Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FYI - The position of head BB coach at Clemson is a paid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,141

FYI - The position of head BB coach at Clemson is a paid

Jun 10, 2015, 12:17 PM

position. JL & staff weren't volunteering their time. They got paid and were given the privilege of coaching at our great University. JL had a contract that was honored and he was given ample time to bring CU back to where we were accustomed to being. Most on Tigernet would have loved for JL to have been the coach to get us back to where we belong. Based on the last 5 years it didn't appear that we were headed in that direction.

For those who think it was handled wrong, please tell us what you would have done differently.

I'm not a Jack basher and until this year clung to the belief that JL was going to get it done. I wish Jack & staff good luck and thank them for their service to Clemson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FYI - The position of head BB coach at Clemson is a paid

Jun 10, 2015, 12:25 PM

Invested in facilities in a manner that would have portrayed us as remotely competitive with SCar and given him a budget that would have allowed him retain or hire his first choice of assistants. Everything the about our present situation is an administrative failure exasperated by a fanbase that doesn't now how to look past the headcoach for problem solving.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some facilities already upgraded

Jun 10, 2015, 1:04 PM

I would have given him one more year with the new facilities and the incoming class. An extension could have been written that would have given DRad an out if JL didn't prove that he could do better with some of the things he fought for. And seeing an extension to retirement age would have helped on recruiting. If next year was just as bad, cut the strings. Maybe you write into the contract specific numbers like wins or getting to the super regional. As it is all dice are being rolled based on all new coaches. Not only next season but recruiting too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FYI - The position of head BB coach at Clemson is a paid

Jun 10, 2015, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: FYI - The position of head BB coach at Clemson is a paid ]

So these problems have been occurring for 20 or so years?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

So far as looking past the head coach,

Jun 10, 2015, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: FYI - The position of head BB coach at Clemson is a paid ]

how long had Jack held on to the assistants this year? Maybe he didn't have the budget to get who he really wanted, but sticking to his guns is what got us here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like what DRad has been doing over the past 2 yrs***

Jun 10, 2015, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: FYI - The position of head BB coach at Clemson is a paid ]

Re: Sounds like what DRad has been doing over the past 2 yrs***

Jun 10, 2015, 3:17 PM

Oh you mean the facility that opens next year and the use of the academic common market beginning next year. Yes, Jack was definitely given opportunity to take advantage of those things. I see your point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only thing I would've possibly done differently

Jun 10, 2015, 12:30 PM

would have been to pull the band-aid off last year. I think DRad handled it correctly, probably, by trying to give one more year. But I don't understand how this was, at all, handled poorly. We're not privy to any information that occurred behind the scenes, but I'm willing to bet it was professional.

Huge baseball fans are a different breed, and not necessarily in a bad way. Just unusually strong emotions. A recent poll on a different Clemson website had 98% in favor of letting Jack go. It was the correct decision. Just gotta get the right guy hired.

This is Tard-net where emotions rule and the Tard-net

Jun 10, 2015, 7:28 PM

mafia emotionally support people over performance.

null

they failed. time for a change***

Jun 10, 2015, 1:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

D Rad

Jun 10, 2015, 1:46 PM

should have kept all the negative stuff out of the press. He did not need to give them every detail last year. Then he leads most to think that Jack gets an extension this year last Tuesday. Can you blame any of Jacks assistants who are now head coaches putting a themselves at a distance from this job.

What?

Jun 10, 2015, 1:58 PM

How did he lead most to think JL was getting an extension? Cause TCI and JL said so? Noone in their right mind (or paying attention) could have thought Leggett was getting another year.

Seems like players thought so too

Jun 10, 2015, 2:15 PM

I can't find them right now but some of the interviews with the more senior players like maybe Duggar or Kreiger made me think they also thought JL was told one thing Tuesday and another Thursday. I don't remember exactly who.

It's highly possible that Jack told his players Tuesday that

Jun 10, 2015, 4:17 PM

everything is going to be OK or something along those lines.

I doubt Jack would be telling people he's getting fired in a few days. He's probably a positive thinker like most coaches and continued about his business.

Hard time seeing JL saying "great" knowing in days

Jun 10, 2015, 4:48 PM

it will not be true. You might be right but I can't believe that if Jack thought he would be fired he would tell anyone the opposite just to delay the truth for a few days.

Sounds like Jack was in denial.***

Jun 10, 2015, 7:30 PM

null

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,141
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic