously has been busy the last week - he left the ACC Championship and has been on the road recruiting - but still took the time to reach out.

Thanks to Kevin Sontag for the pics

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks David. I remember last year he just basically ran

Dec 8, 2016, 11:02 AM

himself ragged this week because ACC Champ, awards, recruiting, and then ending the week at the Heisman Ceremony. I had assumed this year was the same but hadn't heard much chatter regarding it. Glad that he is getting to do those Dabo things that will keep him reminded of why he does what he does. Great stuff that he uses his position for good as opposed to bad like so many other coaches. Any chance there's an article next week regarding how he spent his week? I think its a good thing for folks to see how hard he works especially a week like this one. I'm guessing a lot of the recruits that he's visiting are for the '18 class b/c I think the '17 class is getting close to full. I know I don't need all the details, but did find this fascinating last year. Thanks in advance!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo doing Dabo things

Dec 8, 2016, 11:07 AM

David, thank you for your help in all of this. God bless and GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will be praying for the Sheriff family.***

Dec 8, 2016, 11:08 AM

This is why we love our coach.***

Dec 8, 2016, 11:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 11:11 AM

Awesome David..tks

This is what it means to be a champion!

Dec 8, 2016, 11:17 AM

So glad for the role model and leader these young men on the football team, and that all of us have in a man like Dabo! He has his priorities in line!

This is the part of Dabo that outsiders don't understand or

Dec 8, 2016, 11:29 AM

maybe don't want to understand. What a loving compassionate Christian coach we have and I wouldn't have it any other way! Keep on being yourself coach!!

Cannot TU your post enough.... DEAD ON!!!***

Dec 8, 2016, 11:55 AM

I love reading posts like this.***

Dec 8, 2016, 11:47 AM

tragic

Dec 8, 2016, 11:56 AM

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/33858496/boiling-springs-man-dies-after-crash-leaving-behind-wife-and-four-young-boys

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Indeed

Dec 8, 2016, 12:10 PM

This story has brought so much joy to this family. I honestly thought it was a shot in the dark when a friend of theirs asked me to reach out to the Tiger family and see if they could somehow do something. They/we were expecting a generic photo thats autographed or something typed up w/Dabos signature at best. Brandon Maye and I have been in contact for years and he would not want any attention nor do I but Brandon said he will send Dabo a text (day before the ACC Championship) and Dabo responded right away "I'll take care of it" and he said he would do so before he left go recruiting all week (this week) The ball and letter came in yesterday and it was mailed to the friend that reached out to me and she delivered it. This is more than football, a football, a fan base, a coach etc.... its about bringing hope to a family who is hurting. Its about using your platform to share love w/others. I am glad that Dabo still gets it and is still the same guy who shared his testimony @ a church @ Snellville Ga right after being named head coach. His testimony began..... With humble beginnings. We are lucky to have Dabo.

God Bless and GO TIGERS!

I bet Jason Fitz feels bad now***

Dec 8, 2016, 12:23 PM

Whos she? ;)***

Dec 8, 2016, 12:29 PM

c'mon stripes, not the time

Dec 8, 2016, 12:55 PM [ in reply to I bet Jason Fitz feels bad now*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

OK. Who is cutting onions?***

Dec 8, 2016, 12:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK. Who is cutting onions?***

Dec 8, 2016, 12:26 PM

The onions are skrong my eyes are watering also

Dec 8, 2016, 12:22 PM

he is one incredible man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 1:15 PM

My name is Todd Waddell. Tom sheriff was my brother in law. His widow, Ashley, is my sister. I just wanted to thank Dabo and all over Tiger Nation for their support of our family. Tom was probably the biggest CLEMSON fan I have ever seen. His closet is full of orange and purple. He wore orange oakleys. He had a tiger paw tattooed on his arm. He ate, slept and breathed CLEMSON Tigers. Tom was only 36 years old. His death has left my sister, myself and our whole family reeling. We never expected our lives to fall apart on a day when Tom and Ashley were supposed to be opening a new chapter in their lives.
Tom was such a CLEMSON fan, that for the week that he fought for his life in the hospital we had Orange and purple SheriffStrong bracelets and T shirts made to support Tom. We got them both the day he passed away. Instead of wearing black and everyone wearing suits to his Celebration of Life service we knew what Tom would have wanted. So we asked everyone in attendance to wear orange and purple because we knew that would be heaven to Tom. So everyone that packed out the chapel at the mortuary created a sea of orange all for Tom. And as the family exited the building, Tom's favorite song played on the speakers - Tiger Rag.
Tom would be so excited about all the support of tiger Nation especially Dabo. My sister says she just wish he were here to see it all. I said, "He is!"
As a side note, I too am a life long and die hard Gamecock fan. But thanks to Tom a sheriff I have a new found place in my heart for orange and purple. And Dabo has a new fan. Thank you Coach for reaching out and showing the love of Jesus Christ and for bringing a smile to the face of my sister and my nephews. God Bless you, Dabo Swinney.

Amen Todd.

Dec 8, 2016, 1:32 PM

Thanks for giving some insight and sharing your heart. Praying for you all.

Thank you for your post, and I am sorry for you

Dec 8, 2016, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo doing Dabo things ]

and your family's loss. God bless you and yours, it's going to be a tough Christmas but I pray you all find the peace you need right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Todd - my heart is broken for you and your family. Coach is

Dec 8, 2016, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo doing Dabo things ]

right - everything begins and ends with Jesus. I cannot imagine what you, your sister, and your nephews are going through right now - but accept the Lord's comfort as I know it is being offered.

For Tom - Go Tigers!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers...God Bless***

Dec 1, 2011, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo doing Dabo things ]

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic