Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Argh, technology.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 242

Argh, technology.

Aug 19, 2019, 10:45 AM

I have a driver's license and birth certificate printed in my file. The SCDL is fuzzy and I know it's not the person on the birth certificate, so I wanted to call the person back and get them to resend it. Well, I wasted like 15 minutes trying to figure out who the #### was on the ID, and how I received it. Finally figured out it came in via fax and by process of elimination who it was from. Shouldn't have tossed the cover page. I get stuff via email, text messages, fax, and regular mail all the time. Snapchat, WhatsApp, Skype. It's all so confusing sometimes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is some post-Aero level stuff here***

Aug 19, 2019, 10:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You ain't lyin'***

Aug 19, 2019, 10:51 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I started doing this line of work

Aug 19, 2019, 10:59 AM [ in reply to This is some post-Aero level stuff here*** ]

Almost everything came through via fax. We also had email, but that was only used for text as most people didn't have scanners. Cell phones were big and didn't have cameras or internet. And that was it other than snail mail.

Well, today I have about 20 different ways I receive documents and messages. Oh, and then you have the encrypted insurance carrier email websites where you get an email, but it's not in your inbox but a link (that EXPIRES) in your email. Then you have a username and password for those. PITA to save those emails too.

As long as I print them up and they're clear, all is good. But today I get stuff from text messages, email, fax, snail mail, not to mention other apps. I try and save everything that comes into my phone in an encrypted folder, even after I delete the text message where the document was sent. Didn't have it saved on my phone. Didn't find a text message. Scoured my email and nothing there. Finally figured out who sent it by process of elimination. And the fax was forwarded to me via email without a tag I could find,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol work***

Aug 19, 2019, 10:55 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 242
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic