Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Y’all ready to pick sides and dig in heels?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

Y’all ready to pick sides and dig in heels?

Jun 30, 2020, 7:55 AM

https://apnews.com/425e43fa0ffdd6e126c5171653ec47d1

Bolton continues to be a fly in the ointment for the WH.

Seems like it’s a lot more than just the NYT reporting at this point, now including WSJ and AP.

Glad my old roommate is back home safely from the desert. Hoping my BIL doesn’t end up over there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is where Trump could learn a lot from his enemies.

Jun 30, 2020, 8:08 AM

Hillary would have gotten Bolton an airplane ticket with the Ron Brown super saver fare before that book even got to first draft.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking the other day, if Conservatives treated

Jun 30, 2020, 8:39 AM

police with the same level of murderous suspicion that they apply to Hillary, we might not be having marches.

Everyone would be like, “yeah they do do that don’t they?”

And conversely, if liberals demanded the

Jun 30, 2020, 8:42 AM

Same burden of proof for infractions instead of casual inference that they did with Hillary, everyone would be like “what’s the fuss?”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What’s interesting is that neither approach is helpful.

Jun 30, 2020, 8:46 AM

It’s a vice of conspiracy held by both sides although I’d posit that an officer with a smoking gun in his hand is more likely to be a murderer than an old dried up fruit bat. Maybe not a true equivalence but close.

First and foremost, the left needs to drop all the

Jun 30, 2020, 8:49 AM

Murder crap. It’s not a thing. Stat after stat shows it’s not and it’s hyperbolic and counterproductive to continue acting like there’s some police murder epidemic.

Similarly, those on the right who are in denial need to acknowledge that there are absolutely differences in non-lethal police interactions with minorities.

Those two things happen, and we might make some progress.

It’s got a better ring to it than voluntary manslaughterer

Jun 30, 2020, 8:52 AM

It’s the shocking language and shocking cases that move the needle in the movement.

Garden variety profiling and brutality is the bigger problem IMO.

But Hillary, still a straight up serial killer?

Sigh. It’s humor.

Jun 30, 2020, 8:58 AM

Why does someone always think I’m dead serious when I make a Hillary/Bill murder joke?

And I’d say “move the needle” = “gets disproportionally and unfairly leveraged”

Because half this bored believes it.***

Jun 30, 2020, 9:03 AM

every time I see Bill and Hillary together...

Jun 30, 2020, 9:06 AM

I feel sorry for Bill. We all know THAT guy.

Bill is a genuinely nice guy. She is amazingly nasty.

But he probably never would have gotten to be POTUS without her.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: every time I see Bill and Hillary together...

Jun 30, 2020, 9:34 AM

I actually hear the opposite concerning Bill and Hillary. Their private personas apparently do not match their public ones.

Hillary isn't great in public and comes across as stiff, unlikable, and frosty, but there's a reason she was a go-to for the State Department. In person she's apparently amazingly personable and charismatic, almost magnetic, and can read people and persuade like few others. People who have had person-to-person talks with her say she's cooler than cool. She can remember minute details about somebody she met twenty years ago and discuss them like no time has passed.

Bill's a lot more congenial and relaxed in a public setting and is always the life of the party. In smaller groups he supposedly gets a lot more abrasive and caustic, is sloppy, forgetful, and disorganized almost to a fault, and he's infamous for his explosive temper. He's known for destroying hotel rooms in fits of pique.

Always found that dichotomy fascinating.

I don’t know if you are correct or not...

Jun 30, 2020, 9:46 AM

The fact that Bill became very close friends with the Bush family through H. W., makes me feel that Bill is decent guy. H.W., regardless of what you think of his politics, was a kind person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those 'Lolita Express' flights were just letting off steam..

Jun 30, 2020, 10:10 AM

As to H.W., he was instrumental as C1A Director in setting up the military junta dictators in Central America... Who do you think was holding Ollie's hand during Iran-Contra?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those 'Lolita Express' flights were just letting off steam..

Jun 30, 2020, 10:11 AM

CANCELED

Your thoughts or my truth...?***

Jun 30, 2020, 10:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the former POTUSes

Jun 30, 2020, 10:21 AM

I'm just kidding anyway

I have some hand-written letters from H.W to a deceased

Jun 30, 2020, 10:24 AM

family member that I've saved, Texas oil man and all... That doesn't change the truth.

Both Hillary and John McCain I thought were 8 years too

Jun 30, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: every time I see Bill and Hillary together... ]

late on getting their party nominations. I would have much preferred McCain over W back in 2001-2009, and thought Hillary would have been a very effective Pres in 2009 - 2012 tackling the recession. By 2008 McCain was a shell of his former self, and in 2016 Hillary just had too much baggage that had accumulated, including her stint as SOS. In each of those primary seasons, it was South Carolina that tipped the scales to the eventual nominee, who each went on to win the White House. Interesting as it was again SC this year that tipped the scales away from Bernie towards Biden, who has never looked back.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’re all busy breathing through our mouths

Jun 30, 2020, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Because half this bored believes it.*** ]

Is that your issue? No one to give you a high 5?

Jun 30, 2020, 9:11 AM

An olive branch

If there were videos of Hillary actually killing people by

Jun 30, 2020, 8:50 AM [ in reply to And conversely, if liberals demanded the ]

by multiple people from different angles, I am pretty sure even the most diehard member of the Hillary Fan Club would drop support.

arent these cities run by Dems? like forever?***

Jun 30, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to I was thinking the other day, if Conservatives treated ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a shame

Jun 30, 2020, 8:20 AM

The military has been patrolling their opium fields for

Jun 30, 2020, 10:30 AM

years while... Their world-wide production numbers went from the 5-10% range to 90+% after our invasion... Never gets talked about, does it...?

Re: Y’all ready to pick sides and dig in heels?

Jun 30, 2020, 8:21 AM

This story and the WH denial are indefensible, so you won’t likely get much play from the Trump folks. I hadn’t heard about Dev Gru finding half a million in USD during a raid, that’s an interesting story.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Y’all ready to pick sides and dig in heels?

Jun 30, 2020, 8:26 AM

These are the same morons that rationalized Russia interfering in US elections. I'm expecting more of the same.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, and they’re the same morons who said

Jun 30, 2020, 8:30 AM

"When you were asked, what's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said 'Russia.' Not Al-Qaeda; you said Russia, and, the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back, because, the Cold War's been over for 20 years."

You guys are such drama queens it’s hilarious

Jun 30, 2020, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Y’all ready to pick sides and dig in heels? ]

The “support the troops” party has had some strange takes

Jun 30, 2020, 8:35 AM

lately.

Re: The “support the troops” party has had some strange takes

Jun 30, 2020, 9:13 AM

No, I’m just talking about making moral equivalencies on the

Jun 30, 2020, 9:22 AM

actions of the US and Russia. It’s an odd pivot from the GOP I grew up with.

Re: No, I’m just talking about making moral equivalencies on the

Jun 30, 2020, 9:25 AM

Yup, these are the ones.***

Jun 30, 2020, 8:41 AM [ in reply to You guys are such drama queens it’s hilarious ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a non story...

Jun 30, 2020, 8:28 AM

Not very interesting or significant.

I'm glad the POTUS wants to bring our troops home***

Jun 30, 2020, 8:29 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Agreed. Best thing about his presidency.***

Jun 30, 2020, 12:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couple of questions

Jun 30, 2020, 8:33 AM

1. Is that considered an act of war?
2. Assuming this made it to the president’s desk, what’s the reaction?
3. Could the military have taken action on this without the president’s blessing?

That’s pretty effed if true that Russia was offering bounties on our soldiers. I guess I’m just trying to figure out how we are/were supposed to respond.

Pushing for them to be readmitted to the G7 is a novel

Jun 30, 2020, 8:34 AM

approach.

Fair, I’m not picking a side and diggin my heels in

Jun 30, 2020, 8:38 AM

I’m truly just trying to understand the situation

Yeah wasn’t saying you were. I don’t really know the answers

Jun 30, 2020, 8:41 AM

to those questions. Listening to the ones that do presents varying answers and assessments.

Apparently the Cold War never ended.

The Saints got away with bounties...

Jun 30, 2020, 8:45 AM

All's fair in love, war and sports...

dummy

Jun 30, 2020, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Couple of questions ]

it's always the opposite of whatever Trump did or did not do.

Let me see.

Jun 30, 2020, 8:56 AM

Shall we pick the same side which pushed the Russia/Trump hoax for nearly three years and still believe the truth because of the hate in their evil hearts?

The side which remains silent while rioter destroy cities, arsons burn the property after stealing millions of dollars worth of goods and murder the innocent?

Shall we choose to side with those who just can't bring themselves to condemn the riotous crowds who carry the Black Power symbol, likenesses of Che Guevara and Karl Marx?

The side of those who want to take instead of earn?

I have mixed feelings so I'm considering the options.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CT88 is ready!***

Jun 30, 2020, 8:59 AM

Re: CT88 is ready!***

Jun 30, 2020, 9:00 AM

A glorious deflection.

Did I leave something out.

Jun 30, 2020, 9:11 AM

I addressed the question then directly responded with my answer. This is going to be a tough one to decided.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The stubborn white men who continue their adoration of DJT

Jun 30, 2020, 9:15 AM

would stand still in a train tunnel, watching the light come straight at them, feel the tracks rumbling and hear the whistle blowing.They would have this conversation...

White Man #1 (WM1) - You worried about ANTFA and BLM?
White Man #2 (WM2) - Nope commie ######## ain’t taking over my ‘Merica, got my gun right here.
WM1 - You worried about that Kung flue virus thing?
WM2 - Nope, it’s a Liberal Democratic plot, got my gun right here.
WM1 - You worried about the economy tanking?
WM2 - Nope it’s fake news, got my gun right here.
WM1 - Do you believe all this talk about Trump and the Russians?
WM2 - Nope just, just some Obama and Hillery BS, got my gun right here.
WM1 - You worried about that train doing 100 mph headed straight at us?
WM2 - What train?
WM1 - That f’ing train!
WM2 - Crap left my gun in my truck console. Guess we outta luck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess "right" created caricatures are as frustraing as

"left" created caricature.

skeptical of biased, chronically incorrect, agenda-driven media does not equal adoration for DJT

If I was a cartoonist, it would be fun depicting both sides

Jun 30, 2020, 9:32 AM

The real question is whether any post in the Lunge has ever changed anyone’s opinion, ever.

Likely not, so at least get some entertainment value out of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is true

Jun 30, 2020, 9:41 AM

But I’ve also had some very good exchanges that have made me look at things differently.

The entertainment value comes from the....

Look Trump!
But Biden!
But Trump!
But Obama!
But Bush!

Nor does supporting much of Trump's agenda and

Jun 30, 2020, 10:00 AM [ in reply to I guess "right" created caricatures are as frustraing as ]

opposing liberal democrat politicians = adoration of DJT.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I've seen this dog and pony show somewhere before.

Jun 30, 2020, 10:10 AM [ in reply to The stubborn white men who continue their adoration of DJT ]

Let me think... ...was it 2016 when the MSM/DNC/Hillary had that George Jefferson strut, boasting of a double digit lead in the polls sure that everyone believed that Trump is racist and that seals the deal?

Yep, that's exactly how it happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do8yfcNDVJQ

If only Obama were still here

Jun 30, 2020, 9:20 AM

Re: If only Obama were still here

Is that worse than pretending you never heard it?

Both accomplish the same thing

Jun 30, 2020, 9:30 AM

Re: Both accomplish the same thing

Jun 30, 2020, 9:35 AM

I fundamentally disagree. Even just speaking out and saying “this is ###### up and I’m going to do something about it” sends a message that tells the boys in uniform and their families that you have their back. In fact, what you mocked in your post is exactly what I’d like to see Trump do. It’s what I expect out of the POTUS.

Pretending you never got the briefing? It’s a ########### puss move. What other message does it send?

I agree with you if it is indeed true.

Jun 30, 2020, 9:38 AM

More troubling are the optics of 3 months of unrecorded conversations with Putin. Again, if true.

And the fact that you are taking a “wait and see” approach

Jun 30, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Both accomplish the same thing ]

equates to “adoring Donald Trump.” Because it is such an unreasonable position to be skeptical of the press after 3 1/2 years of this.

Heck, I have a “Fatal Attraction” TDer following me around because his feelings are hurt that I won’t make some kind of public statement denouncing Trump.

after he appoligized for

Jun 30, 2020, 9:42 AM [ in reply to If only Obama were still here ]

something

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Predictable responses.

Jun 30, 2020, 10:30 AM

At this point, there are people on this board who put Trump before country. People who probably once claimed that everyone should "support the troops". Here you have deflection, denial, sarcastic comments. I think one person yesterday or Sunday even made the argument of, "the soldiers knew what they signed up for." Nice.

Obed's post was funny, though.

For the rest of em still blindly defending Trump over this--and not even giving it one second to wonder if it is true and how bad this could be--not only can they not call themselves conservatives, they barely can call themselves Americans.

All their lives, they've wanted a demagogue they could worship. Now they have one.

I wonder if one day, years down the road, they'll realize how evil this man was and how foolish it was to blindly support him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You’re really one whiny biotch

Jun 30, 2020, 10:58 AM

#2 is the bait...

Jun 30, 2020, 11:12 AM

check it

Re: You’re really one whiny biotch

Jun 30, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to You’re really one whiny biotch ]

Hate to remind you, but you're the one who wants to fight people and then complain to the mods when someone hurts your feelings.

I know it stings, but when you've chosen a man over country because you've always wanted an authoritarian demagogue, you cease being a conservative or someone who stands for America.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Ooooooh it stings it stings!!!!

Jun 30, 2020, 2:21 PM

We really don't know what happened though

Jun 30, 2020, 10:50 AM

He may have called Putin and ripped him over it. He may have put a bounty on Russian soldiers amongst private mercenaries. But, if it comes out he knew and did nothing... it's a big deal. To pretend otherwise is ridiculous. Really goes to show how dug in both sides are. Repubs will defend him even if he did nothing about it. Dems are ready to crucify him before facts even come out, and won't believe any facts that don't support this claim. Welcome to Murica 2020.

Obama faced a similar situation in 2010 and did nothing.

Jul 1, 2020, 2:05 AM

Well, actually six years later he authorized payment of $1.7 billion to the offending party (Iran).

This thread is A+***

Jun 30, 2020, 11:10 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is the + equivalent to 'ssbite'...? Left, Right, Left, Right***

Jun 30, 2020, 10:13 PM

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic