Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lets set the record straight here once and for all...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Lets set the record straight here once and for all...

Dec 2, 2013, 2:21 PM

They won the game, it is over and it is what it is but THEY did not beat us, CLEMSON beat us. It wasn't Dabo or Chad or BV, it was CLEMSON. I did not see a single missed tackle, thrown interception or fumble by the coaches and when those things did happen it wasn't like the coaches hadn't taught our boys how to do it correctly, so GET OFF THEIR BACKS....they are the highest paid assistants in the nation and they are pretty #### good at their jobs!!!USC players are not bigger, faster and stronger than us, both schools have rosters full of great athletes. They are not better coached than we are, both teams were well coached and prepared for exactly what the other team threw at each other, and I cannot say that about each of the last 4 previous years, but this year there was no surprise. We shut Davis down, we contained Clown all night long for the most part (he certainly was not a major disruptive force, Vic had more sacks). All you armchair experts (many of whom obviously never even played high school ball) are so quick to blame and question anything that doesn't work... had the pass from Sammy been complete for a TD NOT ONE person would say that was stupid of us to do... THE DUDE WAS WIDEEEEE OPEN, JUST AN UNDERTHROWN BALL BY SAMMY, so it really was a GREAT call, just not great execution. Adam's first fumble came after Bryant was pushed into him in traffic... not bad coaching or superior athletes for USC, just a bad break. In anything in life that is ongoing (annual rivalry game) there are ups and downs and even though we have owned the series they are enjoying an unprecedented "up" right now... not to worry as they will surely fall back to their rightful place beneath us, we will once again collect rent from them and they will have only the memories of when they owned us for 5 straight years. Like him or hate him (WE ALL HATE HIM), Spurrier is a coach who knows how to win games (has turned around every school where he has ever coached) and THANK GOD Shaw is now gone... it was more than a little ironic that they had Tanneyhill at the game Saturday night and for those who do not remember, he beat us both times he played us in Death Valley, and after he left all was right with the world just as it will be again. In the meantime, remember these words of wisdom as you have to deal with the vermin that is Gamecock nation and their miserable and yappy fans: "Weak people REVENGE, Strong people FORGIVE, Intelligent people IGNORE." Do not engage, do not banter and for God's sakes, do not make excuses... congratulate them for the win and recent success and it just KILLS THEM as they don't know how to win with humility, and they DEFINITELY do not know how to lose with class (and you would think with all the practice they have had at loosing they would have learned a little something by now...).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, except for the part where Venables said,

Dec 2, 2013, 2:28 PM

we threw everything at them but the kitchen sink and couldn't stop Shaw. paraphrased

The truth be known all our coaches are rookies at being at the helm. That's not a bad thing. They learn the hard way. That's how I learned, old school. Learn to swim by being thrown in the deep end of the pool.

It's about over. They are maturing as coaches, leaders and masters of strategy. Be patient, we've come a long way and we only have a short way to go to get where we need to be.

I've full confidence in each and every member of our coaching staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, except for the part where Venables said,

Dec 2, 2013, 2:31 PM

yeah not like we didnt know what was coming. I though the BV response there was weak. Very Steele like in fact. zero attempt at DL containment and nonexistent linbackers (his position group).

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The offense committed 6 turnovers and scored 17 points

Dec 2, 2013, 2:34 PM

The defense stopped the USC running game for 3 quarters and got managed a 3 and out to get the ball back after Tajh's fumble. I would say B.V. and the defense did plenty to win the game.

Re: The offense committed 6 turnovers and scored 17 points

Dec 2, 2013, 2:38 PM

Agreed http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14726473

Re: Yeah, except for the part where Venables said,

Dec 2, 2013, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Yeah, except for the part where Venables said, ]

Nice post but they're making 7 figures and that means they need to mature very quickly. The coaching mistakes by Morris and Venables were elementary and inexcusable and if you can't see that, well good luck because it is very, very obvious we got outclassed in the coaching department.l

This is by far the most intelligent post I've seen here

Dec 2, 2013, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Yeah, except for the part where Venables said, ]

It should not be overlooked that we still have a very young coaching staff overall. Venables had a little experience at Oklahoma but he's only in his second year in the system, and look how much better our defense is this year as opposed to last.

Morris is also only about 4 years (don't quote me on that number) removed from being a high school coach. As sharp-minded and knowledgeable as he is, we knew there was going to be more of a learning curve for him. I think him and Swinney will learn to win the big games soon. We've seen glimpses of it, and I believe with the recruiting going the way it is, we'll see more than glimpses of it the next few years.

Give them a little more time.

Re: Lets set the record straight here once and for all...

Dec 2, 2013, 2:34 PM

Very well put.I agree 100%

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I predict maybe 5% of people will read this post.

Dec 2, 2013, 2:35 PM

I am part of the 95%. Learn how to use your return key.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: I predict maybe 5% of people will read this post.

Dec 2, 2013, 2:37 PM

and when using the return key dont fumble it like we did twice

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idk if

Dec 2, 2013, 2:39 PM

I would be as ecstatic about shaw leaving as you guys are.

Dec 2, 2013, 2:42 PM

We went, we played, we lost *****__________it's over with***___prepare at your best, for the next season to start,in a few weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TIGERS !!!!!!!

Dec 2, 2013, 2:48 PM

hey lets not forget we left out points on the field as well. We ran a bone head play on 4th and 1. If we convert that we score 7 more points there and beat you worse. See how that works? You can play the if and buts all you want but the simple fact is the better team won and made plays to cause those TO's.

No son, the better team did not win

Dec 2, 2013, 3:22 PM

The team who capitalized on the mistakes that were made by the better team won, and for that, congrats. The better team shot themselves in the foot, repeatedly, and as a result, we lost. If we were playing the what if we would have beaten you guys by 4 or 5 TD's.

Your D only forced 3 punts all Night. There isn't a Gamecock who played in that game that could tackle Hotrod, and with him running wild our WR's were open. It was only when we had no choice but to pass that you got those 2 late trash picks.

If you take away the points you got from our turnovers plus add the points we gave away from those turnovers we could have easily won by 30 points...

Re: No son, the better team did not win

Dec 2, 2013, 4:26 PM

I guess the Tigers have really been the better team for the past five years, at least in your eyes, huh? If that is true, then the problem must be the lack of preparation and coaching on the Clemson sideline? Can't have it both ways!

Re: No son, the better team did not win

Dec 2, 2013, 5:10 PM [ in reply to No son, the better team did not win ]

How can you be the better team if you make mistakes, isn't that part of being a good team, not making key mistakes?

That's like saying my qb is better than yours, when he doesn't throw interceptions or our kicker is better when he makes his kicks.

But hey, if getting beat by double digits points 5 years in a row makes you better than us I'll take the wins and you take the "we are the better team despite what the facts we can't beat them."

Heck, I would say using that logic maybe your baseball program is better than ours although we have beaten you in the biggest games.

Dec 2, 2013, 4:38 PM

Excuse me. When Hot Rod averaged 8 plus yds per carry and only carried 11 times or so you don't blame the OC for not running more. Really?

You can't even prove that you would have

Dec 2, 2013, 4:46 PM

Score on the drives you turned the ball over. This is an idiotic post. If you do go ahead who's to say our gameplan wouldn't have changed and we would just score again. It was obvious we could pass when we needed to considering your db's had to maul the receivers at times just to get flagged and still give up a catch. If a frog had wings

And btw that post is directed at

Dec 2, 2013, 4:47 PM

Hashtag, not you other more sensible tiger fans

This should count as an undefeated season

Dec 2, 2013, 5:11 PM

since the two "losses" were actually wins by Clemson against themselves!

Can't argue with that logic!

Dec 2, 2013, 5:37 PM

50 turnovers away from 3x defending national champions!

Dec 2, 2013, 5:32 PM

We "only" forced 3 punts because wr kept TAKING the ball from you. Aside from Bryant trying to clothesline your punt returner while fielding a punt, the other 5 turnovers were FORCED.

Dec 2, 2013, 5:32 PM

*we*

i agree Hashtag

Dec 2, 2013, 5:36 PM

And if Watkins had completed that pass, were talking a totally different game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumb

Dec 2, 2013, 5:48 PM

You don't have the highest paid assistants around to let them have a learning period. That's the stupidest thing I've heard ever. They are paid to produce now, not in 5 years.

TL;DR***

Dec 2, 2013, 5:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic