Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: State's Top Prospect has 20+ Offers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,412

Recruit Update: State's Top Prospect has 20+ Offers

Feb 15, 2011, 3:58 PM

State's Top Prospect has 20+ Offers

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: State's Top Prospect has 20+ Offers

Feb 15, 2011, 4:30 PM

He might want to pick Clemson, if he wants a school that will honor its commitment, even if an injury occurs. I imagine there will be those that bring up Marlin Lane or Page, but they are the ones that weren't firm in their commitments. We didn't walk away until after they did. Commitments work both ways.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2011, 4:58 PM

He is a strong USC lean. Will probably commit by Summer.

False, but he is in no way a clemson lean either***

Feb 15, 2011, 8:07 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not "false" - he's cut his list down to 4 schools- USC

Feb 18, 2011, 8:52 AM

is the leader.

Wildcats coach Scott Earley said the only schools Roland is still considering are, in order of preference, USC, Alabama, Florida and Georgia. Clemson was among Roland's many offers but did not make the final cut.

"Before football season starts, he will commit in the summer," Earley said. "He's going to enjoy his senior year."

Roland will be at USC on Saturday for the photo shoot being held by national recruiting analyst Tom Lemming. Because he's in the middle of the basketball playoffs and has a game Saturday night, Roland probably won't participate in many of the Gamecocks' junior day activities.

Earley said the Gamecocks are a firm leader for Roland.

"He likes that it's real close to home, real close to his momma and the people of Lexington," he said. "That's big for him for them to be able to see him play."

Believe what you want. But I know what i'm talking about

Feb 19, 2011, 3:32 PM

If I could say, I would, but for confidentiality purposes I can't say how I know. Just gotta trust me.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This basketball video was from his Sophomore year***

Feb 15, 2011, 4:33 PM

Getting Shaq to come will be whether or not we

Feb 15, 2011, 5:39 PM

Let him play WR. At least some. He is amazing at WR. He's a great DB, but people are overlooking his offensive playmaking ability. He was the leading scorer in the state, scoring 11 receiving TDs on 1100 yards and 20 rushing on about 700 yards. And this was done in a new offense (went from triple option last year to spread this year) and a freshman QB. Shaq carried this Lexington team (with a lot of help from RB Kevin Miller, a highly overlooked prospect at RB whoay be better than shaq), all the way to the semi-finals and possibly even state next year. Also, to clarify, he hasn't been 6'1 since his freshman year. He's about 6'3 now.

Know several people close to him.....

Feb 15, 2011, 6:02 PM

....our chances of getting this kid are approximately 0%.

I'd say more like 10, but still not great***

Feb 15, 2011, 8:07 PM

Feb 19, 2011, 3:35 PM

He will be a coot too. Just like the previous three mr footballs from sc. Becoming a tradition around cootlumbia

Good article Crump but I read here that he's not the #1 recr

Feb 19, 2011, 9:42 PM

I read here several of the more prolific and "insider" type posters saying no way he is the number one recruit in the state next year. You might should check with them before the next article naming the #1 recruit in South Carolina Crump.

Good article though. Thank you.

Yes he is the #1 recruit in state next year

Feb 20, 2011, 2:24 PM

No he is the #1 recruit in the state for next year.

Roland is a potential 5 star. He's the kind of athlete who

Feb 20, 2011, 2:56 PM

could be a Parade All-American both in football and in basketball.

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,412
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic