Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is a REAL conversation on a coot board. Shaw vs DW..lol
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

This is a REAL conversation on a coot board. Shaw vs DW..lol

Dec 17, 2016, 10:47 AM

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Board/44/Contents/Connor-Shaw-or-DeShaun-Watson-49868821

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is a REAL conversation on a coot board. Shaw vs DW..lol

Dec 17, 2016, 10:49 AM

Shaw was good. I wish Shaw would get a better opportunity in NFL. But hes not on the same level as DW4. I cannot wait to see DW4 in the NFL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man are they stupid

Dec 17, 2016, 11:20 AM

I just don't understand how you can be that dumb.

Dec 17, 2016, 11:25 AM

YAWN!!!

Connor Shaw is that rare Gamecock that most Tigers

Dec 17, 2016, 11:26 AM

tip their hat too. Heck of a competitor. He has the respect of a lot of Tigers.

So why do Gamecocks have to try to ruin that by comparing him favorably to DW? That's just ridiculous.

I'm hard-pressed to think of ANY QB you want over DW with the game on the line. Ice runs through his veins. He has come through numerous times. Two losses his entire college career when he was playing in the 4th. One was against Bama when he single-handed lay was crushing their defense and the other was Pitt when he hung 42 on them.

null

They don't have much to feel good about themselves.

Dec 17, 2016, 11:49 AM

Just pity the proud losers. They will NEVER shut their beaks, even after the 56-7 whipping they got that should have been far worse. It was like an NFL team playing a high school or middle school team. They don't have much to feel good about at all. So the nostalgia for the past when they beat Clemson 5 times yet won nothing. Remember those years? Yeah.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 17, 2016, 11:26 AM

"None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see." -- Matthew Henry

The stupidity on that thread makes my head hurt.***

Dec 17, 2016, 11:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep - no question

Dec 17, 2016, 11:42 AM

its beyond stupid - it reeks of mental issues. the strange part is they ALL seem to suffer from the same mental disease - not to mention the rampant gonorrhea

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Insanity*****

Dec 17, 2016, 11:45 AM

Shaw was their best ever. Watson is our best ever.

Dec 17, 2016, 11:46 AM

Watson is better than Shaw in every way.

But Shaw was a freaking gamer. Watson just has more talent.

No disrespect to Shaw at all.

Word.***

Dec 17, 2016, 5:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll disrespect him. Screw that skinhead coot.***

Dec 17, 2016, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Shaw was their best ever. Watson is our best ever. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 17, 2016, 11:51 AM

What a nut job there is no way Conner Shaw could even fit into DW's shoes. The gamecocks have never had a player of DW's ability, ever.

The coots need to get it in their heads they are an average program and cannot play with the men year after year. Those spurrier years were a flash in the pan. Except it coots will always be an average team!

Conner Shaw vs DW no contest! DW would school CS if they had played in head to head competition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: to my surprise

Dec 17, 2016, 1:05 PM

it seems like more than a few SC fans acknowledge DW is better.

Dec 17, 2016, 1:10 PM

Yea reading the replies to this thread I thought I was going to click that and read some of the most delusional homerism I've ever seen....

The OP is obviously delusional but most of the replies were rational and set him straight.

Dec 17, 2016, 1:35 PM

Yes most of them realize how great DW is. I do not see how anybody can even compare the 2.

Dec 17, 2016, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: to my surprise ]

What about Ace Dilcock?

Think he recognizes it?

Dec 17, 2016, 8:20 PM

> What about Ace Dilcock?
>
> Think he recognizes it?

Probably not

Re LOL***

Dec 17, 2016, 1:03 PM

But...but...but...

Dec 17, 2016, 1:12 PM

Shaw could kick Watson's ace in a fight!!!

Huh?

I didn't know we were talking about MMA fighters. Ain't we were talking about qb play?

Stoopid coot!

~JKB

Re: But...but...but...

Dec 17, 2016, 1:34 PM

I would take 6 3 220 LB Watson over 6 1 200 LB Shaw anytime. While I think it is stupid and neither would want to fight each other because both are respectable young men.

Dec 17, 2016, 1:23 PM

Shaw the better runner???? LMFAO white boy could run but come on.

Dec 17, 2016, 1:24 PM

You see the post that said Shaw would kick DWs a$$ in a fight? ### that is about stupid to even say and I highly doubt that.

Shaw was a good, tough QB, but those teams leaned on

Dec 17, 2016, 1:28 PM

their defense and Shaw and the offense would just do enough to win most of the time. It's not like they routinely scored 40+ points. They won a lot of games by scoring in the ~24-35 range and shutting teams down defensively.

Watson is on another level. He can put the team on his back and take over games all by himself. Shaw couldn't do that. And he usually didn't need to because they had elite defenses.

Re: Shaw was a good, tough QB, but those teams leaned on

Dec 17, 2016, 5:05 PM

You hit the nail on the head bro. That defense is what carried that team back then. Plus Shaw did most of his damage running in front of man coverage. He never won a championship because he was never good enough to carry his team on his arm.

man, they live completely in a fantasy world...

Dec 17, 2016, 2:01 PM

"If we had Watson instead of Shaw..." If they had Elway instead of Bentley!! Wow!!

Shaw is the most valuable player ever at SCU.***

Dec 17, 2016, 2:24 PM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Shaw is better than this Board gives him credit for being

Dec 17, 2016, 2:36 PM

which is sad,

because the definition of class is first being able to recognize

the positives of your competitors.

The man never lost to us and finally got SOS off the S Garcia experiment.

He's also made the roster in the NFL, which Tajh unfortunately could not sustain.

Dismissing the man is really sophomoric.

Re: Shaw is better than this Board gives him credit for being

Dec 17, 2016, 5:53 PM

Have you even read this thread? No one is being critical of Shaw, it appears that everyone is giving him credit...simply not saying he is better than Watson.

Which he is not and was not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2016, 4:41 PM

Well considering those wins were more about how Tajh collapsed than how well Shaw played it's not a fair comparison. Shaw was a Tough player and a real gamer, but he isn't in the same class of player as Deshaun.

I like the ones that say, "If Watson played for USC..."

Dec 17, 2016, 5:19 PM

Let them dream to escape reality.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 17, 2016, 5:23 PM

I don't need see the issue here...majority of the posters posted with logical answers that were mainly in Watson's favor. Seemed like a more sensible discussion than what goes on over at FGF...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 17, 2016, 7:27 PM

The one coot that says that Connor Shaw could beat up DW .
That right there ...is the epitome of the Coot mentality .
We aren't as good as you but our QB could beat up your QB !

Sad people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 17, 2016, 7:45 PM

Shaw was a tiger slayer, but not even Close To What DW did to the Coots. The fact that they would take Shaw over Watson every time Proves why they will never be relevant in football

Reality is they are hurting and looking for anything they can claim at any point

Dec 17, 2016, 8:13 PM

In the past, that they were better than us in because after 3 in a row, a total beat down 56-7 that Boom said before the game they just needed to hang close until the 4th quarter and the fact we are in the playoffs ranked 1st and 2nd the last two years getting top exposure for our top notch program.

After they talked like they were world champions because they got 5th place in the sec and beat us 5 in a row for the first time. It's hard to face where their program is now because they claimed it was so much more than it was before and we are dominating them like always but they know the best is yet to come for Our Tigers and compared to their team, rankings and outlook it will be a long time before they will have a competitive team that could challenge us even in an off year.

They are jealous so they strike out with all they have and the lies become their truth. Like we have a team full of seniors and we won't be good after they graduate this year for 4-5 years.

They don't realize we are one of the top 5 youngest teams...lol

Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Just give them the rope, it's all they have and they will go boom and hang themselves!!!????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic