Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
South Carolina fans are so classy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

South Carolina fans are so classy

Nov 30, 2018, 11:40 AM

On The State website there is a story about an assistant principal at a local Columbia high school getting caught with drugs and was arrested. In the comments section a guy uses the ‘N’ word. Basically saying that is what ‘those people’ do. You guessed it. The guy making the racist comment is a coot!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: South Carolina fans are so classy

Nov 30, 2018, 11:50 AM

Racism is NOT limited to coots. I've been trying for years to find anyone that is not racist. Some are just more than others. And, for the record, believe it or not, there are plenty of Blacks that are racists too. If you don't believe that, then you haven't lived long enough.

Nov 30, 2018, 12:12 PM

I’ve live for 56 years so far and hope to live a lot longer. I’ve never understood disliking people because of race, sexual orientation etc. just seems ignorant to me.

Racism can be found most everywhere and anyone can be racists if they chose but to do it so openly and proudly. Just stupid in my book.

Nov 30, 2018, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina fans are so classy ]

It’s part of the human condition. But generally one group has had the power to make their racism cause economic and social pain upon other groups. Therefore that group’s racism gets more attention, and rightlfully so.

Nov 30, 2018, 12:18 PM

I'm calling bs on this one. This day and age anyone who wants to can make something out of themselves. There are grants and all kinds of financial aid available. Don't blame one group because other groups are too lazy to get out and work for what they want. This crap about one race holding back another is total bs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 12:44 PM

In this day and age, you are correct. However, this is a very recent day and age. Historically and up to very recently, the last 30-40 years (which is still very recent) it was not possible for everyone from anywhere to make something of themselves. We cannot ignore that history and pretend these conditions didn’t exist for a very long time. At the same time, in today’s America there is only one person who ultimately decides what you will do with your life and that is you, regardless of any circumstances. We are not what our circumstances say we are, we are our responses to those circumstances.

All of that being said.... ITS THE DAY BEFORE THE ACC CHAMPIONSHIP!!! LETS ALL GET BACK TO CLEMSON FOOTBALL!! GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there is stupid people everywhere***

Nov 30, 2018, 11:52 AM

Nov 30, 2018, 11:53 AM

Do you really believe there aren’t Clemson fans that are racist?

Unfortunately both of our schools are located in a fairly racist part of the country.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

"fairly racist part of the country" is a myth. There is

Nov 30, 2018, 12:10 PM

very little difference throughout most of the country...at least in my experience.

There are racists everywhere. It's a human flaw not limited to any particular race or area of the world.

Sadly, you are correct that we both have them in our midsts

Nov 30, 2018, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina fans are so classy ]

However, I think you may be a bit off about the "fairly racist part of the country." It is anecdotal on my part, but my experience moving around this country is that that crap exists everywhere (and in fairly equal measure).

The difference in the Southern states is, I believe, that there used to be an openness and acceptance to feeling/talking that way that has caused some folks down South to still think it OK to express those views in public. Living in Maryland I heard more racist crap than I ever did in South Carolina, but it was whispered not spoken. Living in Indiana or Ohio those sentiments were usually started with "I'm not racist, but..." and then something that clearly outlined they had a strongly biased view on race. Living in California, often it was just as vocal, but targeted to different segments (black vs white vs latino vs asian).

The good news is that we are living in a generation where when most folks hear something like someone casually dropping the "n" word we recoil. The bad news is that there seems, by my anecdotal experience, to still be a tacit acceptance of racial biases everywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina fans are so classy ]

COOT of 09, I don't like COOTS regardless of color.

Now there's a shocker...

Nov 30, 2018, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina fans are so classy ]

Clueless09 trying to rationalize inappropriate conduct by u5c fans, administrators, players and coaches.

The eternal champion defender of all things ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The entire country is fairly racist, you need to get out

Dec 4, 2018, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina fans are so classy ]

more if you think it only exists in our corner guy

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shocker, you're defending your racist fans***

Dec 4, 2018, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina fans are so classy ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 11:55 AM

Interesting a guy calling someone out for being racist chooses to refer to them as a coot..hmm

Legally or whatever..a minority can Not be called a Racist..

Nov 30, 2018, 12:03 PM

but then again they are human and are prejudiced & bias.

And, i too think anyone of any group can be racist but that’s the legality of the matter.

I say: Live & Let Live..keep your hands off others..and shut your mouth uP if you can’t be civil or positive.

Now, if i could follow this line of thought!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Legally or whatever..a minority can Not be called a Racist..

Nov 30, 2018, 12:32 PM

Funny (TRUE) story about minorities.

Years ago I was called to HR to respond to a grievance that a Black person had filed in regards to the latest raises. They claimed that minorities received the worst raises, while everyone else received the higher raises. I responded that in our department, a female Filipino and male Thai employee actually received the 2 highest raises. And since we only had ONE of each and numerous Blacks and Whites, I considered THEM to be the minorities. I then asked whether or not I, being White, should file a grievance that the minorities got the largest raises instead. The HR VP and the Black person that filed the grievance looked at each other in disbelief and the meeting ended seconds later.

I had to put up with crap like that for years. If you put up with it long enough, you get totally fed up to your eyeballs with listening to the constant whining and beeching.

Re: Legally or whatever..a minority can Not be called a Racist..

Nov 30, 2018, 12:50 PM

I teach at Midlands Technical College and have indicated per the US Census Bureau that American population demographics are changing rapidly. We all need to recognize shifts in our nation’s makeup are nothing new and racist attitudes do not speak well of who we were historically or how we should perceive each other presently.

Latino and Asian are the two fastest growing segments of our population so anyone other than those ethnicities needs to understand how our country has evolved and will continue doing so. We dealt with similar historical shifts in the nineteenth century and survived just fine.

This has zero to do with Clemson football

Nov 30, 2018, 12:34 PM

zee
roh

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 12:35 PM

Nov 30, 2018, 12:37 PM

There is no winning a conversation discussing racism

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 1:27 PM

I know everyone is glad to see Classless of '09 is back. I guess he found his feelings somewhere. I thought he took his ball and went home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God is Not Racist. Y not let Him decide who is?

Nov 30, 2018, 1:47 PM

Acts 10:34,35
1 John 4:20,21
1 John 3:10

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic