Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is what concerns me about Saturday the most...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

This is what concerns me about Saturday the most...

Nov 26, 2013, 11:07 AM

their OL vs. our OL. I think our DL is good and so is theirs. But they appear to have a significant advantage at OL, based on what I've seen. This, combined with the fact that the primary deciding factor the last four years, IMO, has been the line of scrimmage (they've won it) is what worries me the most about this game. I know people get caught up with comparing skill players and such, but we can't perform at the line of scrimmage like we have the last few years against them and expect to have a good chance to win.

Hope our line makes me eat my concerns. Oh, how do I hope.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is what concerns me about Saturday the most...

Nov 26, 2013, 11:17 AM

our solution to the OL always seems to be to sign several more w/r's. WTH? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2013, 11:26 AM

Yeah, gotta be careful with that! I've suggested for two years that Dabo's solution for a less than mediocre O-line is to go sign another couple of 5 star QBs or WRs! Questioning this type of recruiting will get you called all kinds of names on this board by the legions of Dabophiles here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2013, 11:31 AM

Go look at Alabama's offensive line. One of the best in the nation and look what Saban has done there. I'd rather have the best offensive line in the country with a mediocre quarterback than Tajh Boyd and a below average offensive line.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yea .. he just ignores OL recruits. C'mon man !!!!! yes

Nov 26, 2013, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: This is what concerns me about Saturday the most... ]

we need to get better on OL, but it sure aint because they aren't trying to sign better ones.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yea .. he just ignores OL recruits. C'mon man !!!!! yes

Nov 26, 2013, 11:46 AM

we sign minimal numbers never backfill when one leaves unexpectedly which has happened twice recently with ones we count on to play. and for all our player development staff we have no one walk on and develop like a Tommy Sharpe. it may be an area of emphasis but it isnt paying off if it is. Nebraska routinely has a started come through their walk on program

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yea .. he just ignores OL recruits. C'mon man !!!!! yes

Nov 26, 2013, 11:56 AM

Phillip Price says hi...

Nov 26, 2013, 11:17 AM

All over it! In fact, our OL has been the Achilles heel for our program for a long time. Our OL must play its best game this week, and not just against Clowney, to win this game. I think if we get a good lead from the get go and don't change our game plan by slowing down, we can win this game going away. Once we back off, it gives them the chance to get back in it, and a close game works in their favor with their redneck, rowdy, low class crowd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2013, 11:18 AM

I posted this earlier. Our Oline will determine the outcome of this game. We don't have a very good line. We're ranked like 110th in tackles for loss allowed and 95th in sacks allowed.

When we've played teams with good Dlines, we've struggled. NC State, BC, and Florida State's Dline are all ranked in the top 25 as far as tackles for loss goes.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2013, 11:43 AM

If we can contain Shaw and make him a pocket passer we will win. If he starts making big plays with his legs we might be in trouble.

Nov 26, 2013, 11:41 AM

I want Clemson to be competitive with any team in the nation, any time we play. We will never do that until we have good lines on both sides of the ball. Look at Stanford... great lines. Stanford for goodness sake. Stanford can do it, but we whine we can't because we can't get the top recruits. I ain't buying it.

LOS was not the deciding factor last yr. It was coverage,

Nov 26, 2013, 11:57 AM

and our lack of it on many 3rd downs.

LOS play was pretty close to a stalemate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mulletts, spit, and tetanus.***

Nov 26, 2013, 11:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

There are ways to

Nov 26, 2013, 12:00 PM

offset their agressiveness if they are winning that battle. Screens, quick passes that allow Tajh to get the ball out quickly, draws, misdirection plays. Also throw deep to make them respect that and not crowd the box. Spread them out and make them cover the whole field. Chad has to have his best day calling the right plays and keeping them off-balance. Not sure running right at them is the way to attack them.

Nov 26, 2013, 12:03 PM

I think this year you will see the line of scrimmage re established a few yards in their backfield. I think our guys up front get it done on both sides of the ball. I think one key element to this game is that we need a good 8-10 play drive to start out getting lots of first downs and keeping their D on the field. We don't need to score quickly and let their D get off the field right away. Later on I hope it will lead to us scoring quickly because they will be sucking wind.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our OL will not face their OL on Sat****

Nov 26, 2013, 12:04 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic