Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UNC at Clemson - What's at Stake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1,936

UNC at Clemson - What's at Stake

Feb 28, 2013, 6:06 AM

If Clemson wants to keep one of the more impressive streaks in the ACC active, they need to win out, which means tonight
's game against the Tarholes is a must win:

http://www.thetigerswag.com/2013/02/clemson-in-acc-streak.html

Also, we predicted this Tiger basketball team to pull off at least one major upset this season, and well, we're running out of games, so we're calling for tonight to be the night!

http://www.thetigerswag.com/2013/01/13-predictions-for-2013.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saying it's a 23 year streak is misleading and making up

Feb 28, 2013, 7:11 AM

your own stats. 4 years of going .500 or better in conference play is not worth writing an article about.

Re: Saying it's a 23 year streak is misleading and making up

Feb 28, 2013, 8:10 AM

Odds are Clemson won't get to 9-9 to keep the streak alive, and by not doing so, they no longer have current streaks in all three sports. That's pretty significant.

Also, only Clemson and Duke have five straight years of being .500 or better. That too is significant - and probably coming to an end.

Let's celebrate what this team has accomplished - and what it still can - rather than look down on it.

Nothing is at stake...***

Feb 28, 2013, 7:53 AM

^^^This***

Feb 28, 2013, 8:12 AM

Fairly obvious you don't live in North Carolina....

Feb 28, 2013, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Nothing is at stake...*** ]

Anytime we face the Fighting Nancy Boys, there's something at stake.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, when I have to venture out of the confines of my

Feb 28, 2013, 9:09 AM

friendly home, and out on the streets of Charlotte, I have to hear it from the legions of tarhole fans, who MAYBE 2 out of every 10 actually attended the school. They are not fun to live near.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Like the office full of sweater vest wearing people here

Feb 28, 2013, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Fairly obvious you don't live in North Carolina.... ]

Do those things come with season tickets? Does everyone get a pair of glasses like Roy's wife's that he wears ?

I give them credit for the program they have but if you only say Go Heels from February to April, well you are a sweater wearing, wife's glasses UNC-Chapel Hill is in Orange County free throw shooting non-class attending John Swofford protected girls soccer team pulling sissy.

I'm good now!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC at Clemson - What's at Stake?

Feb 28, 2013, 7:54 AM

Just Tiger pride... just Tiger pride.
Should be enough!!

a 4 beer bet is at stake for me***

Feb 28, 2013, 8:11 AM

This is just confusing to me.

Feb 28, 2013, 8:14 AM

Currently, Clemson is riding a 23 year consecutive streak, across all three sports, of finishing at least .500 in conference play. This includes fourteen straight years in football, five in baseball, and four in basketball.

And if Clemson is unable to win out their last four ACC games, this streak will come to an end.

We were at least .500 in football this year, so how is the streak going to die with basketball (which is only 4 years), and we will be at least .500 in baseball, so how does not doing it in basketball kill whatever made up streak this is?

Or is it some sort of cumulative thing? So next year when we go above .500 in basketball, it will be 1 and our number will be 2 smaller (since football & baseball will add 1).

Sorry, but this seems like a stupid stat...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

seems?***

Feb 28, 2013, 8:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I just be polite?***

Feb 28, 2013, 8:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you were.

sorta.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

try not to derail the young man dsp

Feb 28, 2013, 8:26 AM

he's slow

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i r ashamed...

Feb 28, 2013, 8:34 AM

i r already over it.

;)

Fair question

Feb 28, 2013, 8:21 AM [ in reply to This is just confusing to me. ]

The overall streak would drop from 23 to 18 (lose the 5 years of basketball) - and that would keep Clemson in the top 3-4 in the ACC; however, the fact that Clemson is one of only two schools with multi-year streaks in each of the three sports.

And to me, it's hard to claim to have a streak when it only counts in 2 of the 3 sports. You can do it, but it doesn't carry the same weight...

To me, that's pretty significant (but maybe I'm the only one).

Re: UNC at Clemson - What's at Stake

Feb 28, 2013, 8:19 AM

It means a great deal to those of us who live amongst the tar babies! Especially to me, as I live in Swoffies home town and see his family almost every day. This game is a lot more important than the games we play in Columbia //// to many of us.

I live with the wuffies, we blew our chances.***

Going out on a limb here but

Feb 28, 2013, 8:43 AM

I'm gonna guess that what's at stake tonight is a win over the tarholes!!!

amidoinitright

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Brilliant! You should start your own Clemson blog!***

Feb 28, 2013, 8:45 AM

Hey you!!!

Feb 28, 2013, 9:00 AM

Don't derail my post!!

;)

might as well axe him not to breathe...

Feb 28, 2013, 9:13 AM

if there was a 12-step derailing program, they'd name it after that dude.

We could say we got GWPrailed

Feb 28, 2013, 9:18 AM

wait.....wut?!?!

Is that what LgBtU gets?!?

;)

This stat makes no sense

Feb 28, 2013, 9:10 AM

Honestly, if you're talking consecutive years at .500 or better in Basketball, Football, and Baseball then the number is 4.

If you're talking consecutive years at .500 or better in Basketball, Football, *OR* Baseball then it's at least 14 (the football streak).

This combined streak is an odd, manufactured statistic that says nothing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This stat makes no sense

Feb 28, 2013, 10:12 AM

I can understand the sentiments, but then how do you handle GT or Miami or Duke and their 15+ year streaks?

My thought was to show that even with GT having 18 years or Duke having 17, what Clemson is doing across all three sports trumps that.

Also, even if we only use the minimum of the three, Clemson ties FSU for the best. That too is at stake tonight because I could easily see FSU getting to 9 conference wins, thus keeping their streak alive...

i'm sorry, if we have to manufacture a .500 streak of "23"

Feb 28, 2013, 10:21 AM

years when one of those years we lost to usf to finish at 6-7 overall, i want zero part of it.

why do we have to keep up with duke or gt in this?

I have no problem with taking note of some streaks

Feb 28, 2013, 10:30 AM

And yes, consecutive years of being at or above 500 against your conference foes is something to note.

But to try and string together multiple sports across different time periods and try to count the years, seems odd to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nothing wrong with lauding success when it's due.

Feb 28, 2013, 10:35 AM

everyone has an opinion of that due point, but me, i'd rather get in the boat without the holes.

Re: UNC at Clemson - What's at Stake

Feb 28, 2013, 11:03 AM

So, it's a four year streak...

Replies: 29
| visibility 1,936
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic