Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is what’s wrong with America
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1,888

This is what’s wrong with America

Jan 15, 2018, 10:13 PM

Teacher takes his belt off to stop students from acting like a bunch of monkeys and he gets turned over to law enforcement....

https://youtu.be/4_cLHAZXuIE

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3087962/Washington-DC-area-substitute-teacher-yanked-classroom-video-emerges-BEATING-terrified-students-BELT.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is what’s wrong with America

Jan 15, 2018, 10:20 PM

He should have gotten a raise!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...

Jan 15, 2018, 10:37 PM

you're saying what's wrong with America is that we stopped literally whipping children?

Only in part.

Jan 16, 2018, 12:37 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sad because a teacher is doing it.

Jan 15, 2018, 11:57 PM

Should be done at home like so much they have to do in schools now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but teachers should have full authority to do what

Jan 16, 2018, 12:41 AM

ever is necessary to maintain order in their classrooms.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

only time a belt is needed to keep order is to keep pants up***

Jan 16, 2018, 12:55 AM

You think you've got all the answers?

Jan 16, 2018, 10:43 AM

THEN WHAT ABOUT SUSPENDERS, PAL? WHY ARE YOU COMPLETELY DISCOUNTING SUSPENDERS?!!?!?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you have a child?

Jan 16, 2018, 5:09 AM

Ok if it were your child hit by another adult with a belt?

Were those belt blows to the head? Sure looks like at least 1 and maybe 2 are.

Monkeys? Gtfo with that #### you ####### ######. The nazi-era germany board is elsewhere.

After watching that vertically recorded video

Jan 16, 2018, 7:54 AM

and seeing the situation, yes it would be ok for the teacher to whoop my kid with the belt. and when my kid gets home Imma have the teacher waiting on them at the house to whoop em some more.

And those weak ### whips to the head. Come on man. He should've been whooping whoever was recording the video vertically.

I would throw this whole case out if that were the evidence presented to me.

Yookay. Good enough. I for one am uninterested in

Jan 16, 2018, 8:22 AM

empowering gumment employees to decide how/when/if to hit my child, and to be the decision maker around amount of force to use when delivering blows to my child's head.

Now I'mma go one and assume that you are assuming that the teacher has already tried to pull them apart and was unable. Called the school resource officer and he/she didn't respond. And also asked for help from adjacent teachers. At that point you are ok with swinging #### at a 12/13/14 year old's head, and I guess that's our gap.

Or are you cool with just straight belt swings to the dome on the early/pre-teens?

To be clear, the celly recorder should be put in the electric chair though.

The problem is...

Jan 16, 2018, 8:41 AM

It probably won't happen at home. I wouldn't want a substitute whipping my child... a teacher I knew and trusted. Yep.

I remember them having to call to get permission to paddle. I think my mom's response once was a little laughter 'it won't matter, his dad will do worse when he gets home.'

I know kids who there threatened with paddling in school

Jan 16, 2018, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Yookay. Good enough. I for one am uninterested in ]

and I know kids who got paddled in school.

And let me know you, I never saw kids act up in class the way those monkeys were.

Re: Do you have a child?

Jan 16, 2018, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Do you have a child? ]

I would go to her house and beat her with a belt if she did that to my kid.

Let me know the issue and I will take care of it myself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a teacher, I'm not touching your child

Jan 16, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Do you have a child? ]

if you want to come up here and lay a beat down on your kid, go ahead as long as I don't see it.

Seen the uncle of one of my players beat the #### out of the kid until I could get there. Right before a game too. Come to find out the kid was physically beating up his grandma who he lived with (this guy's mother). I told him to take it off campus and do what he had to do. Kid didn't come back to school for a week. wrecked.

As a parent, don't touch my kids. Call me and I will handle it myself.

And yes I spank my daughter when she needs it. She's 4. She got one last night for being a little #### with an attitude like her mother.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Steve's scok is a front, we get it.***

Jan 16, 2018, 10:38 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

GTFO here with your racist goggles

Jan 16, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Do you have a child? ]

Society has taught you that when someone calls someone else a monkey, it only has to do with their skin color and you have bought into it like a weak minded sheep.

When someone is acting like an animal, you call them as such. And if you find offense with that, then you're off in believing humans aren't animals in the first place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why monkey then?

Jan 16, 2018, 10:43 AM

Why not any other of the million species of animals?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other acceptable options per Crulez:

Jan 16, 2018, 11:01 AM

Coon?
Tar Baby?
Jiggaboo?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only one of those are animals.

Jan 16, 2018, 11:20 AM

Raccoons are shifty and theifs... not applicable here.

SHUT UP, YOU NORTHERN HAIRY-NOSED WOMBAT.***

Jan 16, 2018, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Why monkey then? ]

Lol. Just calling it the way I see it, without agenda.

Jan 16, 2018, 10:57 AM [ in reply to GTFO here with your racist goggles ]

Good effort though with your strongly worded post.

I'd also say that in today's society, some are taught to defend overtly racist comments as non-racist and have bought into that like weak minded sheep as well.

I would agree that when someone is acting like an animal you call them as such. No issue with that whatsoever.

To choose MONKEY among the literal thousands of different species, fully knowing it is commonly and unfortunately frequently associated with racism as it relates to describing black people....there is no defending that.

Pretty sure you are an educated guy. You're better than this. I hope you are.

I THINK YOU'RE BEING A COMPLETE PYGMY THREE-TOED SLOTH

Jan 16, 2018, 11:04 AM

RIGHT NOW.

It appears someone's got hold of a book on odd animals.***

Jan 16, 2018, 11:23 AM

Hey!

Jan 16, 2018, 11:41 AM

There's absolutely no need to be a Northern Bald Ibis, you know.

Re: This is what’s wrong with America

Jan 16, 2018, 6:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they wouldn't have had to use their belt

Jan 16, 2018, 7:44 AM

If they'd been allowed to carry a gun like some folks out there want them to do.
Good grief

Also- a substitute is NOT a teacher.

Seriously-
Students hurting each other in a fight and me not being able to stop it was my biggest fear back when I was teaching.
I was lucky I never had to break up more than a 1-1 fight.

How many different people spanked you when you were a kid?

Jan 16, 2018, 8:39 AM

me:
mom
dad
both grandmothers
one grandpa
two different principals
one coach/teacher (lady principal at one school designated it to the coach)
(and this doesn't count getting popped with a ruler, which happened also)

so - 8. Anybody top that?

And by the way, I have never been arrested, done any type drug, got in a fistfight, or mistreated another human being as an adult. I attribute that to proper discipline as a child, and I thank each person who applied it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many different people spanked you when you were a kid?

Jan 16, 2018, 8:44 AM

Mom
Dad
Nannie mom's mom
Pop dad's dad
Principal
Uncle
I'm trying to remember if a neighbor did or not. I think I recall my mom telling a story about it but I think it was my brother.

You can tell who the kids who don't get spanked are

Jan 16, 2018, 9:30 AM [ in reply to How many different people spanked you when you were a kid? ]

They're the ones acting horribly in public while their parents try to negotiate with them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only regret that I have but two thumbs to give to this

Jan 16, 2018, 9:46 AM

poast

I've seen that often, but...

Jan 16, 2018, 10:33 AM [ in reply to You can tell who the kids who don't get spanked are ]

I've also seen kids act horribly get popped by their parents in public, cry, then continue acting horribly. I've also seen parents verbally "spank" their kids which didn't work either.

I don't have kids so I can't say what these parents should do and I know it must be tough for them, but from my own observations, spanking (physically or verbally) doesn't seem to work to treat the behavior any better than not spanking.

If spanking doesn't work any better than not hitting I have to side on the argument of not hitting a child. But that's me.

They aren't hitting hard enough***

Jan 16, 2018, 10:34 AM

Spanking doesn't always work.

Jan 16, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to I've seen that often, but... ]

Selling a child to Somalian pirates ALWAYS works.

What is verbal spanking? Screaming at them?

Jan 16, 2018, 10:48 AM [ in reply to I've seen that often, but... ]

No, that doesn't seem to work, that's what my neighbors wife does and it's just obnoxious to everyone around. I never feared being popped, but I did fear my dad coming home and whipping dat ###. But that was also usually coupled with a tremendous restriction of privileges, so I wouldn't say it's an end all solution to bad behavior, but it's not some completely unnecessary abuse either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you obviously dont have any aunts and uncles

Jan 16, 2018, 9:43 AM [ in reply to How many different people spanked you when you were a kid? ]

me:

mom
dad
aunt
uncle
aunt#2
granny
grandma
grammar school principal
first grade teacher
second grade teacher
third grad teacher
fifth grade teacher
7th grade teacher
high school Principal in 12th grade
coach

Hmmmm slow learner

Jan 16, 2018, 9:54 AM

(Just kidding)

I was threatened a few times but never hit

Jan 16, 2018, 10:38 AM [ in reply to How many different people spanked you when you were a kid? ]

"And by the way, I have never been arrested, done any type drug, got in a fistfight, or mistreated another human being as an adult. I attribute that to proper discipline as a child, and I thank each person who applied it."

Same with me. Not sure what this proves...

Swinging a belt at these kids is NOT the way to go about

Jan 16, 2018, 9:57 AM

stopping these kids from fighting. These kids today are different, and they require a little more specialized handling. You know, like a Frank Howard throat punch to calm them down, and then breaking a few bones by stomping on their hands with hobnail jackboots. For an ongoing subtle reminder, I mean.

Lot going on ... but not really that big a deal.

Jan 16, 2018, 10:14 AM

1st - no real child abuse. No criminal activity.
2nd - likely better standard protocols for breaking up fights. Was this substitute trained?
3rd - discipline at home? Maybe lacking - maybe come from a abusive home environment and that is why kids are prone to physical violence?
4th - Not opposed to corporal punishment when applied in controlled and limited manner

excellent word choice, do you do marketing at H and M?***

Jan 16, 2018, 10:24 AM

I have faith in the future though.

Jan 16, 2018, 10:39 AM

We're in good hands.

Seems perfectly reasonable.***

Jan 16, 2018, 10:47 AM

I think it varies on the kid whether spanking works.

Jan 16, 2018, 11:05 AM

It didn't work on me. I would rebel way harder. I did best when I lost possessions or privileges. My step Dad used to be go the spanking route pretty quickly, and when I was about 11 I shot every window and tail light out of his car in revenge. After I did that I went in my backyard and poured numerous quarts of oil down the exhaust pipe of the tractor building the pool. I am pretty sure that tractor was destroyed. I was shipped of to live with my real Dad for a year after that. Shockingly my stepdad and I never really ever got along again. He always thought hitting was the solution for everything though.

How much yard time do you get in San Quinton?***

Jan 16, 2018, 11:06 AM

My punishment was losing a year in the town I loved..

Jan 16, 2018, 11:15 AM

with all of my other relatives and friends on the beach, and then being shipped off in a bus alone to Arizona to my real Dad's and then wishing I was home. I am sure I could have been sent to some juvenile center. The punishment I got worked just fine.

Forgot to add. My stepdad used to hit my Mom as well.

Jan 16, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to How much yard time do you get in San Quinton?*** ]

I wasn't a fan.

Wow.

Jan 16, 2018, 11:09 AM [ in reply to I think it varies on the kid whether spanking works. ]

Sounds like you were quite the Cuban Greater Funnel-Eared Bat as a kid.

I was an angel compared to my brother too.*****

Jan 16, 2018, 11:17 AM

Somewhat of a Nelson's Small-Eared Shrew, I bet.***

Jan 16, 2018, 11:42 AM

I don't much about that creature*****

Jan 16, 2018, 11:50 AM

Replies: 50
| visibility 1,888