Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This does not sound nice ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 459

This does not sound nice ...

Nov 10, 2020, 3:53 PM

“You can’t heal or reform the GOP who are now an extremist party. They have to be broken, burned down and rebuilt. When Biden is in power treat them like the active threats to democracy they are. If those who committed crimes aren’t punished then they will be more emboldened”

Wajahat Ali, New York Times

I infer the “crimes” he is referring to is supporting Trump

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The First Amendment is not being threatened***

Nov 10, 2020, 4:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This unity stuff is going to be fun.***

Nov 10, 2020, 4:36 PM

Sounds Fascist, doesn't he?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wajahat Ali doesn't even sound like a real name...

Nov 10, 2020, 4:40 PM

But I hear he's the front runner for Homeland Security.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How real does "New York Times" sound?***

Nov 10, 2020, 4:43 PM

They print him quite a bit.

Is New Y Times getting a cabinet post?***

Nov 10, 2020, 4:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah. All comments shall be confined to cabinet matters.

Nov 10, 2020, 4:47 PM

I wont abide by that. We'll see who else does.

I don't think you understand...

Nov 10, 2020, 4:51 PM

I'm pointing out that no matter how opinionated Mr. Ali is, he's probably not saying too much worse than Hannity says every night and neither one of them have any proven influence on the President or President-elect.

Although Hannity probably does.

You have already said you are the one who does not

Nov 10, 2020, 5:06 PM

understand. You've never heard of this guy.

1. He has a large platform at NYT. If you knew this guy - no problem that you dont: cant know everything - you would know what a fascist this guy is. He and Hannity, as bad as H is, are not in the same realm as far as that goes. That an outlet like the NYT gives this guy a voice is worth a comment by the OP. Whatabout is not an answer here.

2. Your comment to me was to talk only about cabinet posts. Not going to do that.

The quote isn't from the NY Times.***

Nov 10, 2020, 5:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Right. i was saying the guy is not a nobody. Quite

Nov 10, 2020, 5:22 PM

the opposite: he speaks from that platform. Should have been clearer on that.

Re: Right. i was saying the guy is not a nobody. Quite

Nov 10, 2020, 6:10 PM

OK. I'm probably just stupid, but what's the argument actually being made about the comment from whoever this guy is? Are we supposed to agree with him, disagree with him, deplatform him, what?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I dont think you're missing anything. Nothing like

Nov 10, 2020, 10:25 PM

what you suggest has been proposed, I dont think. The OP was taking a lot of heat for simply quoting the post and wondering to whom the quote was referring. Seems fair. I have been simply defending the legitimacy of making the post, which some questioned. One person reminded me that Tom Cotton said something stupid. Exactly: people here commented on it. So, all's fair.

Someone below, maybe you, point blank asked him the purpose of the post. I can't imagine a more fair question, Is exactly what should be asked. But the above harrumphing about the fact that it was posted seems hypocritical: posting tweets in righteous indignation, silly as that might be, has been a favored communication here for years. People are going to object to it now?

They printed something stupid by Tom Cotton, too.

Nov 10, 2020, 5:06 PM [ in reply to How real does "New York Times" sound?*** ]

That's what newspapers do. Let people express opinions. They put the person's mug shot and byline on it, and it's their opinion. That's how it works.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

And people here commented on it. Let it go.

Nov 10, 2020, 5:16 PM

I am defending the fact that the OP's comment is germain to current events, Cotton's article was worth commenting on, and so is this one.

Edit: As Spoon says, one is an article, the other a tweet. The platform is the NYT in either case.

Let what go?

Nov 10, 2020, 5:40 PM

The OP was a Tweet.

My point is that this is an unsurprising attempt to make a comment/blame the NY Times for one dude's Tweet. No, the NY Times is not his platform for his Tweet.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

What is the point of this post?***

Nov 10, 2020, 4:41 PM

- Jonathan Swift

I think he's just saying that opinion pieces in papers

Nov 10, 2020, 4:46 PM

are very similar to the things Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow spout off on TV. But he's highlighting, or probably meant to highlight, that they are not really news but opinions.

OK, annnnd?

Nov 10, 2020, 4:58 PM

I thought it was supposed to be proving something about something maybe.

"Some person has an opinion" is the only thing this proves.

And it wasn't in the NY Times. It was on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/status/1325990719102791681

- Jonathan Swift

This guy is going to be running everything Spoon

Nov 10, 2020, 5:02 PM

we've got to keep our eye on him.

No it doesn't. But it's just an extreme left guy using the

Nov 10, 2020, 4:44 PM

"I know you are, but what am I?" argument with the GOP.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought that was an earlier post by

Nov 10, 2020, 4:54 PM

Chuckston T-Man Or
Catahoula

??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This does not sound nice ...

Nov 10, 2020, 7:11 PM

clem,

No, I think he is referring to actual crimes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 459
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic