Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Jameis Winston suspended for entire Clemson game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

FB Update: Jameis Winston suspended for entire Clemson game

Sep 19, 2014, 11:38 PM

Jameis Winston suspended for entire Clemson game

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I prefer this to the half-game suspension. It was just weird***

Sep 19, 2014, 11:43 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I prefer this to the half-game suspension. It was just weird***

Sep 19, 2014, 11:48 PM

Waited til Friday night to announce that , huh ?
Hmm. This could in no way be an attempt by the staff at FSU to keep Clemson from scheming differently on defense. No way were they withholding this important facet to chess match us a little in such a pivotal , season changing game .
I would bet a ton that this decision was made before 11 pm the night before the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Clemson just carries the first half scheme into the 2nd half

Sep 19, 2014, 11:50 PM

Not a big deal.

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

Re: Clemson just carries the first half scheme into the 2nd half

Sep 20, 2014, 4:05 AM

Absolutely Drew....no brainer!!!

worked in athens... i'm all for it.***

Sep 20, 2014, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Clemson just carries the first half scheme into the 2nd half ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2014, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I prefer this to the half-game suspension. It was just weird*** ]

Strange situation...either way, lets hope Clemson Rolls the Noles^^ rollem up!!!!!

Rumor is they just found out he's been dishonest and they found out today.

Sep 20, 2014, 1:40 AM [ in reply to Re: I prefer this to the half-game suspension. It was just weird*** ]

Something else happened to warrant this. He did something else along with the standing on the table but if fsu can they're gonna try to keep it in house and avoid more criticism and have people think it was just for the table incident. He's done something to really pisss off the higher ups

Re: Rumor is they just found out he's been dishonest and they found out today.

Sep 20, 2014, 6:12 AM

I know Jimbo hates this. He has brought this on himself by not dealing with Winston on the other incidents. IMO Glad he is being taught a lesson here. Maybe he will learn from it, but I have my doubts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This could be the end for Jameis at FSU actually...

Sep 20, 2014, 7:52 AM

Which is too bad because his future was so bright. Something else is going on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This could be the end for Jameis at FSU actually...

Sep 20, 2014, 1:28 PM

He is so dumb! I don't think his degree of stupidity can be fixed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rumor is they just found out he's been dishonest and they found out today.

Sep 20, 2014, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Rumor is they just found out he's been dishonest and they found out today. ]

if you notice, the president of FSU made the announcement. Not he coach or Athletic Director. With all the backlash against the NFL, looks like FSU was getting a lot of flack also. Would be willing to bet that the college president told Jimbo what to do....

no way!! winson not being truthful???? No way!!***

Sep 20, 2014, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Rumor is they just found out he's been dishonest and they found out today. ]

Sep 20, 2014, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I prefer this to the half-game suspension. It was just weird*** ]

It won't matter. We were gonna upset them anyway and this is how they can justify it later in the year to the playoff selection board.

Now we control our destiny. We still have to win out though and that is on us. Nobody else. No whining, no excuses!

Re: FB Update: Jameis Winston suspended for entire Clemson game

Sep 20, 2014, 12:00 AM

The suspension should have been for the entire game when the disciplinary action was taken. If we were up at halftime and Crablegs came in and they won, he would have been even more arrogant.

Minimize your loses FSU, and kick him off the team. Terrible ambassador for the university.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

Sep 20, 2014, 12:30 AM

Except he lead them to a National Championship and he also won the Heisman Trophy last year, so he isn't too bad of an ambassador for their university.

Sep 20, 2014, 6:13 AM

He did bring a lot of hype to the school, but he has brought a lot of negative stigma to their school, as well.

Winston has become a Liability for FSU

Sep 20, 2014, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Jameis Winston suspended for entire Clemson game ]

With Winston's baggage and now this immature stunt while the NFL is reeling against domestic violence, a one game suspension is the least FSU could do. He makes Johnny Manziel look like a boy scout.

If I were the FSU President, I would require Winston to get professional help and suspend him from the team until a psychiatrist confirmed that he has been properly diagnosed and is taking his medication.

Prediction: He won't be back next year and he won't end the year as a Seminoles if he gets in more trouble.

Sep 20, 2014, 12:20 AM

5 strikes and youre out....er, one game suspension.

Sep 20, 2014, 1:03 AM

What ever happened to three strikes aND your out.

I hope we destroy them.

Guess after Roger Goodell admitting to stepping on his

Sep 20, 2014, 1:14 AM

d!ck... FSU's Pres was feeling the heat of what could be a change, not only to the NFL but to College Football as well.

Only problem with this is it is too little. If something major happens again with JW you can believe the media will be up FSU's Administration @ss with a microscope.

There's probably a lot more going on behind the scenes.

Sep 20, 2014, 8:49 AM

I'm struggling to see what more there could have been to this particular incident. There were tons of witnesses and even some video... what more could have happened that he lied about?

I wouldn't be surprised if the &#*^ hits the fan down there soon.

I agree. I think there's something else...***

Sep 20, 2014, 8:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time to step up Tigers!

Sep 20, 2014, 1:55 AM

Won't get many of these opportunities. Take advantage and kick that ###!

CLEMSON WAS GOING TO KICK FSU'S ### ANYWAY!***

Sep 20, 2014, 7:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, yes they were... Too bad we have this now though***

Sep 20, 2014, 7:55 AM

Clemson Won't Kick Any ### Unless.....

Sep 20, 2014, 8:31 AM [ in reply to CLEMSON WAS GOING TO KICK FSU'S ### ANYWAY!*** ]

1) Clemson O-line blocks consistently,

2) Coach Pearman has finally figured out that Jordan Leggett can't block and does something about it,

3) Tiger kickoff coverage team stays in their lanes (Gurley KO return),

4) Tiger punt return team doesn't let FSU punt coverage team out run (hustle) our blockers (first UGA punt),

5) Put Kurt Flemming in game if we have trouble stopping blitzing LBs during passing downs (DJ & CJ block ok but looked like rag dolls against UGA LBs),

6) Put Kurt Flemming in game when it's 3rd down and 1 (even if you don't give him the ball, FSU will have to respect the possibility that we might run him up the middle).

just...wow...

Sep 20, 2014, 3:59 AM

I'm shocked FSU actually extended the punishment. FSU loses this game, I guarantee that his teammates and the fan base are gonna turn against him. Honestly, they're just better off giving the guy a bucket of crab legs & sending him on his way - he' proven he's not worth the trouble.

On the flip side, even though Winston doesn't play every position, having him out of the game is a golden opportunity for us to exact revenge for last year's debacle in DV.

LET'S GO TIGERS!!! BEAT THE SEMINOLES!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2014, 4:06 AM

Wow! I actually think what he did was vulgar but he should have been suspended for the crab legs incident rather than for the thing on Tuesday.

Sep 20, 2014, 5:08 AM

Rumor from a recent FSU Grad is that he destroyed thousands of $$ of school property somehow over the summer but university covered it up and no consequences for him. He has been repeatedly enabled by FSU and the Tallahassee PD to have little to no consequences for his behavior b/c he is a great QB. If this week's incident wasn't documented on Twitter, there would have been no consequences this week most likely. He has had too much (Heisman, Natl Champs) too soon for his own good probably.
Hope our Tigers can take advantage! Will still be a really tough game! GO Tigers!!!

Sep 20, 2014, 8:36 AM

Yeah he and some friends were in a bb gun fight in the dorms/apartments and did all that damage. Also was caught stealing sodas from burger king this summer too. They should have kicked his sry butt out of school already

Sep 20, 2014, 5:23 AM

At one time it was known as "The Power of the Pen" now it's "The Power of The Net"

He has been in the spot light many times now FSU had to address.
FSU will try to keep the reason in-house, ? could the added 1/2 game have anything to do with the NCAA being informed and getting the link on his no judgement with The Citadel player.

Sep 20, 2014, 6:08 AM

I hope we wear their arses out, and they blame the whole thing on that idiotic thug. Go Tigers!!!!

Sep 20, 2014, 6:09 AM

I think the internal FSU fan backlash forced the administration to extend Winston's suspension. They really did not want the stadium to boo him when he got on the field.

Sep 20, 2014, 7:10 AM

The ironic thing is that we are playing our second best QB in this game too...

Now that is cold... (Funny though)***

Sep 20, 2014, 7:59 AM

Re: Now that is cold... (Funny though)***

It's cheap too, but it made me chuckle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2014, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Jameis Winston suspended for entire Clemson game ]

Amen

Tonight we will find out how good we are.***

Sep 20, 2014, 7:41 AM

Re: Tonight we will find out how good we are.***

Sep 20, 2014, 7:54 AM

Absolutely. Hopefully the team isn't paying attention to all this crap. We need to be dominate tonight and make a statement.

Go TIGERS!

Sep 20, 2014, 7:56 AM

Uh, I hate that this game is becoming all about Jameis Winston. Every time I have heard him speak he gives off a "creep factor." I really don't know if he has some type of mental issue as some have speculated or if he is just incredibly immature. Either way, he has been allowed to get away with behaving badly since childhood. When talent becomes more important than character, poor decisions are made by parents, coaches, administrators, etc. I admire Dabo's ability to put the athlete first. Ultimately, holding the athlete accountable for their actions is the best thing for the athlete!

I think the FSU team will play with a chip on their shoulder. Here is the team's chance to show that it is more than any one player. I expect our team to ignore all the distractions and play lights out. We will also have a chip on our shoulder because the pundits are still picking FSU to beat us. I think it will be a great game. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where are his parents (dad) in all this?***

Sep 20, 2014, 8:02 AM

Re: Where are his parents (dad) in all this?***

Sep 20, 2014, 8:11 AM

Huffer, I remember an interview with the dad during one of the previous incidents. He blamed the university for not having someone "protecting' him from getting into trouble. I heard a fan on one of the call in sports shows express this same opinion. The caller kept calling Winston a kid. He is a 20 year old man. When my son was 20, I expected him to uphold a high moral standard no matter the circumstances or actions of others. Now, I know 20 year olds make mistakes, but growing up is about facing the consequences of actions and learning from mistakes. I don't think Mr. Winston has been held accountable for his mistakes and consequently, keeps making more.

I CAN HEAR IT NOW

Sep 20, 2014, 8:25 AM

Noles fans...

if Winston would had played, we would have dominated yall.
(providing CU wins)

Guess they'll be saying, we're a 1 man team.
NOLE FANS: if you lose, don't bring that CRAP!

:)

Oh well. Don't recruit idiots. Have some discipline

Sep 20, 2014, 8:26 AM

Not our problem

NOW LETS GO CURB STOMP THAT ###!

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jimbo should have addressed his behavior a long time ago.***

Sep 20, 2014, 8:28 AM

Re: Jimbo should have addressed his behavior a long time ago.***

Sep 20, 2014, 8:44 AM

They've already put a couple other National and Heisman trophies in their case without his butt, so if he's still acting too big for his britches. . . . FSU football is a LOT more than Mr. Crabs, and I think they've reminded him of that.

It sounds like they're about to tell him to hit the road if he doesn't grow up really quickly.

Re: Jimbo should have addressed his behavior a long time ago.***

Sep 20, 2014, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Jimbo should have addressed his behavior a long time ago.*** ]

His parents should have addressed his behavior a long time ago, also.

You don't get to choose your parents.***

Sep 20, 2014, 8:48 AM

Re: You don't get to choose your parents.***

Sep 20, 2014, 10:00 AM

At some point don't you stop blaming "mommie and daddy." FSU should have dropped the hammer on him long before this. He was enabled and therefore kept on doing what the he## he pleased.

Re: You don't get to choose your parents.***

Sep 20, 2014, 10:49 AM

You are correct. I was simply pointing out that many people have failed this young man along the way, including his parents.

Re: *****What should happen at a minimum******

Sep 20, 2014, 8:47 AM

Kicked off team, revoke scholarship, expelled from school. He then can work out rest of year then go to the NFL ( New Felony League ). Players are watching real close ( College and High School ) to see what is over-looked. Someone and some school is going to have to take the lead to set the example and to make an example for the rest to follow. If something isn't done and done quick then all we are headed for is a " mercenary league " for the Professional League(s), that is if you want to call them Professional.

It's his action. it's his choice. Now pay the price! If Winston played for Clemson, he would be off the team. GO TIGERS

Score defense, score!

Sep 20, 2014, 8:55 AM

Although this hurts them offensively, we still have their defense to contend with, so score defense, score.

The question now will be... how will the FSU players react?

Sep 20, 2014, 9:08 AM

Will they 'man up' without their leader and play ever harder?

or

Will they be so irritated at his childish selfish behavior that it gets in their head?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The question now will be... how will the FSU players react?

Sep 20, 2014, 9:42 AM

He's a suspected rapist, a common thief, and a person of little character/integrity...suspect his team mates realize that, and will react in such a way that allows us to win the game and the game within the game!!! Like Dabo says, "A win is a win"1

Sep 20, 2014, 10:10 AM

I fear this could be a big rallying point for the FSU team. Winston's suspension doesn't do a thing to improve our highly suspect OL. And FSU still has what may be the best OL in the country. And, can we really say that Cole Stoudt is better than their back-up QB who reportedly is a big tough dude with a cannon for an arm. I think our coaches have a big challenge in keeping our players focused on the realities. This will be a tough, tough game to win.

Sep 20, 2014, 10:41 AM [ in reply to The question now will be... how will the FSU players react? ]

Either way, we still can't block their front 4

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2014, 10:51 AM

I hope you are wrong, but fear you are right.

FSU knew we'd win either way so they suspended Winston....

Sep 20, 2014, 10:20 AM

in order to have an excuse for the playoff committee. :)

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic