Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Rising to the occasion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

New Story: Rising to the occasion

Oct 4, 2015, 8:44 AM

Rising to the occasion

Clemson’s defense was gashed, and it bent as Notre Dame rallied from a 21-3 deficit to pull within 24-22 with seven seconds remaining, but in the end it didn’t break.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Rising to the occasion

Oct 4, 2015, 9:41 AM
GO #10 Ben.jpg(55.8 K)

CONGRATS _ AWESOME DEFENSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB,last night !!!!!! Tigers beat a ""VERY GOOD"" Notre Dame team and made me proud to be a Clemson Tiger !!!!!! Go Tigers !!!!!

Oct 4, 2015, 1:21 PM

I don't know what the criteria is for helmet stickers, it must be to be in on every single tackle on the field. I don't see that many stickers on Boulware's helmet, but he has terrorized offenses about every single game. And when I think about Steele was going to pass on the Boulware wrecking ball, it makes me wonder how in the h&ll is he still working in college FB today. He sure as h&ll can't judge talent. He has to be a coach that goes by the stars only. Steele should be on his knee's every single day counting his blessing as a coach, bc he is being blessed!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 10:09 AM

I wonder if that corner feels like Deshaun is a top five QB now

Oct 4, 2015, 11:46 AM

Conservative play calling in the fourth quarter was too much IMO. When they have 9 in the box, run around the box. Our offense basically went three an out too many times in the fourth quarter and our defense got gassed. Had we not recovered the last fumble on the 3 yard line, they would have scored and had enough time to come back and win bc Tony Elliot was too conservative and scared we would fumble the ball.

Oct 4, 2015, 2:13 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Oct 4, 2015, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Rising to the occasion ]

I'm thankful we got the win and I am so proud of all our Tigers, but I feel when they slow the game down Deshaun is not the same, he is still a great QB but when he can go at breakneck speed the team seems to execute better. I hope Scott and Elliot don't take to much away from Deshaun...of course the weather had a lot to do with the play calling in the 4th quarter. It was raining sheets of rain, instead of a downpour. So very proud of our defense and our whole team. The special teams showed a lot of improvement. Glad to see our kicker back in the game last night. He did a great job when he hit and knocked the ball loose on that kick-off. Great Job team....love ya!!!!!!Not to take away from the win, but lets go get us some Yellow Jackets and let them know we're not allergic to a little bee sting. Go Tigers...Beat GT.

This is Turtle Mentality!

Oct 4, 2015, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Rising to the occasion ]

Thank you...I wonder at the coaches defending the sitting on the lead when they almost were tied the last two games by doing so...Florida did not come out of attack mode when they lead Miss... so why have a turtle mentality, thinking if you continue to stick your head out, it might get taken from you. Sitting on a lead is a lack of confidence in the ability of the players to do their jobs. This time it almost exhausted the defense with their 3 and out's.

Oct 4, 2015, 3:32 PM

Congrats on doing enough to win! And, after watching the hits that ND put on Gallman and others, what a great job not fumbling a wet football!

Re: defense: Why did we stop blitzing in the 2nd half? We were killing ND in the 1st half with our pressure, and apparently decided to give Kizer all the time in the world in the 2nd, especially in the 4th qtr. If Venables was concerned about fatigue, he should have rotated more players into the mix.

Re: offense: Elliott and Scott should have trusted DeShaun and the other players to run our normal offense more in the 2nd half. Not trying to make a first down is a great recipe for fatiguing the defense and allowing the ND offense too many chances to score. I hope that they learn from this game. And, lest you think that I am too critical, Chad Morris was paid more than Elliott and Scott combined and called games that sucked just as bad or worse than this one.

My ultimate message to the coaches is: Be aggressive and trust the players. They have to run what you call, but don't handcuff them and negate the skills that you recruited them for in the first place!!! Better talent will usually win out, but only if the coaches don't screw this up with stupidity...

Major props to the D-LINE!!!*******

Oct 5, 2015, 9:18 AM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic