Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson SID to concentrate solely on football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson SID to concentrate solely on football

Jul 19, 2013, 10:41 AM

Clemson SID to concentrate solely on football

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson SID to concentrate soley on football

Jul 19, 2013, 10:47 AM

So he's been SID for 23 Years running a top 10 Department during that time and his only strength is "encyclopedic knowledge" of the football program?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Your emotions always come out in your work.

Jul 19, 2013, 10:58 AM

He didn't say 'only.'

Woah, now. I'm just being honest here. I really appreciate your writing and I'm questioning the decision too. I'm thinking having possibly the only man on the planet who's capable of doing the job and a quality individual focused just on football might be an asset.

I'm wondering if he wasn't all in with this move and not considering it a demotion at all. Perhaps the demand created by expanding the athletic department has more to do with this than having a new guy come in and shake things up just to show everybody who's boss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your emotions always come out in your work.

Jul 19, 2013, 11:11 AM

You're right. I'm a bit flabergausted and I want better answers. (I don't deserve better answers mind you ;) ) but the part of my statement is that Tim has Encyclopedic knowledge of every program, not just football. And also its not emotional to read DRad's well crafted statement according to what he means. He feels Tim is no longer qualified to be the SID.

Also it was just as stated. A question I would love to ask him for further clarification. Because his answer is insufficient to me. (again, not that I alone deserve and answer)But I would really love to know what his search qualifications are and which of those Tim Doesn't meet.

You are correct in that I'm basing the assumption that Tim doesn't want to be demoted on the insider report from another website. So if Tim comes out and says he wants this without using company line speak then the issue will be put to rest.

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

I fall into the trap...

Jul 19, 2013, 12:53 PM

of believing that my need generates obligation in others so I'd like to know more about this myself. I suspect rolling over is about all we've got for this situation.

I hope we don't grow into one of those schools that loses it's allegiance to it's faithful employees. That's one of the reasons I respect VT for continuing to respect Frank.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't like your work without your emotions being mixed in. You have a nice way of sprinkling them in the mix without corrupting the facts. +1 to you.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you 100%.

Jul 19, 2013, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Your emotions always come out in your work. ]

Do you think he wants to push our players more thus letting Tim have football only? I still would like Tim handling all of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2013, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson SID to concentrate soley on football ]

As a person in this industry, I can tell you that the Clemson Sports Info department is viewed as a joke. Way behind the times and they only hire from within, therefore not bringing any outside ideas in. That's great if he's a Clemson encyclopedia, but how does that help with recruiting/raising money?

And Rad knows that Tim is stuck

Jul 20, 2013, 11:38 AM

He will never get another position as an SID at any top50 athletic department. This is a "take it or leave it" offer. Clemson, like many AD mostly hire from within or hire back graduate students that leave. What's the old saying...to get promoted you have to leave and then come back.

There are plenty of guys working in that department that would love to see Tim leave/retire or probably be forced out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Jul 19, 2013, 10:54 AM

fist no Occulus and now this. Ranking Rad right up there with Swoff on my list. Hint- it's not the good list.I

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope David Hood doesn't do another bubblebusting story.***

Jul 19, 2013, 10:59 AM

Jul 19, 2013, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson SID to concentrate soley on football ]

I think they need to go the direction of the NFL and MLB sites and have a "beat" writer for Clemson sports. Those teams are benefiting from that, and clemsontigers.com could get a lot of traffic that way.
Oregon recently hired a writer to do the same. The athletics department is missing out on some page views, and advertising $$, without doing that.

I don't know what all the whining is about

Jul 19, 2013, 11:04 AM

For all we know, this was a good move on both ends. The guy knows more stats and Clemson football history than anyone I've ever talked to. Now he can do this all day without worrying about Women's Basketball, Rowing, and Underwater Basketweaving.

Probably a good idea.***

Jul 19, 2013, 11:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2013, 11:16 AM

IMO, a demotion for the best SID in the business.
Our AD has a list of outsiders that he is going to hire from and put whoever over the entire SID including Bourett.
I can't believe TB is in favor of this. A bad move for Clemson University!

Ken

Jul 19, 2013, 11:27 AM

TB?? Did you mean JB perhaps (who is now a short timer)?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2013, 12:16 PM

No I mean Tim B. = TB, Not Tommy B.

Ken

Jul 19, 2013, 12:22 PM

Oh sorry. D'oh to me. Cant believe I missed that

The answer lies in his salary. If he lost money, then it was

Jul 19, 2013, 11:20 AM

a demotion and probably consisted of views only reflected by DRad. If his pay is the same then both parties probably agreed on the move. Tim is one of the best in the business so I find it hard to believe he would deserve a move like this without having a little say in the matter.

Yeah, I seriously doubt they cut his pay

Jul 19, 2013, 12:47 PM

This sounds like a good move, as long as they didn't dock him. Football is his favorite and his strength.

I believe this is more about specializing and expanding.

Jul 19, 2013, 11:32 AM

Dabo just added the guy for Recruiting Coordinator. That was probably a move to give Jeff Scott more time to concentrate on his receivers and more down time with his family. We're not as voluminous as an Alabama with all these behind the scene positions, but there's only so much time these guys can give and stretching things 'thin' isn't the way to go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is spot on

Jul 19, 2013, 12:47 PM

Let's put the pitchforks away.

Thanx and +1 for the "underwater basketweaving".***

Jul 19, 2013, 1:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His job ought to include instructions for broadcasters on

Jul 19, 2013, 11:34 AM

how to properly pronounce 'Klimpson' or at least just not say it with a Z.

All announcers who say it wrong should be kicked on their way out of the stadium.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His job ought to include instructions for broadcasters on

Jul 19, 2013, 11:37 AM

I'll bet if he gets an interview during a game they will get his name right. I suspect he is more concerned with that

...Assaulted while broadcasting.***

Jul 19, 2013, 11:37 AM [ in reply to His job ought to include instructions for broadcasters on ]

and get a NEW friggin' Clemson Flagship Station!!!!!!!!***

Jul 19, 2013, 11:39 AM [ in reply to His job ought to include instructions for broadcasters on ]

I suspect that might happen.***

Jul 19, 2013, 5:13 PM

from what I read all Tim needs to do is get a twtter account

Jul 19, 2013, 11:38 AM

lol.....just trying to lighten the mood on a very serious subject (forgive me)

Glad to hear, since it's the only sport that matters. ***

Jul 19, 2013, 5:26 PM

nm

Encyclopedias are out, Wikipedia is in***

Jul 19, 2013, 6:03 PM

With a football program apparently on the rise with

Jul 19, 2013, 9:45 PM

potential for a run at the ACC title and a NC, plus potential candidates for the Heisman, I'd want one of the best at the helm promoting both the program and our Heisman contenders.

Tim might just fit the bill to wage a national campaign for our program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO, this is one position where changes are not needed

Jul 19, 2013, 10:42 PM

Tim Bourret is a major asset based on his vast knowledge in ALL Clemson sports.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic