Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is the first and last thing I'll say about KB......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

This is the first and last thing I'll say about KB......

Sep 27, 2018, 2:26 AM

I wish him well and hope he finds what ever it is he is looking for. Bryant wasn't getting drafted to play QB but even Stoudt got an NFL camp invite so KB losing his starting job wasn't the end of the world. Bryant had more chance than anyone to put a stranglehold on the QB1 spot and didn't do it. This isn't about KB losing the job yet TL winning it. It's a slap in the face when you can't handle coming off the bench but it was okay when someone else was as long as it wasn't you. Nobody on this team was recruited to come play with KB. They were recruited to play with DW4 and TL but nobody was recruited by saying you can come play with a great QB like Kelly Bryant. So while he has friends and I'm sure those friends are sad the older guys were DW4 guys and the new guys are TL guys none were KB guys. I know thats harsh but thats the truth. Tee Higgins and Amari Rodgers and others in their class were Hunter Johnson guys. Dabo's loyalty is to the team and I can't imagine to have 100 kids that you have to try and make happy individually but also make happy as a team. Not just Dabo but all coaches. It's probably the toughest part of the job, well I'm not going to say all coaches because I'm sure there are some that just don't give a crud how their players feel. Anyways I hope KB the best but I thought his action today were childish by taking a swipe at Clemson and the coaches and he obviously wasn't the leader we all thought he was. Leaders lead in the darkest times and the thing is is I think his best chance at sticking with football after college is through coaching but I don't know if it will ever be at Clemson under Dabo. Anyways thats all, just wanted to get my first and last KB comment out. Let's go Tigers beat the H-E-double hockey sticks out of Syracuse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is the first and last thing I'll say about KB......

Sep 27, 2018, 5:40 AM

I agree with you but still a little torn. KB was a solid senior and a leader in the locker room, however he does not have the skills that will get us past elite defenses. You want to honor seniors and upper classmen but the best man should get the job IMO. But man I'm a little conflicted on this one. TL has all the potential in the world and can become a world beater. But don't matter his arm strength, size or athleticism he's still a freshman and will clam up eventually; not his fault just comes with youth. KB staying and mentoring and motivating would have help big time. Be sides his departure puts more pressure on TL. (you can say it doesn't but it does) 4 QB's gone and then there was TL. Pray he doesn't get hurt .

Also how will this be viewed by recruits? It's kind of hard to commit to a University when you can lose your job year in and year out. Please don't get me wrong all players compete in the spring, but it's not a good look when a Frosh takes a senior gig on any level.

However were all in and I wish KB luck and TL much success in the future!

Was he a leader in the locker room?

Sep 27, 2018, 5:57 AM

Obviously, I don't know. But if he was he probably would have acted differently on the sidelines when TL was in the game and he probably wouldn't have made the comments he made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was he a leader in the locker room?

Sep 27, 2018, 5:59 AM

He is not the leader I thought... clearly young. Needs to learn and grow and be committed to his boys (Like Hurts) and hence I respect him but dont have to agree...

Dance in that locker room boys! Beat Cuse! Crush their screen!

GO TIGERS

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic