Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Play by Play voice to rejoin ESPN to call CFB games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Play by Play voice to rejoin ESPN to call CFB games

Mar 10, 2018, 8:42 AM

Play by Play voice to rejoin ESPN to call CFB games

Play-by-play voice Sean McDonough, one of sports television’s most accomplished and versatile broadcasters, has signed a new multi-year extension and will rejoi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe I'm the only one wondering or maybe the only one brave enough to go out on a limb, but...

Mar 10, 2018, 11:43 AM

Please remind us of Sean McDonough's connection with Clemson...

I thought the same thing

Mar 10, 2018, 12:07 PM

Maybe he called one of our games once, but not sure this is Clemson news.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe I'm the only one wondering or maybe the only one brave enough to go out on a limb, but...

Mar 10, 2018, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Maybe I'm the only one wondering or maybe the only one brave enough to go out on a limb, but... ]

I think he doesn't hate Clemson...so, he's the anti-ESPN. ;) (Heck if I know!)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe I'm the only one wondering or maybe the only one brave enough to go out on a limb, but...

Mar 10, 2018, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Maybe I'm the only one wondering or maybe the only one brave enough to go out on a limb, but... ]

I suspect its due to his call on the TD to Renfrow. Outside of Clemson play by play guys that is the call that got the most play.

Mar 10, 2018, 12:43 PM

Yes. He had the best call of the Watson to Refrow game winner. Always been a fan of McDonough.

This is good news for college football fans. We are rid of Joe Tessitore who always tried too hard to sound dramatic or excited. McDonough is much more natural and at ease. Good move by ESPN.

Mar 10, 2018, 6:04 PM

cant believe they are gonna put Tessi on MNF. Guy is such an overdramatic tool.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2018, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Maybe I'm the only one wondering or maybe the only one brave enough to go out on a limb, but... ]

The thing I remember about him is he called the Rod Gardner push off game where we beat the chickens. Still makes me smile??

Mar 10, 2018, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Maybe I'm the only one wondering or maybe the only one brave enough to go out on a limb, but... ]

You just said what I was thinking. Tired of the crap that gets posted on here about random stuff that has no relevance to Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bit on the other posts, but yea...there's barely

Mar 13, 2018, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Maybe I'm the only one wondering or maybe the only one brave enough to go out on a limb, but... ]

a reason to put this on tigernet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

cant believe y'all dont remember SM's BEST Clemson call....

Mar 10, 2018, 3:44 PM

Video quality sucks--but not the call....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm4NJGx_w70

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This call was the first to come to my mind when I

Mar 10, 2018, 6:07 PM

saw it was McDonough.

+1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

He also called this one:

Mar 10, 2018, 6:29 PM [ in reply to cant believe y'all dont remember SM's BEST Clemson call.... ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sv8YN7nOV4

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I've never heard this because I've never seen this game...

Mar 13, 2018, 11:20 AM [ in reply to cant believe y'all dont remember SM's BEST Clemson call.... ]

I was in Charlotte. wasn't on local coverage, from what I remember. just read and saw the purple pants in the newspaper the next day.

Re: TNET: Play by Play voice to rejoin ESPN to call CFB games

Mar 11, 2018, 8:53 AM

Who could forget 1992 MLB National League Championship game 7? Francisco Cabrera? Sid Bream? Ring a bell?
https://youtu.be/FgjIVvEQo_o

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Play by Play voice to rejoin ESPN to call CFB games

Mar 11, 2018, 9:25 AM

That takes me to my childhood right there. I loved baseball as a kid and remember watching this play with my daddy. I'm 33 so I was about 8 when this happened.

best eva. i think I'd fallen asleep for a minute or so

Mar 13, 2018, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Play by Play voice to rejoin ESPN to call CFB games ]

and woke up to the crack of the bat....

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic